Crimson Rafflesia [Psych|Thriller|GxB/BxG] Demo - 26 Sep

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
lemonscent
Regular
Projects: Remembrance:)

Re: Crimson Rafflesia [Psych|Thriller|GxB/BxG] FULL DEMO 1.0

#211 Post by lemonscent »

Replayed the demo.

OMG LOL. WHAT IS THIS. When the screen went black for, like, forever, I totally thought the demo was over. Didn't know there was a preview orz. The preview totally changed my view on some things OTL.
★Remembrance - a WIP
소중했던 내 사람아 이젠 안녕❣ (안녕 안녕 이젠 안녕)

megatuga
Regular
Projects: 6 days (name subject to change)

#212 Post by megatuga »

^ Same here. Caught me by surprise. For a second I thought that the game was breaking the 4th wall and referring to me, then I saw the various preview scenes.

Anyway, That is a whole lot of stuff for the demo, I hope that in the full version that this demo will contain 10% of the whole thing... I'm betting. Because everybody likes a drama that drags on and on right?

I won't do any theories or anything though. I should replay a couple more times before that... and see if I can have Sho to behave nicely this time instead of being a girl full of sarcasm (which, thinking about it, it fits her).

Oh yeah. I know that I didn't mention it but the song is lovely... I have a hard time understanding the lyrics but then again English is not my native language, so I hope it's because of that XD

Going to mark December on the calendar, for sure.

Minari Cipher
Regular
Projects: Seasons of Love, The Dare to Gamble, Halloween Otome (Beta Tester)

#213 Post by Minari Cipher »

lemonscent wrote:Lol oh right.
@D'angel: actually I'm like 100% sure Chloe was adopted lol. Because I /think/ it was mentioned that she used to live in an orphanage and stuff.
:lol: I guess I missed it too. X3
Kirroha wrote:Interesting theories! :P By the way, just food for thought: Just because Heath said so doesn't make it real. But yes I won't reveal any more... I think. XD
Really? hmmm... could it be that one of my theory is right? Yes, No, Maybe and thanks for giving me an idea for my new theory X3. I can't wait for the full game. :P
Seasons of Love (Little Helpers)
The Dare to Gamble (Writer)

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#214 Post by Coren »

Hmm, maybe Layner is just being a jerk, who knows? :P
make Sho a nice girl, instead of full of sarcasm
I suggest you don't try. :P It's not possible. Besides, I won't allow menu choices that would derail a character's personality to such extremes.
Last edited by Coren on Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sayashiro
Regular
Projects: Freak-Quency, Cafe Memoria, Amplitude, Spring Breeze, Escape from Puzzlegate, Project Aivisu, All the Pretty Flowers

#215 Post by Sayashiro »

This game looks amazing!
/ Sayaka Mashiro / Voice-Over Artist / Casting Director /
l Website l http://sayashiro.wix.com/sayakamashiro l

Giovedi
Regular

#216 Post by Giovedi »

I intend to do a Let's Play of this demo. Out of curiosity, would you prefer a screencap LP or a live read? I thought I'd give the creator some say. :'D

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo

#217 Post by Coren »

Giovedi wrote:I intend to do a Let's Play of this demo. Out of curiosity, would you prefer a screencap LP or a live read? I thought I'd give the creator some say. :'D
Hey, thanks! :) I have no preference, so just go ahead which whatever works for you!

Ezaki

#218 Post by Ezaki »

Layner is a girl?!
You got to be kidding me! No more ShoXLayner pairing then.. :c
By the way, could it be that..
Layner and Sho are sisters?
because...
there was a part when Layner starts babbling about 2 sisters but I kinda chose not to listen to it and both of them have the same hair colour. Layner could be wearing contacts over glasses(Not logical hahaha~)

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#219 Post by azureXtwilight »

Mwahahahaha, it seems like my theories have caused quite a spur...

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#220 Post by Coren »

Ezaki wrote:
Layner is a girl?!
You got to be kidding me! No more ShoXLayner pairing then.. :c
By the way, could it be that..
Layner and Sho are sisters?
... I have no idea if you're joking, or if you're being serious, but if it's the latter, then no, he's not a girl. XD

destiny_921
Regular
Completed: Closure [KN]
Projects: The Universal Hope (writer, WIP)

#221 Post by destiny_921 »

Played the demo :3 So, I attempted to be as general and non-spoilery as possible, and I think I've done quite well in doing that..

1. What do you think of the game so far?
Both visually and story-line appealing. The music isn't a let-down, either, as it reflects the mood and atmosphere as well as tone of the story as it progresses.

2. Who are generally your favourite characters, and why?
Kaison and Sho. Hands-down. I really love how you contrasted them.

Sho, in my opinion, is both fire and ice (though, more on the fire - no pun :3) - she loves fire, yet she dislikes it as she is hurt by it. At the same time, her features of pale skin and pale hair reflects a deceptively pure and innocent visage, delicate as snow. Her red eyes adds more to the contrast of her visage and personality. From what I know so far, I have a feeling there just might be a hint of something underneath her madness - cause people aren't born crazy, they're made so (sadly).

Kaison, on the other hand, is similar yet different from Sho. He is calm and composed. Also, while Sho tends to express herself in a more "outgoing" manner - his way is more tempered steel and iron velvet-fist, so to speak. He's more ice and snow than fire and flames - his visage most definitely reflects that (personality, not ability) compared to Sho who is certainly more complex. Yet, he has a pyro-ability - something which intrigued me besides the past + amnesia. Nicely done *salutes*

Layner would be another favourite, due to his eccentricity. He speaks about random things (or...are they? *cue drum-roll*), but is actually quite intelligent underneath that. I think this quote from John Stewart Mill fits perfectly in his case - "The amount of eccentricity in a society has generally been proportional to the amount of genius, mental vigor, and moral courage it contained.." The way he answers questions/answers with questions/other stuff is fairly entertaining and thought-provoking.

For all three - They're really in-depth. Plus, I love their dialogues. They're witty, sarcastic, intelligent.etc - very nicely written C:

3. What are some questions you want answered the most in the full game?
-Is Sho related to Shirley?
-Is one of the characters actually from the Sanchez family?
-How did Kaison end up meeting the girl in his past in the first place?
-Is Sho the girl in Kaison's past?
.etc >.>

4. What do you predict are answers to these questions?
-They could be twins. Or something, like genetically engineered/clone.etc (Anything is possible)..
-I have a sneaky suspicion that someone is. Maybe Layner or Chloe..
-I really wonder if she is. But it's still hard to say for now.

5. Which characters do you find the most curious or interesting? (Can overlap with #1)
From #1 - Kaison, Sho, Layner. Also (now including) Chloe, Iris and Henry.

6. What do you generally think of the story so far?
One word = BRILLIANT.

7. What particular scene(s) did you like in the demo?
Childhood for the win. And the scene where Kaison first appears atop the church - confronting Sho. The scene between Kaison, Layner and Larsen + scene when Larsen's having a conversation with his cousin Fuuka while Sho and Layner were there... EPIC.

8. Pairings/Ships, do you have any?
I find Kaison/Sho fascinating :lol: On the other hand, I'm curious about how Layner would react to Aurelia xD No Henry/Aurelia, cause I think it seems more of Aurelia fussing over Henry like a mother. Of course, it could turn out to be like Shikaku's marriage to Yoshino :lol:

Verdict: TIME, PASS FASTER, PLEASE!

For your hard work and efforts...

“Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try”
– Dr. Seuss

::Completed:: Closure (KN)
::WIPs:: The Universal Hope

::Misc::
Writing Guide

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#222 Post by Coren »

Heya, thanks for the review! :)

I wonder why there are so many Shirley and Sho theories, heh. They haven't even interacted!

pyongtaro

#223 Post by pyongtaro »

Ahh, I replayed the full demo to write this, haha.

Sho-Shirley theories being popular I'll start off by saying I felt cheated when it was revealed Shirley was the girl in Kaison's memories w As cliche as it might be, it's more interesting to have the female protagonist taking that role than some sickly girl in a wheelchair. Maybe the bandages covering Shirley's eyes will come off, revealing she doesn't have the same eye color as the girl Kaison knew...? (I wish) Then again, it's implied Shirley isn't all she seems, either. I don't really have anything to say about the light-haired girl she mentioned; Sho seems to be the obvious choice, but...

I tried some of the existing names when nicknaming the... girl. She accepted Erik and Lars/en and rejected Henry, Iris, etc. Among those, the only ones that net different responses were "Sho" and "Shirley". Is this just to confuse us? ww

I like Sho and Kaison's interaction, except for how little there is through the demo. I'd like to say Kaison interests me, considering his past might not be as sin-free as he thinks (as if setting his twin on fire isn't enough), but I'm actually more curious about Sho. She explicitly told Erik she didn't have a sob backstory. There seems to be something about the orphanage, though; maybe not the place, but the girl--Flora? How did Sho become the person she is, why is she so fascinated with Kaison... I guess I'd like to know those first. Kaison/Sho is nice for reasons, but Kaison/Aurelia doesn't seem impossible too.

The narrators in the first two scenes also confused me a bit, since those are some of the few parts first-person is used. Sho said she got separated from her parents during the civil war ("probably") but the parents of the girl in the first scene were clearly dead. One of Sho's flashbacks hinted on her being the narrator, though. The second scene, I'm thinking Kaison, since it mentioned falling from a building. He's not the only person who had experienced that in this game, sure, but seeing the preview...

About someone other than Sho and Kaison; I don't know if Layner is a fool or actually incredibly insightful--probably both.

It got too long w I don't have any particular theory since I'm more go-with-the-flow person, but I'd love to see this finished. Question: Does this game have branching?
Either way, quick fanart (click for full):

/goes back to being a lurker

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#224 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Downloaded and will come back to comment when I get through it ^^
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

deviltales
Regular

#225 Post by deviltales »

downloading now, will review it after I achieved 100% complexion :D
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.