Love at the Laundromat [GxB][Romance, Comedy, Drama] DEMO UP

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Nische
Regular
Projects: Love at the Laundromat
Organization: Moustachio Studios

Re: Love at the Laundromat [GxB][Romance, Comedy][Commercial

#46 Post by Nische »

Progress so far:

Writing:
Main Story Scenes - 12%
Eli's Scenes - 100%
Nicholas' Scenes - 100%
Sol's Scenes - 50%
Miles' Scenes - 5%
Flashback Scenes - 100%
Jealousy Scenes - 0%
Miscellaneous Scenes - 0%
ImageImageImageImage

Onionchan

#47 Post by Onionchan »

Oh wow, this looks like a very promising work in progress! Do you have an approximate release date yet in mind, since I'm looking forward to trying this one out?

I really like the concept of the seasons being similar to Harvest Moon, since not only does it make things a lot more challenging (as you have to view particular events in a season) but it doesn't drag out the game either. For stat-raising games, ones that are too long or tedious can bore the players and it really doesn't encourage replayability. Out of all the bachelors, I do have to say I'm part of the band wagon when I say Nicholas attracted me first haha. I just feel like he's the most intriguing of the cast, and has the "tsundere" look about him. I've noticed in most games, otome fans tend to go for this "character personality" the most, since there's just something unusually attractive about a cold guy warming up to you, I suppose?

I do have to comment (as many others have) that while Eli is super adorable, he doesn't feel "date-able" to me. He gives more of the "little brother" kind of vibe because of his cute and youthful looks. i think maybe adjusting his facial features just a little might help, such as a more masculine jawline, or changing the bridge of his nose. I like the overall concept of him (since he's so different to the other characters), and I don't think you should change him too much.

I like the logo thus far, since it's very pretty and suits the overall tone of the game very well. As for the main menu, then I did like the second concept much better, but as for the colour scheme I really can't decide. The pink seems a lot more romantic and girly, but the blue provides a nice contrast to the bottom bars beneath. The art of the game is very crisp, defined and eye catching and it really follows along with the typical "otome theme" of things.

It was what drew me in at first glance, so I definitely commend that. I also like the idea of Soli changing his hairstyle every season, and I'm curious to see what he looks like with short hair (most likely more handsome *___*)

Overall, I look forward to seeing the progress on this game! ^_^

Nische
Regular

#48 Post by Nische »

Haven't update in the longest time but I swear I'm working on it.
Here are the skill animations:

Cooking:

Charm

Charisma

Creativity

ImageImageImageImage

FatUnicornGames
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Club Shuffle

#49 Post by FatUnicornGames »

Really cute! I am not sure how some of them read though. Why are there a TV and Book for Charm and and a letter and phone for charisma?
Developer Blog for Club Shuffle - Follow and Share?
-Also! You can call me Crystal if you want.-

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#50 Post by sake-bento »

First thing I thought when I saw the title was Dr. Horrible's "Freeze Ray" song. >.>

I love the animations for the different stats.

Nische
Regular

#51 Post by Nische »

FatUnicornGames wrote:Really cute! I am not sure how some of them read though. Why are there a TV and Book for Charm and and a letter and phone for charisma?
Thanks!

Charm is a skill that reflects the characters romantic prowess/knowledge so watching/reading romantic videos and books increase it.

Charisma is more like people skills and friendliness so writing/texting/calling and basically interacting with people improves this stat.
ImageImageImageImage

Nische
Regular

#52 Post by Nische »

sake-bento wrote:First thing I thought when I saw the title was Dr. Horrible's "Freeze Ray" song. >.>

I love the animations for the different stats.

HAHAHA!
Honestly, that's one of the pegs for the project. I absolutely love doctor horrible and that's one of my favorite songs from the show. xD

Thanks!
ImageImageImageImage

Nische
Regular

#53 Post by Nische »

Changed Lynnette's clothing and hair a bit. Here are her new seasonal outfits:
ImageImageImageImage

I am now in the middle of editing Eli. Hopefully I can make him look more like a man without destroying his boyish charm...
ImageImageImageImage

Nische
Regular

#54 Post by Nische »

Onionchan wrote:Oh wow, this looks like a very promising work in progress! Do you have an approximate release date yet in mind, since I'm looking forward to trying this one out?
Will definitely have a demo out by September. This is also my 'thesis' project for college so I have a deadline to meet. ;_;
Onionchan wrote:I really like the concept of the seasons being similar to Harvest Moon, since not only does it make things a lot more challenging (as you have to view particular events in a season) but it doesn't drag out the game either. For stat-raising games, ones that are too long or tedious can bore the players and it really doesn't encourage replayability. Out of all the bachelors, I do have to say I'm part of the band wagon when I say Nicholas attracted me first haha. I just feel like he's the most intriguing of the cast, and has the "tsundere" look about him. I've noticed in most games, otome fans tend to go for this "character personality" the most, since there's just something unusually attractive about a cold guy warming up to you, I suppose?
Hahahaha. Yes, he is a tsundere. xD
I originally liked his the most too, but once I started writing down the story I have to say that I'm for Eli now hahaha. For biased reasons. >.>

Onionchan wrote:I do have to comment (as many others have) that while Eli is super adorable, he doesn't feel "date-able" to me. He gives more of the "little brother" kind of vibe because of his cute and youthful looks. i think maybe adjusting his facial features just a little might help, such as a more masculine jawline, or changing the bridge of his nose. I like the overall concept of him (since he's so different to the other characters), and I don't think you should change him too much.
I'm tweaking him now. Hopefully he'll look more datable after his makeover and plastic surgery. *A*

Onionchan wrote:I like the logo thus far, since it's very pretty and suits the overall tone of the game very well. As for the main menu, then I did like the second concept much better, but as for the colour scheme I really can't decide. The pink seems a lot more romantic and girly, but the blue provides a nice contrast to the bottom bars beneath. The art of the game is very crisp, defined and eye catching and it really follows along with the typical "otome theme" of things.
It's officially the final logo :'D
The main menu will definitely be changed though. It doesn't fit the rest of the UI, which I will post in a bit, but thanks for the input!
Onionchan wrote:It was what drew me in at first glance, so I definitely commend that. I also like the idea of Soli changing his hairstyle every season, and I'm curious to see what he looks like with short hair (most likely more handsome *___*)
Afufufu!
I'm in love with games whose characters actually change appearance so I'm making them ALL have different hairstyles and clothing (depending on season)!
Onionchan wrote:Overall, I look forward to seeing the progress on this game! ^_^
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means a lot to hear from other people even if it's just a one liner or not. It makes me more motivated to think that people actually see this thread. :'D
ImageImageImageImage

Nische
Regular

#55 Post by Nische »

User Interface Designs:

Time Stamps:

Dialogue:

Choices:

Settings:

Save:

Load:

Quit:

Skill Loading:
ImageImageImageImage

ngareci
Regular
Completed: Grinning Heart: the meeting & the voyage, Nacira

#56 Post by ngareci »

Waw, interesting otome game! And nice artwork there!! XD
Completed Project
Image Image Image
===========================
Deviantart

Arcanum
Veteran

#57 Post by Arcanum »

Everything looks SO beautiful aksdgfkaudyfa I loved the interface, the design is so clean and stylish. The icons for the time of the day look also great!!

Nische
Regular

#58 Post by Nische »

Arcanum wrote:
ngareci wrote:
Thank you very much!! :'D
ImageImageImageImage

MomoiroGirl
Veteran
Deviantart: MomoiroGirl
Location: Somewheeere over the rainbow~ ... Well, Denmark at least

#59 Post by MomoiroGirl »

I am, LITERALLY, dying to play this game TT___________TT I am so fricking excited for this to be ready! I will definitely buy it!!! 8D I love the concept, I love the tons of CGs promised, and I adore the art! I don't particularly mind Eli's design, i just think he's cute, but I definitely won't defy him becoming more manly XD If I were to point ANYTHNG out at all, it would be that *ahem* I somehow feel that Miles' and Soleil's crotches look wierd, as if they're wearing tight pants, yet they have no dong... .___. This is nitpicking of course, and it's most definitely something that woudn't bother once you're playing the game, but when I look at it right now,somehow it just doesn't fit :/

Aside from that, I am loving this >u> Especially Lynn's new design!!! She looks really awesome now! :D Can't wait for more updates <3 :D

Nische
Regular

#60 Post by Nische »

MomoiroGirl wrote:I am, LITERALLY, dying to play this game TT___________TT I am so fricking excited for this to be ready! I will definitely buy it!!! 8D I love the concept, I love the tons of CGs promised, and I adore the art! I don't particularly mind Eli's design, i just think he's cute, but I definitely won't defy him becoming more manly XD If I were to point ANYTHNG out at all, it would be that *ahem* I somehow feel that Miles' and Soleil's crotches look wierd, as if they're wearing tight pants, yet they have no dong... .___. This is nitpicking of course, and it's most definitely something that woudn't bother once you're playing the game, but when I look at it right now,somehow it just doesn't fit :/

Aside from that, I am loving this >u> Especially Lynn's new design!!! She looks really awesome now! :D Can't wait for more updates <3 :D

Thank you very much! :'D

Hahahaha, I will definitely fix Miles' and Soliel's crotch problem. xD
I had a feeling something was wrong somewhere but no one else seemed to comment about it. I'm so glad you did *A*
I can never single out what looks wrong, hahahaha.

They're all going through some editing actually so I'm hoping to get all the finalized sprites up by the end of the week. *A*
ImageImageImageImage