Crimson Rafflesia [Psych|Thriller|GxB/BxG] Demo - 26 Sep

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

Re: Crimson Rafflesia [Psych|Thriller|GxB] - Demo 1.0 Incomi

#151 Post by Coren »

Some more screenshots while I'm playtesting - it's taking more than two hours for some reason.

*Please ignore the last one. After I've restricted the number of letters you can possibly input this is no longer possible to do*

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: ALLBLACK Phase 1, Heart's Blight, Last Rx., EDDA Cafe, Kohana, Half Moon
Projects: ALLBLACK Phase 2
Organization: VN Project Indonesia
Deviantart: SECONDARY-TARGET
itch: NSAID
Discord: 3,4-Methylendioxymethamphetamine#4886

#152 Post by tiya_nofurita »

So far so good, I like it :D
Question : why would you put "quick menu" on the right-top? Sometimes it'll blend with the BG (depends on the color, though), making it hard to see/recognize.
Webtoon

"For what reason I live?"

---
Completed project:

"What will you see when you are dead?"

MY VISUAL NOVEL

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo

#153 Post by Coren »

It's only unclear in the screenshots because they're in .jpg format and pixelates everything. :) The quick menu is very crisp in the game, so I'm sure you shouldn't have a problem clicking on it.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#154 Post by Coren »

One last screenshot while I upload the demo:
-- clipped; see below --

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#155 Post by Coren »

Aaaandd it's up! Please tell me what you think, and thank you!
DOWNLOAD HERE

Features:
- Original Theme Song by Ziassan
- 22 CGs (Scene Artwork) excluding variations (with variations would be 60+)
- People not monologuing as much
- 50,000+ words (as compared to Demo 0.5's 8,000 words)
- It took 3 hours for me to playtest it and I didn't stop to fix bugs or anything, so it's probably that long.
- A little preview at the end
- All characters introduced, including super minor ones.
- You actually know what is going on!
- I'm sorry. The joke room doesn't exist after all, sadly, because it just won't fit.

A Little Note:
When you finish playing the game, I'd really appreciate if you could answer a few simple questions so I can make sure to shift the full game into the right direction. :) Thanks!
1. What do you think of the game so far?
2. Who are generally your favourite characters, and why?
3. What are some questions you want answered the most in the full game?
4. What do you predict are answers to these questions?
5. Which characters do you find the most curious or interesting? (Can overlap with #1)
6. What do you generally think of the story so far?
7. What particular scene(s) did you like in the demo?
8. ... Pairings/Ships, do you have any?
9. TAKE A RANDOM SCREENSHOT! :)

Yay thanks!

Ezaki

Re: Crimson Rafflesia [Psych|Thriller|GxB] FULL DEMO 1.0 UP

#156 Post by Ezaki »

Downloading it right now! :D I'll be back answering your questions soon! Yay~! ^^

pickle131
Veteran
Tumblr: pickle131

#157 Post by pickle131 »

I will play this as soon as I get back from marching band!!
Sayuri [ freelance actress / singer / fangirl & stuff]

Minari Cipher
Regular
Projects: Seasons of Love, The Dare to Gamble, Halloween Otome (Beta Tester)

#158 Post by Minari Cipher »

Yay~! the 2nd demo is out downloading it now I'll answer the questions later. X3
Seasons of Love (Little Helpers)
The Dare to Gamble (Writer)

Ezaki

#159 Post by Ezaki »

Kirroha wrote: When you finish playing the game, I'd really appreciate if you could answer a few simple questions so I can make sure to shift the full game into the right direction. :) Thanks!
5. Which characters do you find the most curious or interesting? (Can overlap with #1)
9. TAKE A RANDOM SCREENSHOT! :)

Yay thanks!
1. The game is sooooo mysterious.. The killing thing kinda made my heart pound but I liked it :lol: .
2. Sho, I like crazy killing yandere-ey girls.(Although she was kinda cute, actually.)
3. a)Why is Sho like 'that'? b)Which side is actually the evil side? c)Does Kaison REALLY wants to kill Sho? d)What are Layner's connections with Chloe? e)Larsen and Chunqian, are they related to the story? f)Does Shirley have any pyrokinesis-thing?
4. a)Probably she killed someone, accidently. b)Whilshire, maybe. c)No, I hope. d)Layner is probably somekind of spy or maybe they are relatives or friends. d)Yes. f)Yes, she can create things from her mind. But that's kinda illogical. Sorry :(
5. Chloe, I want to know more about her. She can make people decay like Sho and yet she doesn't go around killing and laughing like a madman. Someone normal, for now.
6. At first, I only thought that this game would only revolve around Sho and Kaison. I was truly wrong. It was more complicated than that. It made me happier that it wasn't a typical I-wanted-revenge-but-you-were-actually-innocent-and-I'm-protecting-you-from-your-other-enemies type. Sorry if you can't understand that. It's really nice imagining the drilling part(That part was actually scary). I wonder who will win the "war".
7. The part when I chose Sho to kill Vincent. It was hilarious when she told Erik that. It was an accident she said. She "accidently" kills Vincent on purpose~ :lol:
8. ShoXKaison. Red and blue, they HAVE to be together XD. ShoXLayner. They're so cute especially when Layner compliments Sho a genius. >w<
9. Here it is.
Attachments
One of my favourite cgs~ :D
One of my favourite cgs~ :D

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#160 Post by azureXtwilight »

When you finish playing the game, I'd really appreciate if you could answer a few simple questions so I can make sure to shift the full game into the right direction. :) Thanks!
9. TAKE A RANDOM SCREENSHOT!
1. As expected from you, QB. XD I expect no less.
2. For some reason I have this strange attachment to the little girl who keeps appearing in kaison's dream XD I don't know why, but I like her. And Aurelia, she sounds badass. That is all. ALso Layner and Henry the comic reliefs. Breakdance yo. :p
3. Many many things, mostly involving everyone's past. What happened to Chloe, the truth behind Mikaela's death, Shirley, and so many others.
4. Knowing you, not going that road. XD
5. Chloe, I wonder what kind of games she is playing with Sho. Speaking of Sho, her too, She seems to be keeping so many secrets on her own. Also, I wonder why sho, if I choose, doesn't kill vincent XD AND OF COURSE THAT LITTLE GIRL.
6. I like it! There are so many possibilities possible, and everyone seems to be interesting, which is nice! I don't like how the other characters are there so the main characters can progress, and you don't do that. Bravo!
7. Every time the little girl pops out? And the scenes with layner and Lars XD
8. Kaison and the little girl whom I suspect to be Shirley from his past XD Childhood romance sucker, much. I guess I am the only one who thinks Sho isn't shippable with anyone, but if she has to it's probably with Layner? Did I sense HenryXChloe hint? Yes? No? Too late, I'm already shipping them.

RICHMOND REFFELS. YES I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE. I also like Lars' theme song XD And bro, if you need me to help for another coding fiesta, I'm on it XD
Attachments
ScreenShot058.jpg

BeccaBear

#161 Post by BeccaBear »

Alright, so, I'm waiting to play the full demo until I can do so with my friend who really loves stuff like this. I was just wondering, though... Will I be added to the credits? XD;;

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#162 Post by Coren »

@ Ezaki: Thanks for the quick reply! :) Why do you suspect Shirley has pyrokinesis, by the way? I don't think I ever hinted anything like that in the demo, heh.

@ Clara: OMG YES

@ Becca: Yes, you already are! :) On the official site. Thanks for all your help!

Ezaki

#163 Post by Ezaki »

Kirroha wrote:@ Ezaki: Thanks for the quick reply! :) Why do you suspect Shirley has pyrokinesis, by the way? I don't think I ever hinted anything like that in the demo, heh.
There was a part when little Shirley and little Kaison were talking. She said it wasn't his fault. She killed Terry with her mind or something like that. :D . So, does she have it? XD

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#164 Post by Coren »

Ezaki wrote:
Kirroha wrote:@ Ezaki: Thanks for the quick reply! :) Why do you suspect Shirley has pyrokinesis, by the way? I don't think I ever hinted anything like that in the demo, heh.
There was a part when little Shirley and little Kaison were talking. She said it wasn't his fault. She killed Terry with her mind or something like that. :D . So, does she have it? XD
Oh, what she meant was that she was just trying to whatever extent she could to rid Kaison of his own self-blame by telling him that she wanted to kill him first, and it's the intention that counts, so he should just think that she was the one who killed him. Flimsy logic, I know, but that child was just trying to do whatever she could at that point.

pickle131
Veteran
Tumblr: pickle131

#165 Post by pickle131 »

9. TAKE A RANDOM SCREENSHOT!
1. I really enjoyed it!! Usually, as much as I love visual novels, I can't sit very long and play (have to take breaks and do other stuff then come back to them) or I tend to lose interest a bit. I was able to play through this entire demo in one sitting since I just couldn't stop reading it! (Considering it's now past midnight and I need to wake up super early, that says a lot XD)

2. Sho, because of her really strong personality and attitude. Makes her a really interesting and well thought out character. I also really like Layner however, especially the silly conversations between him and Lars. (Which I have a feeling won't always be silly and happy-go-lucky.)

3. More fun interesting life facts about Layner! XD (His fault, he offered.) How did Mikaela's siblings die/was it also related to Sho? What kind of person was Kaison's brother? How/why is Priestess Prettyface part of the liberation? (aka what's her backstory haha) Some more about Sho's past would be cool too~

4. I don't even know XD

5. Most curious would be Larson and Chunqian. I have a feeling they're both really important but don't know enough about them to know why. Also Vincent, since he was introduced but only made a brief appearance. Pretty curious about Flora too, and if/how she might have corrupted Sho.

6. Although it's really complex, I love how the story is different from so many recent visual novels. The plot is well thought out, and I'm really enjoying the writing. The characters all have a very strong presence as well, which is one of the things I value highest in stories.

7. I'm a bit biased due to being all "EEEEEEEOMGIT'SME!!!!" so I will refrain from answering this question 8D;

8. Henry and Chloe!! <3 I don't know why, just seems so cute to me. Though I also really ship Kaison and Sho haha. I shipped Sho and "Master" for like twenty seconds in one of the first scenes XD I also end up just kind of shipping Layner with...everyone he talks to? xD; (He has that personality where I can't help it.)

9. ATTACHING~! Tried to get one that was spoiler-free so people don't accidentally see anything.
Attachments
crimsonrafflesiascreenshot.PNG
Sayuri [ freelance actress / singer / fangirl & stuff]