Love at the Laundromat [GxB][Romance, Comedy, Drama] DEMO UP

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
DestinyFailsUs
Regular
Completed: Destiny Fails Us: A New Life, Make It Last
Projects: Destiny Fails Us: A New Life, Make It Last
Organization: Strawberry Dagger Studio
Tumblr: DestinyFailsUs
Deviantart: DestinyFailsUs
itch: Sbds

Re: Love at the Laundromat [GxB][Romance, Comedy, Drama]

#436 Post by DestinyFailsUs »

I absolutely loved what I've played in the demo so far! I was so excited.

I did come across some errors though, so I figured I'd let you know about them...
On Spring 21, I tried to go to the laundromat, but an error message appeared stating "rosalineFinished" was undefined. In the hobby shop, I had bought the sketchbook a few days earlier, then when I bought the telephone the icons for the cutting board and the book messed up (I'm currently hovering over the second icon, which was supposed to be the book). When I talked to Nicholas, I believe this was after I bought the sketchbook but before I bought anything else, this happened. I also caught a mistake in Eli's fail dialog. I hope I helped at least a little bit by find these ^^;

Overall, I really really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to the finished game! :D

distorsion
Regular
Projects: Proofreader for: Alice Hunt, Dragon Souls, Dragon's Blood, NACIRA, Saundersi: Level7

Re: Love at the Laundromat [GxB][Romance, Comedy, Drama]

#437 Post by distorsion »

Um, do you think you could put the link for the download on the first page? I'm having trouble finding it...
Thank you for all your kindness!
Will proofread (grammar/typos) for hugs!

Aurélie
Regular
Organization: Lyonesse

Re: Love at the Laundromat [GxB][Romance, Comedy, Drama] DEM

#438 Post by Aurélie »

Focusing on helping you out with glitches and mistakes here, because I'm not A-OK with reviewing the plot or the romances until the final product! (Also because my beloved Soleil isn't available yet, ahahaha ~ )
  • There's a grammar mistake when Miles takes Sol's laundry order; Miles says "you can trust her with you order." It should be "your order".
  • When I talk to Joan, an error message in red comes up at the top of the screen saying something about not being able to find the value "joan". I can take a screenshot if needed. I'm still able to talk to her without a problem, though.
  • I talked to the nurse whose name I've totally forgotten, and Lynnette failed to understand her lady tips. I got another error message in red text up the top saying that the nurse's value couldn't understand the parameter "lose". I can also screenshot this if needed, I'm just going off memory here.
  • When I chose to watch marionette theatre, the frisbee animation played.
Nitpicky things:
  • I don't know where this is based or where Lynnette studied, but when she says calling her boss by his first name is weird like "calling a professor by their first name", that was a bit jarring? My friend who is currently attending university in the USA is always asked to call her professors by their first names, or even nicknames.
  • Referencing Sol's lion belt is funny, but you can't actually see his belt unless you hit "H" to hide the GUI. I hope there's a Spring CG or something that shows off his belt?
Everything about the game looks beaut so far and I can't wait to play the full game!

ehcs
Regular
Projects: Love at the Laundromat
Organization: Moustachio Studios

#439 Post by ehcs »

Thank you so much for reporting bugs and glitches!
They're a really big help to us and it means a lot that you'd take your time to post them. :')

---------------------------------

@DestinyFailsUs
I'm so glad you like it so far!
You're one of the people on the top of my list for "Who I hope is happy with the demo", haha.

Oops, that error is my fault! Net and I coded a scene in at the same time without the other knowing. I thought I had deleted all my edits though, I guess I left an important one in.
netravelr hates the new inventory, hahaha. I kept making him change it so I can see why it can be a buggy. The codes must be a mess after all the remakes I made him do. ;_; Thanks for pointing it out! I'm going to have to bug netravelr to work on it again. I hope he doesn't hate me after that, haha. xD

Thanks for going through the trouble of screenshotting everything - it really helps! :')

@distorsion
Oops, I really should have just done that from the start. It's up there now! :')

@Aurélie
Thank you very much! I wouldn't mind hearing people's opinion on the writing and story so far though. I have to be honest, it's my first time writing something like this and I'm more than worried people will take it.

Will fix that dialogue mistake asap, thanks for pointing that out!
No need to screenshot Joan, I'm pretty sure I know what I did wrong there. Will have it fixed once netravelr get back. :')
Joyce, hahaha. Yeah, we'll fix that too. I think the error might be with all the extras, actually. Like little glitches and stuff with each. We'll look into it soon. :')
Okay, the frisbee animation should definitely not be whats playing when you watch marionette theatre, hahaha. Will fix that too. xD

I'm sorry about that. D: I wasn't aware that people in the US were very lax with formalities. Where I'm from - or at least, in my school - it's rude to not include an honorific to a teacher's name. It's fine to call them by their first name, as long as it's preceded by a Sir or Miss. I can change what they say in that scene though if it's too off. D:

There will be intro CGs in the final version. I plan to have Sol's belt be seen in the CG. xD

MomoiroGirl
Veteran
Deviantart: MomoiroGirl
Location: Somewheeere over the rainbow~ ... Well, Denmark at least

#440 Post by MomoiroGirl »

I'm writing this as I'm playing, and I'm just pointing out what I happen to have noticed along the way :P

- When Lynette goes back for her own laundry, she says "If fates in on my side - and it had better be - Miles won't have noticed me gone" The first part of the sentence should be corrected to "If fate is on my side" if it is to correspond to the rest of the sentence.
- When Lynette complains about Eli forsaking her she says they've only known each other for a few minutes, although they've known each other for a whole day (but they did only SPEAK for a few minutes :P)
- When she says "You don't leave women to the sharks - or peacocks for this matter" (this is VERY nitpicky, but I think that the correct expression would be " - or peacocks in this case". I'm not sure if the other expression is situation specifically correct >_>
- There's a coding faulty when you get a negative result trying to speak with Eli, the text says: "Sometimes I {i}may{/i} take a playful banter a bit too seriously."
- As the 3rd week began, EVERY business day Lynette started saying something like "This is getting dull, I think I'll stay out late today", and I was unable to choose "Apartment" when I clicked on the map, and if I left the Apartment-area on a weekend, I wouldn't be able to click on the apartment there either. Also, not sure exactly how long the demo is supposed to be, but since you said Eli was the only available route in the demo, I kept raising my relationship with him, and when I ALMOST filled up his bar, it stopped filling out the bar, even if I got a positive repsonse from talking with him on weekends (which I got when I reached Spring day60 or something like that. I decided to keept playing, just to see if something would happen, but now I've reached day 92, and nothing changed at all, so I stopped playing for now >_>

Nevertheless, it's very enjoyable and I like the characters and the writing has a nice pace! :D I'm excited to see the finished product! ^o^
(Sry if something I wrote doesn't make sense or has already been pointed out, especially since what I've written is mostly just nitpicking :P)

netravelr
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Culina: Hands in the Kitchen, Culina: The Spirit of Cooking, Saving Zoey
Projects: Love at the Laundromat
Organization: Lakeview Interactive
Deviantart: netravelr

#441 Post by netravelr »

My Dropbox has disabled my account due to too much downloading of the title. I've put the game up on my own server now, so we shouldn't have this problem again. The new links are here:
Windows: http://bit.ly/1ewNYaj
Mac: http://bit.ly/16mxTe9
Linux: http://bit.ly/15dXw1q

I've tried to fix as many errors as I could. Do note, the game will not actually end in this demo, it's just after you finish Eli's scenes there will be nothing else to actually see in the game as far as I know. I may bring in a day limit so that way people aren't playing for too long expecting for new things to happen, maybe day 20?

The inventory should work fine now. Thanks so much for the feedback, and we're working hard to make sure that LatL is the best it can be!
Technical Designer/Programmer
Game Design Portfolio - Project updates on my Twitter
Experienced in: C/C++/C#, Python, Unreal, Unity, and Flash

Ventura

#442 Post by Ventura »

Just played the demo and I love it. I'm impressed by the artwork and the characters are really nice. Lynnette especially had me cracking up so much. I love her personality! xD I had mixed feelings on the amount of stat-raising options but I've settled on positive. I do like that you can do so many different things at different times in the day but It felt kind of overwhelming at first (yes i know it's a bit contradicting but it's like choosing what kind of ice-cream flavor you want to start with out of 25, you don't know where to begin). :)

One bug I experienced: when I choose to work part-time at the apartment the amount of cash I had didn't change when the action succeded. I don't think this is a bug but asking just in case. When you chose to talk to Mrs. Fletcher it is meants just to say that you talked and not show the "fail/succed" animation, right?

Anyway keep up the awesome work and I'm looking forward to when the full game release. :)

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#443 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Oh man, time to get my prescription updated. My glasses must be going bad if I missed this haha! Will download as soon as I can and play ^^
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

RunicV
Veteran
IRC Nick: RunicV

#444 Post by RunicV »

I just gave this a play, and I have to say, it really has potential, but right now it's pretty boring.

I loved the beginning scene and the way you introduced all the characters, I thought they were really fresh and fun. Your artwork and the animations really helped. There were a few bugs in coding and a few mistakes and errors in the writing, but nothing very noticeable. It was a really fun read, and I liked how the choices you gave were pretty interesting.

The only thing I can't stand is how boring the stat-raising aspect is. I kept hammering and raising up my stats, but nothing's happening. I expected to get cutscenes and stuff when I talked to the guy enough, but the pop-up kept appearing. After a while I just continued at my stats, and nothing happened. It got too boring, so I stopped playing.

I'm not sure if that's a glitch, but if you're going to include stat-raisers, it's a good reason to include the reason why you have to raise it. If not, it's kind of meaningless and boring to the player, and it's just hammering at the mouse.

That being said, everything else about your game is lovely. I just hope you can fix the stat-raising part. Is this a beta, or a proper demo?

<3
Hatred: the absence of love.
Please, treat me with kindness.

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

#445 Post by ririruetoo »

I enjoyed the game so far, although I did find the stat-raising aspect a little repetitive and boring after a while. Also, I've lived in the USA all my life, and I'm a college student and I have to say that its very very weird for me to call my teachers by their first name ( they say that you can, but I never do and most people I know don't) so while it depends on the person some people are formal in that way.
ImageImageImage

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#446 Post by try10 »

I downloaded the demo and played and everything looks nice except for the fact that I have to save my game every time I try to do my job or raise my stats so I won't fail. It gets pretty boring after a while. Anyway, I'm looking forward for it's full release. Good luck!

Aurélie
Regular
Organization: Lyonesse

#447 Post by Aurélie »

A question about the stat-raising: is there a certain skill for each guy and then if you raise it high enough you get a special ending for them? I'd assume "Creativity" would be Eli's..

Jason
Regular
Completed: Sierra Ops Episode 1 and 2, Rising Angels: Reborn (Some CGs)
Projects: Sierra Ops, Muv-Luv Kickstarter
Organization: Innomen Team

#448 Post by Jason »

I absolutely love the system, the art style and subtle animations you have. The dialog's a bit quirky and I expect to see more from the full game!

It's boring indeed for now but it did its job well as a preview, and it's a lot better than others because it is free.
Not some other game that charges money for something that's almost as short as this if you know what I mean ^^; .
Innomen Team Presents: Sierra Ops

We're a very small team of developers from all over the world, with most of the founding members in Philippines.

distorsion
Regular
Projects: Proofreader for: Alice Hunt, Dragon Souls, Dragon's Blood, NACIRA, Saundersi: Level7

#449 Post by distorsion »

The mac download link leads to a 404 page...
Thank you for all your kindness!
Will proofread (grammar/typos) for hugs!

Kikaharu
Regular

#450 Post by Kikaharu »

the window download link doesnt work