Crimson Rafflesia [Psych|Thriller|GxB/BxG] Demo - 26 Sep

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
enkasai

Re: Crimson Rafflesia [Psych|Thriller|GxB/BxG] FULL DEMO 1.0

#271 Post by enkasai »

Kirroha wrote:
enkasai wrote:
azureXtwilight wrote:Ah, the similarities between doppelganger and this is because the person who made the GUIs for both games are the same. XD As if the characters... I think the both of us doesn't really watch durarara so I don't think it's intentional :P
Oh, yeah. I know some of the people at Soyasushi worked on Doppelganger and I assumed that was why there are similarities, though I didn't expect it would be the exact same person to make the GUI, lol. I just kinda feel like it's too similar. I get that the themes are sort of the same, but it would be better if there was a more glaring difference to set them apart. Even then, bloody red droplets on a dark grunge background is pretty common nowadays especially with the vampire craze, lol so, like... maybe the flowers? The flowers are pretty and quite distinct in terms of style/design, and they're in the textbox, too, so. Just make them broken and bloody or something, haha.

Clearly I'm sugar-high. I know how much of a pain in the neck making a Prefs screen is. Why am I posting useless comments here? ._.

I'm just a really big fan of Durarara!! and I was reading fanfiction during the time I was playing so maybe that's the reason why those references popped up in my head, haha. ^u^" //shot
Soyasushi is mainly one person (aka me) with random help from other sources at points. :) I helped Azure with the plot for Doppelganger, yes. We commissioned the same person for the GUI in both games. Sorry about the save slots! That was how it was designed in the GUI. I apologize.

Can you PM me about some inconsistencies in the game? I'd like to get those addressed as soon as possible. I think it'll be more constructive for the both of us if you can point them out for me instead of saying that it is loopy. :)
Oh, hello! Haha, well, clearly I have no clue how the internal dynamics of VN teams work around here, hurr.

As for the inconsistencies, I'll have to replay the demo to be able to point them out since it's actually been quite a while since I last ran through it. I can work on it over the weekend, but I have some school stuff to deal with, so it might take a while. I'll try to get back ASAP, though.

Good luck and best wishes on the development for the meantime!

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#272 Post by Coren »

D`Angel18 wrote:This is just an unimportant question but please answer me, is Sho and Flora of the same age?
I have my own answer which is maybe but I just want to know your opinion guys. :D
Thanks everyone :)
When they were children, yes, they were the same age. :) It's unknown whether Flora is still alive, though.

@enkasai: Thank you. :) I don't watch Durarara though, but I'm pretty sure whatever similarities there are aren't that great for it to warrant mention, let alone do any harm or good to his character, don't you think? Happy-go-lucky comic relief characters are everywhere - it's a common trope.

Monkos

#273 Post by Monkos »

This game is incredibly awesome so far! Keep up with the good work, I can't wait the release~~
Sorry, if my english is bad :S

rubythorns

#274 Post by rubythorns »

I just played the demo and loved it. I'm perfectly fine with the fact its not an otome game. I enjoy the dark storyline and mystery.
1. What do you think of the game so far?
-Fantastic, the art is beautiful, the story intriguing, and I look forward to the finished product.
2. Who are generally your favourite characters, and why?
-Sho. The girl is complicated to say they least, and I know there is a lot more going on besides the madness.
3. What are some questions you want answered the most in the full game?
-What really happened at the orphanage?
-Who is Laynar really? The guy knows way too much.
-
Are Shirley/little girl (I'm currently convinced that she is Kai's friend) and Sho sisters?
-Who is Chloe and what did she do.
She admitted to playing a rich kid and alluded to having similar abilities to Sho's.
-Is Flora the same girl Sho let die? What was their relationship?
-Why does Sho make a huge point in antagonizing Kaison?
-What was Makela's relationship to Sho. (I know Sho had a REASON to kill her.)
4. What do you predict are answers to these questions?
-No comment.
5. Which characters do you find the most curious or interesting? (Can overlap with #1)
-Laynar
-Chloe
-Sho
6. What do you generally think of the story so far?
-Epic. There are so many factors intertwined and I can't wait to solve the various mysteries and see what happens. Also, I like the fact that there are multiple points of view and its possible to make decisions for other characters. And I noticed in Sho's decisions there are options that lead her to gradually becoming more ethical and considerate. Is it possible to make Sho redeemable or get worse on her path?
7. What particular scene(s) did you like in the demo?
The scene between Sho and Kaison where she is challenging him. It's desperate and sad.
8. ... Pairings/Ships, do you have any?
ChloexHenry, KaisonxShirley. KaisonxSho. And my twisted mind ships the crap out of ErikxSho. He mentioned they were similar. She makes fun of him calling him an old man. There are elements of the balance of control.
Also, I have to make a couple of critiques:
-A couple of the songs I heard in another game. Doppleganger. . . .
-Some scenes had pauses that were very long and I was clicking away at a blank screen.
-And during the mission sequence there was a grammar thing:
"Kaison points the blade in the corner, with its slightly rusted hilt and somewhat dulled blade."
Does Kaison point to the blade, or points the blade towards the corner? I wasn't quite sure until it was mentioned that the blade was in his hand.
And I hope there are many more save blocks. I ran out halfway through the demo. I still have to go back and see the alternative results of the scenes. . . but so far its really good. And somehow I think whether or not Sho kills Vincent has quite the impact on the story.
Attachments
Crimson screenshot.png

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo

#275 Post by Coren »

-A couple of the songs I heard in another game. Doppleganger. . . .
-Some scenes had pauses that were very long and I was clicking away at a blank screen.
-And during the mission sequence there was a grammar thing:
Hey, thanks for your comments! :) As for the grammar stuff, I'll fix them, so thanks for notifying me.

I can't do a thing about the music. I don't have the money to hire professional musicians, and neither did Azure for Doppelganger, and it just happens that we ended up using a couple of music tracks from the same free online music source. Please don't have the wrong idea that I "copied" music from Doppelganger or anything like that.

And pauses, be assured that no pause exceeds four seconds. Maybe you might have gotten used to shorter pauses in other games, and so I understand why you'd get impatient at points, but other people may have been used to longer pauses and would've found these pauses short, so I'll leave them as they are.

Thanks for your comments. :)

By the way, would anyone be interested in a fanart contest? If so, what kind of prizes would you like?

Minari Cipher
Regular
Projects: Seasons of Love, The Dare to Gamble, Halloween Otome (Beta Tester)

#276 Post by Minari Cipher »

Kirroha wrote: When they were children, yes, they were the same age. :)
Thanks for confirming Flora's age but why is Mikaela's age of death 16 shouldn't it be 15 since they're twins.
Kirroha wrote:It's unknown whether Flora is still alive, though.
I believe she is still alive.
I even got a theory that Chloe is Flora (maybe I'm just over thinking here about them being a one person) :lol:
By the way, would anyone be interested in a fanart contest? If so, what kind of prizes would you like?
I'd be interested in joining. Uhmmm... a million dollars I guess :lol: just kidding.... maybe a few spoilers about the story. X3
Seasons of Love (Little Helpers)
The Dare to Gamble (Writer)

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#277 Post by azureXtwilight »

Kirroha wrote: By the way, would anyone be interested in a fanart contest? If so, what kind of prizes would you like?
I'd say why not, maybe a cameo in the story or a super spoiler will be *ahem* okay for a prize.

kairunotabi
Regular

#278 Post by kairunotabi »

Can I join the fanart contest? :P

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#279 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Kirroha wrote:
YES, YES I WOULD BE INTERESTED *O*

The prizes should be a free commish or something. I don't really care what the prize is, I just love contests XD
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

lemonscent
Regular
Projects: Remembrance:)

#280 Post by lemonscent »

But I can't drawww. QQ
Make it a fanfic+fanart combo qnd ill gladly whip up an off-canon fanfic about sho and kai's secret lovelife /shot

I'm totally serious about the fanfic though. Just not serious about the love life thing.
★Remembrance - a WIP
소중했던 내 사람아 이젠 안녕❣ (안녕 안녕 이젠 안녕)

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#281 Post by Coren »

Thanks for the interest, guys! :) I'll open up for entries this weekend, so stay tuned! Prizes will probably consist of free art commissions or OC cameo appearances or both.
kairunotabi wrote:Can I join the fanart contest? :P
Yep, you're very welcome to do so!
lemonscent wrote:Make it a fanfic+fanart combo
Sure, why not-
lemonscent wrote: ill gladly whip up an off-canon fanfic about sho and kai's secret lovelife
NO PLEASE

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#282 Post by Coren »

And it's up!

For more information on prizes, click here! :)

lemonscent
Regular
Projects: Remembrance:)

Re: Crimson Rafflesia [Psych|Thriller|GxB/BxG]Demo 1.0(+Cont

#283 Post by lemonscent »

Oh awesomeee
Time to get planning <3
★Remembrance - a WIP
소중했던 내 사람아 이젠 안녕❣ (안녕 안녕 이젠 안녕)

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#284 Post by azureXtwilight »

Cool! I'll be entering! I like how we can post fanarts about your other games too!

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#285 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

1. What do you think of the game so far?

Really, really, wonderful. Deep, to be honest. The art is a bit eh, but I guess that's just me, since the styles differ sometimes. The cuteness is a little deceiving though, but I guess that is what made CR so special. You glance at the main menu art and think it's a simple tragic story about a little girl but when you play it, you realize how wrong you are and you go "WOAH".
I still remember going WTF at the time Sho reveals herself as an assassin when Goldstein attacked at the first part.
2. Who are generally your favourite characters, and why?

HENRY. LOL HIS MOLOTOV COCKTAILS He kind of lives up the mood in-game with his mini-jokes. I like Sho too, since I like yandere-esque characters, but aside from that, nothing.

And yes, all the children. LARSEN YEW STOP BEING ADORABLE DWARF

3-4. What are some questions you want answered the most in the full game? What do you predict are answers to these questions?
  • What sort of life did Sho have before she was in the middle of a revolution and being an asshole?
    I think she has a twisted sort of childhood, although I don't think she is the type to be like that because of traumatic experiences. I think it's because she was forced to, then later it just became something she greatly enjoys. As for her abilities... WELL SHO BEING NOT HUMAN AND BEING A LAB EXPERIMENT COUNTS RIGHT ORZ
  • Sho and Kai met before she was able to kill Mikaela, but then, what was their meeting like? Did Sho left some sort of impression to Kaison?

Hmm, I personally think this in relation with the last-ish scene where Kaison remembers that seeing Sho kill Mikaela wasn't the first time he had seen her. If I remember right, Sho was wearing this white dress thing, which can be something like a lab coat! And while she escapes, she encounters Kaison or something. I don't know, it seemed like it.
  • How did Aurelia became one of the prominent figures of the liberation front?

For some reason, I think that she's really a priestess, but something forced her or something to lead. Not entirely sure.
  • Why the hell is Faraday a bastard
  • What's up with Chloe?
    Is she the same as Sho?
  • What exactly happened in the orphanage? How the hell did Sho get there?

I personally don't know what can happen for this...
5. Which characters do you find the most curious or interesting? (Can overlap with #1)

Sho, and Chloe, and ALL THE KIDS. Like, HOW DID YOU BECOME THAT CUTE. I'm not really sure what to make of Sho. Sometimes I think she's a bastard, something I find her endearing, though... yeah. Bastard asshole girl.

Plus, you know, I like Layner and Larsen when they talk. Their conversations = perf.
As for Chloe, I'm really kind of wondering why is she not surprised with the details of the crime. It kind of tells she knows of Sho, who is she, what she can do, and WHY THE HELL IS SHE EVEN EXISTING. Like, why. Is Chloe similar to Sho for some reason or in some ability? Maybe that's why Perrison demotivated her or something, so that she can't really function properly to do much harm as Sho can do. But that's just a guess.
6. What do you generally think of the story so far?

Really creepy, but awesome. I don't want to get overly detailed, so I'll try to be specific with what I mean. The story's twisted, yet somehow it draws you in. Like, "This is scary, but I'm still playing :D" Hahaha I can't really describe it. It's really cool and really-well-written and really thought-out.

7. What particular scene(s) did you like in the demo?
Generally, the scene where Sho "kills" the Goldstein woman or sth (forgot her name) by disabling her arms and legs then getting her killed with the drill was awfully creepy.
8. ... Pairings/Ships, do you have any?

I used to ship Sho x Kaison buuuuuuut I don't know anymore :c

9. TAKE A RANDOM SCREENSHOT!

Overall, good job! Sorry the review took so long, and I WILL join the contest, no matter how many asks I get P: