Love at the Laundromat [GxB][Romance, Comedy, Drama] DEMO UP

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SerpentSimple

Re: Love at the Laundromat [GxB][Romance, Comedy, Drama]

#376 Post by SerpentSimple »

Woah!! I haven't read this topic for years! And I must say the most recent Lynn's design is much more cuter <3

Lachez
Regular
Projects: Nakajo

#377 Post by Lachez »

Oh wow, this is going to look beautiful! So many features @_@<3

ehcs
Regular
Projects: Love at the Laundromat
Organization: Moustachio Studios

#378 Post by ehcs »

@janrrah18
Thank you very much! :D

@RunicV
Bah, forgive me for my lazyness to draw proper paintings, hahaha. I know what you mean, it was one of the problems I had when I was making them. I'll try to make the airbrushing look less pronounced. xD I'll definitely add shadows on the street background. I knew there was something seriously wrong with that BG but I had no idea how to fix it. Now the lack of shadows is just glaring at me at full force, I can't believe I didn't notice it before, hahaha. Thanks! :')

I'm glad you think so! I wanted to reply to your comment on tumblr too but I fail at tumblr and have no idea how to reply ORZ
Hahaha, yay you noticed the moustache necklace xD Just slapping on the studio logo wherever I can now, hahaha.

Thank you very much! *A*

@EchoLove
D'aww, thank you. :'D

@MioSegami
Thank you! *A*

@sake-bento
Thank you very much! (Wonderful work with Backstage Pass, btw. Everyone looks so delicious. *A* )

@SerpentSimple
And I can't believe it's been almost a year. D:
Thank you! :D

@Lachez
I'll try my best. :')
Thank you!

UPDATE 03/20/13
I managed to post updates on twitter and tumblr but I forgot to update here. Anyway, only 1 more background has been made, 2 of Lynnettes' outfits have been finalized, Mrs. Fletcher is completed, and a 3 more characters have been sketched. :)

I seriously need to update the front page...

BG:

Lynnette:

Fletcher:

Sketches:
ImageImageImage

EchoLove
Regular

#379 Post by EchoLove »

I LOVE lyn's moustache necklace so much! This is looking really good so far with progress. Any idea how long until you'll have another major update on the whole project?

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#380 Post by KittyKatStar »

I love what you're doing with the character designs and backgrounds. Looks amazing. ^_^

ehcs
Regular

#381 Post by ehcs »

@EchoLove
Thank you very much! That depends on what you mean by 'major update'. :')
I plan to have the demo out sometime in April but I'll have to see how long it takes me to finish all the CGs needed. Right now, I'm not moving fast enough to meet my self imposed deadlines so I still don't feel all too confident about declaring a release date for anything. :(

@KittyKatStar
Thank you so very much! :'D

______________________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE 03/20/13 (part 2)

Fleshed out 3 scenes and finalized 2 characters. Out of curiosity, do people have any problems with VNs that are more dialogue centric rather than descriptive and/or narrative? This is a personal preference but I'm not sure how much other people would welcome it.

Also, I'm slowly updating the front page.

ImageImage

EchoLove
Regular

#382 Post by EchoLove »

No i dont mind VNs like that at all :)

latte
Regular
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds, untitled KN

#383 Post by latte »

You know what I like? Good VNs. I've seen great games with lots of dialogue, others with endless inner monologue and description (IMO that's even harder to pull off), others that had exactly 1/3 of each like it had been carefully calculated... The list goes on and on. Make what you have confidence in writing!

By the way, the new sprites are looking great. I definitely don't wear girly clothes often, but Lynn's new outfits do look better. Also, dat moustache <3

Kenai

#384 Post by Kenai »

Aah, I'm excited for this! Very beautiful art!

Laurelsing

#385 Post by Laurelsing »

I agree, write what you're most comfortable writing! I enjoy dialogue-heavy games, AND I enjoy games that feature more descriptive narratives - either can be very good!

ehcs
Regular

#386 Post by ehcs »

@EchoLove
Good to know. xD

@latte
Nice answer - and so very true, haha. I'll try to write it as best as I can then. :')
Thank you very much!

Kenai
Thank you! :')

Laurelsing
I'm glad to know that people's preferences can be so flexible. :'D
Thanks for the input! :')

UPDATE 03/25/13
I haven't been updating here on lemma as frequently as I have been on tumblr. I was worried my constant yet minuscule updates were verging on spamming.

Character sprites have been updated. I'll be posting the GUI soon - maybe after I finish Nicholas' sprites.

EchoLove
Regular

#387 Post by EchoLove »

I LOVE Sol's sprites so much xD That smirk and the blush GAH xD And are those all sprites for the characters other than different outfits? Because they're looking really,really nice.

Laurelsing

#388 Post by Laurelsing »

That pose where Miles is clasping his necklace in his fingers is a really nice touch, I love how it looks! It's very human. <3

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#389 Post by Blane Doyle »

Gosh I haven't looked at these for a while but THESE ARE SO PRETTY. The poses are unique but not too dramatic. I love them.

Ayame
Regular

#390 Post by Ayame »

So much to catch up on!!
First, the backgrounds. My reaction when I saw the first one: "Wow!" The second one: "WOW!!" The third one: "WOOOOOW!!!" By the fourth one, my breath had been positively taken away. I might have an untrained eye, but they all look absolutely STUNNING to me. God. So talented you are. *-*

Then, the bachelors' and side characters' sprites. They're really great, and Sol's nose looks much better now. XD And you know what? Now that I'm looking at Eli after a while without seeing him... I'm warming up to him. The more I look at him, the more I like him. :D

About Lynn's redesign... I must be the only one who preferred the former version. XD But then again, I always have trouble with change (you must know that by now), so don't mind me. I'm sure I'll warm up to her new design, too. ^^

In conclusion, you've made some really great work!! I'm so happy to come back to Lemmasoft and see those updates. I'm as stoked as ever for this game, and knowing you're still working hard on it makes me very excited. ^O^
Avatar made with Chibi Maker 1.1 by gen8 @ deviantart