Love at the Laundromat [GxB][Romance, Comedy, Drama] DEMO UP

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Roseus Mirabili
Regular

Re: Love at the Laundromat [GxB][Romance, Comedy, Drama]

#406 Post by Roseus Mirabili »

The game is looking pretty good. And as for the whole glasses debate, I will admit that Nicholas looks pretty good with the glasses, but I wouldn't say I want to see him with them on all the time. I don't what it is, but I guess the shape of the glasses that he currently has on don't really do his face justice if you get what I mean ^^;

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#407 Post by Blane Doyle »

I hate not being able to get on for days at a time... look at what I missed! I love everything in this new update. Normally I don't like floating UI for dates and the like, but this one isn't quite as distracting as I normally find. I would definitely play with that in the corner, no problem. The entire UI looks very nice, actually. My only complaint it the text seems a bit small in comparison, but since the screenshots are very downsized this probably isn't particular founded.

Also, I am so on Team Perma-Glasses. I wouldn't mind seeing him with them off from time to time, but they really look nice on him. Or maybe that's just me liking glasses...

SerpentSimple

#408 Post by SerpentSimple »

Will it be to weird if I suggest you try using a bar instead of number for Relationship Meter design?

Maybe it'll make them more polished? I feel like it can give more sense of progress to the player.
Unless you intentionally want to make them feel anxious LOL it works for ones that have thriller/horror/surreal sub-genres.

netravelr
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Culina: Hands in the Kitchen, Culina: The Spirit of Cooking, Saving Zoey
Projects: Love at the Laundromat
Organization: Lakeview Interactive
Deviantart: netravelr

#409 Post by netravelr »

Just to let you know, I programmed the bars in last night for the relationship meters with animations, so yes, you'll have them instead.

Cheers!
Technical Designer/Programmer
Game Design Portfolio - Project updates on my Twitter
Experienced in: C/C++/C#, Python, Unreal, Unity, and Flash

SerpentSimple

#410 Post by SerpentSimple »

Woah. Talk about fast!
Awesome. Looking forward to the demo like everyone here =D

MioSegami
Regular
Projects: PATUKA PRIVATE PARADISE
Organization: BlueAngelService

#411 Post by MioSegami »

OH GOD!How much I still look foward to this! And the characters, I am in love with Sol! I love it so far!
CLICK IT------------->viewtopic.php?f=43&t=40639&p=430149#p430149
Projects: PATUKA PRIVATE ISLAND
Story: 15% complete
Script: 0%
Art: 35%
Outline: 15%
Code: 10%

bluemoongiraffe

#412 Post by bluemoongiraffe »

Uwah! *U*

I love all of it! The characters are gorgeous, of course! And the backgrounds are really nice, too, even if you don't have much experience with them. I'm really excited to be able to see all of this come together!

As for the whole hullabaloo about Nicholas's glasses, he should probably wear them fairly often, unless he has only a slight astigmatism, in which case he'd probably only wear them when participating in activities where his eyesight is strained (i.e. if he is nearsighted then he'd need to wear them when watching a movie, or if he's farsighted he'd wear them when operating on someone or reading).

If he has to wear them all the time, then perhaps you could put in a scene where he or Lynette removes his glasses? Maybe make a comedy scene out of it? Or have Lynette become flustered at his "unaltered" good looks? I don't know about everyone else, but, to me, glasses can have a huge impact on the look of one's face.

Anyway, the entire Moustachio team is doing an incredible job! I can't wait to see more! :3

netravelr
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Culina: Hands in the Kitchen, Culina: The Spirit of Cooking, Saving Zoey
Organization: Lakeview Interactive
Deviantart: netravelr

#413 Post by netravelr »

Hey guys, just as an update I've been working on the different shops and store's menu today. It's still proof of concept(https://vine.co/v/hKQI7jPqIKH), but we're continuing to work on LatL all the time and it's coming along nicely. Cheers!
Technical Designer/Programmer
Game Design Portfolio - Project updates on my Twitter
Experienced in: C/C++/C#, Python, Unreal, Unity, and Flash

shwippie
Regular
Completed: Double Romance
Projects: Rolland's Candy Shop. Mitzi's Fable
Tumblr: shwippie
Deviantart: shwippie

#414 Post by shwippie »

It looks simply amazing... Everything has been so well considered. I love the action animations! I could stare at them all day.
Image Image Image

ehcs
Regular
Organization: Moustachio Studios

#415 Post by ehcs »

So I haven't been updating here much, sorry about that. I'll try to be more disciplined with postings. It's much easier to just update on tumblr, though I have been MIA until yesterday. D:

ImageImageImage

As for updates, here's a couple of screenshots I posted on tumblr the other day.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

It's taking much longer than I had anticipated by the game is slowly getting there. I may have some bad news in regards to pricing but I don't want to announce anything until I'm absolutely certain there's no way around it. :/ Let me just apologize in advance for it if ever it comes around to what I'm trying to avoid.

Other than that, to those who are interested in knowing how far along the game is in terms of writing - it's about 43k words long so far. There are still at least 7 major scenes still unwritten but I'm working on it. :')

I'll try to update more often. Thank you so much to everyone still following the game's progress. :'D

@DestinyFailsUs
Still, after that really touching post you made, making a game you'd like is the least I could do. xD

@Ayame
Last Summer. Ahuhuhu. I should hurry up with this game, hahaha. Thank you! *A*

@Laurelsing
Thank you for the reassurance. :') It was just a real blunder on my part. I should have at least read what I was posting before I posted it. >_<

@selenity136
Thank you very much! Sorry for the style change. D: A lot of time had passed since I started so I couldn't imitate the same style anymore for the rest of the missing characters. Decided to just redraw everyone. xD As for Joyce/Nurse, yup. Her chest was a bit big when I looked at it again so I shrunk them a bit. I hope that isn't too bad. D:

@EchoLove
Right now I decided to go with him being only semi-glassed. When he's not working, the glasses come off. xD

@FatUnicornGames
Lol. xD (I still owe you art! Your character isn't planned to make an appearance till Summer though. >: )

@Anomandaris
D'aww, thank you. *v*

@Roseus Mirabili
To appease everyone, I just made it so that he takes off his glasses when he's not working. His eye sight isn't that terrible anyway. xD

@Blane Doyle
The screenshots have been shrunk to adhere to the size limitations of the forum. In game, they're about 20px so it should be pretty readable to most people. >: Don't worry about the floating UI, I get what you mean. :') It's only there when there are no important scenes occurring. The moment you trigger a scene, all the floating UI disappear, leaving just the quicktime menu, textbox, and character sprites on screen. :'D

@SerpentSimple
No, I do not want the players to feel anxious. D: Thank you so much for the suggestion. Is this better? :'D

MioSegami
If you do go after Sol, I really hope you don't hate him for what he does. D:

bluemoongiraffe
That is actually a really good suggestion, hahaha. That just played out in my head and I'm already laughing. I went with Nicholas only wearing his glasses for work though. I'll try to find a way to insert something like that in game though - it's too cute not to. xD

kosetsu
Aw, thank you very much! I'm happy to say that I'm finally done drawing all the action animations. xD

ehcs
Regular

#416 Post by ehcs »

Finally finished with all the action animations! :'D
Here's the whole lot of them:

29 Action Animations
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I'm tempted to make one more for an even 30. :')
Last edited by ehcs on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

compositionc

#417 Post by compositionc »

I love the art, super pretty! And the name is what really drew me in. I'd love to play once it was completed~

ehcs
Regular

#418 Post by ehcs »

@compositionc
Thank you very much! *A*

------------------------

Today's Update:
The complete list of purchasable items (so far):

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

These items either unlock extra actions or scenes.

Arcanum
Veteran

#419 Post by Arcanum »

I'm utterly in love with the interface of this game. It's so clean and pure uAu I don't know how exactly to express what I feel when I look at it. It's pixel perfect and flawless, specially the little gifs/icons! Are you the one doing the graphics? Because dayum.

(also, LOL at the Bondage trilogy, wonder what kind of action/scene it unlocks?!)

Mellanthe
Regular

#420 Post by Mellanthe »

The GUI and the background and the art all looks absolutely amazing~~~~ <3 <3
I can't wait to see more!!

Though, I don't know if it's just me, but Nicholas' sprite looks a bit off. I think it might be because his head seems a bit small in proportion to his body/arms. I'm not exactly sure :/