Club Shuffle [GxB]&[GxG][Romance, Comedy, Mystery, Fantasy]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
FatUnicornGames
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Club Shuffle

Re: Club Shuffle [GxB]&[GxG][Romance, Comedy, Mystery][New A

#16 Post by FatUnicornGames »

@Obscura and Fungii - I'll let him know! I think he's pretty swell myself.

@Gekinganwing - I drew all of the reference for Hank from mostly rockabilly styles which obviously do have influence from the 50s. I think it is a fun style and lends itself to his personality well. Jeff just came about with my reference (the hairstyle, bowtie, "pointless goggles") and Les' own inspiration, the wild eyes and up all night look.

As far as the concern, while justified, really this game is more of a passion project than anything else. It is a story that has been rolling around in my head for ages. It was originally for a graphic novel, but when I got thinking about a Ren'Py game I wanted to make it reared its head again. I thought, this idea wouldn't be too hard to rejigger for an otome romance style game. The main reason why I am even charging for money is that Les ia pro-artist and I want to be able to kick him back SOMETHING for his efforts. He knows that likely it won't be a ton. If people want to buy it great. :D I am hoping that presenting a Japanese style VN in a different more American way will perhaps lend a new layer of originality to the project, making people who would otherwise turn their nose up at "just another otome game" look twice.

And while it may seem like just a harem game, it is really more the tale of a lost girl finding her way in the world. It just happens to be a crazy world, with a billionaire dad, strange and eccentric love interests and weird costumes aplenty.
Last edited by FatUnicornGames on Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Developer Blog for Club Shuffle - Follow and Share?
-Also! You can call me Crystal if you want.-

FatUnicornGames
Miko-Class Veteran

#17 Post by FatUnicornGames »

Monica!

And a character who you can get a friendship ending with.

Rhiannon - She is Vivian's Roommate and The Vice President of the Anime Club. She is also the President of the Theodore Club (not affiliated with The Brassfield Institute). Theodore is a very popular cartoon character in the Club Shuffle universe and is the little black cat on her shirt there.

Nuxill
Veteran
Projects: No Friend
Tumblr: nuxill
itch: nuxill

#18 Post by Nuxill »

Ahh I love the artwork! It's got so much personality and flair! I especially love how varied the character designs are! :D

@gekiganwing, people buy indie games with all sorts of art styles, I don't think something like this will turn people away. Heck, it might even draw some people in who would otherwise be put off by a more 'anime' style.

Cinnamoon
Regular
Projects: Crystal Aria ~Starlight (20%), かわいいなリズム (38%)
Organization: CoffeeCat

#19 Post by Cinnamoon »

Hello there~
Nuxill wrote:Ahh I love the artwork! It's got so much personality and flair! I especially love how varied the character designs are! :D

@gekiganwing, people buy indie games with all sorts of art styles, I don't think something like this will turn people away. Heck, it might even draw some people in who would otherwise be put off by a more 'anime' style.
I totally agree with you. I'm really into "anime" style otome game, but I will definitely buy Club Shuffle when it's released. I love the art. It is just... perfect.

Also, great job FatUnicorn for the amazing UI, I hope everything works fine since our little chit-chat on the questions sub-forums :)

Good luck for you and your artist (^.^)/~

FatUnicornGames
Miko-Class Veteran

#20 Post by FatUnicornGames »

Cinnamoon wrote:Hello there~
Nuxill wrote:Ahh I love the artwork! It's got so much personality and flair! I especially love how varied the character designs are! :D

I totally agree with you. I'm really into "anime" style otome game, but I will definitely buy Club Shuffle when it's released. I love the art. It is just... perfect.

Also, great job FatUnicorn for the amazing UI, I hope everything works fine since our little chit-chat on the questions sub-forums :)

Good luck for you and your artist (^.^)/~
Thanks so much for all the help! Couldn't have done it without yah. :D

FatUnicornGames
Miko-Class Veteran

#21 Post by FatUnicornGames »

A couple more characters.

Heather - A mysterious girl who wants your hands of Hank, and she is willing to play dirty to make sure that happens.

Jeanette - The Student Body Treasurer. She would rather read Forbes than the tabloids and has a tendency of saying whatever she is thinking.

FatUnicornGames
Miko-Class Veteran

#22 Post by FatUnicornGames »

More concepts!

Explosions&NickCage
Regular

#23 Post by Explosions&NickCage »

You can't have Jeff Tesla look like that. He's far too handsome. I shan't be able to romance anyone else.

But seriously, I love the GUI you have posted so far. You don't have to change the default Main Menu/Preference/Save screens, but it really adds an extra wow factor when one does. Have you already done dialog boxes and a quick menu yet? And is there a website for it or is this the main place to get information on it?

FatUnicornGames
Miko-Class Veteran

#24 Post by FatUnicornGames »

Explosions&NickCage wrote:You can't have Jeff Tesla look like that. He's far too handsome. I shan't be able to romance anyone else.

But seriously, I love the GUI you have posted so far. You don't have to change the default Main Menu/Preference/Save screens, but it really adds an extra wow factor when one does. Have you already done dialog boxes and a quick menu yet? And is there a website for it or is this the main place to get information on it?
Ha! I'm glad you like him! It has been fun shuffling reference to my artist and then having him send me back fantastic character designs.

This is the text box right now, but I think I am gonna have my GUI artist do one more pass on it because the curves on the top and bottom are looking a bit jagged. She should be sending me the rest in the next few days.

This is the main place for information right now, I plan on putting together a blog when a little more is done on the art side.

FatUnicornGames
Miko-Class Veteran

#25 Post by FatUnicornGames »

Cinnamoon
Regular
Projects: Crystal Aria ~Starlight (20%), かわいいなリズム (38%)
Organization: CoffeeCat

#26 Post by Cinnamoon »

The art is absolutely wonderful. All the characters does have personality and life only through the design. I wish I could do something like that >.<
Congratulations to the artist, I really love his work~!

FatUnicornGames
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Club Shuffle [GxB]&[GxG][Romance, Comedy, Mystery, Fanta

#27 Post by FatUnicornGames »

Cinnamoon wrote:The art is absolutely wonderful. All the characters does have personality and life only through the design. I wish I could do something like that >.<
Congratulations to the artist, I really love his work~!
I think he is pretty fantastic myself! We had been looking for a project to do together for a while and when I decided to take this concept, which I had originally envisioned as a graphic novel into a game I roped him into helping. :D On a side note check out this thing he did...it is so friggin cool! http://www.evilspacerobot.com/evilspace ... s-full.jpg

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#28 Post by azureXtwilight »

I really like the unique art style! A great refreshment from the typical anime style XD

FatUnicornGames
Miko-Class Veteran

#29 Post by FatUnicornGames »

Thanks Azure!

More GUI.

FatUnicornGames
Miko-Class Veteran

#30 Post by FatUnicornGames »

Les did another pass on Gabe and Devon. We wanted to make Gabe a little more overtly handsome and have more expression and I wanted Devon to be a bit more jovial looking. Also I decided he should wear glasses...He takes them off for Judo though. Also I wanted to make sure most of Gabes expressions are done through eyebrow movements.