The Feast of Glass [GxB] [Mystery]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
KalaCansado
Regular
Projects: The Feast of Glass

The Feast of Glass [GxB] [Mystery]

#1 Post by KalaCansado »

------
Feast, means rich and happiness.
Glass, means beauty and pure.
Every times we talk about the feast of glass, we know there’s a big celebration in our land.
Seems we forgot, feast can also mean corruption and glass can be a weapon.
Beautiful but easy broken, rich but easy corrupt...
…all of them are just like us.
------

Title: The Feast of Glass
Genre: Romance/ Mystery/ little bit Dark
Rating: 15+ (story including murder and killing)
Ending: almost 20 endings and last for 2-4 hour each round

Story
The story began in the country of a fantasy world, Luzicari. Since the new King of Luzicari wanted to build a friendly relationship and peace treaty with the neighbor country, Billichow. He sent one of his sisters, Tilla Rowland to this strange land and married to the son of the ‘God the father’, Canteki Po. As a princess of Luzicari and a wife of an important person in Bilichow, she tried her best to learn for the culture and religion in Bilichow and integrate into the people. But at the same time, a big conspiracy is waiting and destroying everything from her…

Plot
This game includes three major parts, the welcome banquet, wedding ceremony and the conspiracy breaking. In the preparation of the banquet and wedding ceremony, player can go wherever they want to and talk to those characters in that place, but at the same time except improving the relationship between the heroine and the characters, player needs to find some unusual event in order to stop the conspiracy at the final part. If not, the conspiracy begins and you need to stop it as soon as possible to reduce the injure it caused.

Characters (sketch only, might be corr later)
Tilia Rowland (17) 蒂莉雅.羅琳
As the princess of Luzicari, eating and using citizens’ tax for their life without farming and working. Tilia clearly knows her duty - to be a social tool and get peace for her citizens. Also, seems silent and rationality is her personality, she never asks too much or being angry for something she doesn’t have. She forced herself to be stronger and reduce the trouble with person who next to her. At the same time, cause of the safety and problem of her country and identity, Tilia hate to take risk, but she still want to protect what she loves to. …Maybe Tilia is just a normal girl.

Canteki Po (19) 卡達奇.保
Canteki is the son of the ‘God the father’, having affiance with Tilia. As one of the important person in his religions, he done a great job in administration and promoting, also giving a loyal heart to the god he believes in. He makes his religions more popular and powerful. But everyone has his own fault…Canteki seems to enjoy being alone and having poor social network, He also default himself as a mean person. ‘I am not kind!’ said Canteki, while he is helping the elderly and poor in Billichow. As the decision was made by his father, he now is angry with Tilia that she suddenly becomes his wife. If he could choose, maybe the first word in the first meeting of them is how Tilia ruin his life…

Image Causal Wear
Rotzit (18) 羅次
Rotzit is also an important person of the main religions in Billichow. Seems he is the only friend of Canteki when he was young, they know everything from each other and that makes them having good cooperation in the jobs that they were in. Rotzit is a nice and sweet boy, but also very shy. He loves gardening and planting so he always being around in the garden and planting plants…that’s makes Tilia wondering why he doesn’t need to work at all (okay maybe his job is gardening…). As he always hanging around the place where Canteki were in, it is very easy to find and have a free talk with him.

Colan Alodka (21) 浩蘭.亞洛卡
Green hair, purple eyes…the Alodka family will never be the Prince Charming! Being the eldest son in his family, Colan is the crown prince and one of the heir candidates in Billichow. He also is a popular playwright and great strategist at that time. As his recording being showed, he had won eighty-five percent of the war that he had lead. And for the other fifteen percent…I can only said that he’s always look into the whole form and forget about himself who has a big chance of being killed by the assassin. …Although these fifteen percent nearly killed him, he still has a good brain and good concept that saves him a lot from those terrible situations. In the other hand, Colan was the first one that have affianced with Tilia, but he refuses the suggestion later and that makes the relationship between the Rowland family and Alodka family become nervous. Is this because he falls in love with someone else or just hating the Rowland family? That can be a secret.

Image Causal Wear (I still wondering his hair is blue or grey XD)
Loliator (23) 勞納德this name will be change^^
Every time heard of his name, you will only imagine him wearing a causal wear but not knight armor. Being the head of the new knight group, the knights of religions, he belongs to the Alodka family and needs to be loyal to them. But seems Loliator’s personality can use one word, indulgence, to represent him. He always does what he wants to do and refuses the order that he doesn’t like even it was given by his master. He totally not following the chivalrous spirit and that may cost his life. But well…now you still can see him standing here and go wherever he want, I can only say he did a great job in his works, or the Alodka family really like him. Cause of his loitering, he has a large social network and turn bigger and bigger day by day, but at the same time, the number of haters is also increasing…

Yuipesin (25) 休伯森this name will be changed (will be added soon!)
Yuipesin is a Duke in Billichow. He is a typical nobleman and has all the bad personality: arrogant, haughty, overbearing…When he want a thing, he will use all the methods to get it even the way is not clean at all. He got too much confidence for himself,
so trying to break him or being stronger than him, it will be very fun I promise.
…Although Yuipersin is not a good person, I mean, some of his part is not good at all, he still trusted by the King in Billichow.

Meki (16) 梅潔
Meki is a maid from Luzicari, she came with Tilia to here in order to help her adapting the life in Billichow. As she is active and cheerful, she became a friend with Tilia quickly and soon becomes an important part of each other because they are the only two who came from Luzicari. But all the things will not last for a long time, Meki will leave Billichow two months later and Tilia will be alone in Billichow. Will she be okay after those things happened?
...By the way she is more suitable to be a heroine in different aspect I think XD
The whole sketch and the high setting XDDDDD
Yuipesin need to redesign and suggestion needed!;A;

Progress
Story: 85% (I have wrote down and thought all the details in the story, but maybe there’s something miss, so I mark it as 85% XD)
Writing: 20% (Introduction finished! Writing the map moving stuff now~)
Art/ CG: 5% (sketching…the last version of the character’s looks haven’t decided yet)
Music: 82% (Just need to find a little more)
Program: 5% (Making the button, and learning to use it)

Questions and suggestion needed
The looks of the character – I needed some suggestion for the characters, especially clothes design, I really stuck in it and need more opinion T^T
Word using – Seems my story include some original part including the religion that set by myself, I find that most of the words like ‘Cathedral’, ‘church’ are the Christian terms, does it matter if I use it even it is not about Jesus or Christian? Or it will be better if I create a word myself?
World setting – The story setting are in a fantasy world, so many part of them like the social systems, animals and foods will not be same with the Middle Ages. But base on the system setting in the country of the story, there may not have a big chance or ability to show most of them, does it matter or will it a problem that the setting are not same with the Middle Ages but there may not have magic or something new? How do you feel about it?

Sorry for asking many stupid questions T^T
But it is my first game and English is not my first languages so sometimes I really have lots of problem with it…also I want to reduce the mistakes as much as possible and make the game better, so please…forgive me…
The story are a bit old fashioned I know XD But I will try to make the story better XDD
Welcome to ask more questions or giving some suggestion, it will be my honor to see your comment! ^^

Will be added soon
-Some introduction of the background and systems in Billichow
-Final sketch and painting of the characters
-Final poster/ picture for the game
-The details of the main religions in Billichow
-Demo, system and CG sample
-Some extra things…

Awwww first time post the drtails of my games here, I am sooo nervous XDDD
Thank you for reading it all! ^^
I will finish the game and make it as good as I can. ^^
Last edited by KalaCansado on Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

Magicprincess20
Regular

Re: The Feast of Glass [GxB] [Mystery]

#2 Post by Magicprincess20 »

The looks of the character: I love the clothes design, so i dont think it need more work about that and I love the characther so i dont think you need to work so much about the characther.
Word using: I love the story plot i dont think you need to change the story plot.
World setting: I dont think you need to change about World setting.

I love your characther,story,plot and the World setting very much, I think you did very good work whit this and think this whould be very good game.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by gekiganwing »

Your characters all live in the same nation. If they have a common ethnicity, then you will benefit by making sure their names are consistent and make sense. You don't have to adhere to real life (their names don't have to be patterned after real life names from the middle ages), but they should sound like people who live in a specific area. One name should definitely be changed: Loliator.
KalaCansado wrote:
...By the way she (Meki) is more suitable to be a heroine in different aspect I think XD
Right now, your main character is a princess. I don't know if she will have legitimate political power, or if she just lives a privileged life among nobles. It's possible to make a character sympathetic even if she's born into the royal family. Especially if she understands common people. Meki does not seem to be one of the nobles, so she might be a valuable ally for her. On the other hand, it can be difficult to relate to a character who happens to be a princess...
Meki is a maid, and as I said above, it doesn't sound like she belongs to this circle of upper class people. She probably doesn't have political power. But by working among generals and dukes, she might be able to influence them.

It sounds like you have written quite a bit. If you're content with what you've written, then stick with Tilia as the main character. *If* you have not written much, and you're seriously considering making Meki the main character, your story will change quite a bit. Think carefully before making large-scale rewrites.
KalaCansado wrote:Seems my story include some original part including the religion that set by myself, I find that most of the words like ‘Cathedral’, ‘church’ are the Christian terms, does it matter if I use it even it is not about Jesus or Christian? Or it will be better if I create a word myself?
Do some research into writing fantasy and fictional religions. Writing Excuses has an audio only discussion on this topic. And there's articles on this topic, such as Worldbuilding: Fantasy Religion Design Guide.
KalaCansado wrote:The story setting are in a fantasy world, so many part of them like the social systems, animals and foods will not be same with the Middle Ages. But base on the system setting in the country of the story, there may not have a big chance or ability to show most of them, does it matter or will it a problem that the setting are not same with the Middle Ages but there may not have magic or something new? How do you feel about it?
Again, take some time to read and learn. There is a lot of information about life in real medieval Europe. And if you're creating a fictional world, find out what others have written. Most of what is common in fantasy fiction can be traced back to J.R.R. Tolkien, who spent years learning about folk tales and mythology. There is nothing inherently wrong with the standard fantasy setting, but there are a lot of other options to consider.

KalaCansado
Regular

#4 Post by KalaCansado »

Magicprincess20 wrote:The looks of the character: I love the clothes design, so i dont think it need more work about that and I love the characther so i dont think you need to work so much about the characther.
Word using: I love the story plot i dont think you need to change the story plot.
World setting: I dont think you need to change about World setting.

I love your characther,story,plot and the World setting very much, I think you did very good work whit this and think this whould be very good game.
Haha, hope it would be a good game ^^
Thank you so much! I am glad to see it ^^
And if you have more opinion please not to afraid telling me :)
I want to makes my story as good as I can and I will really think of the point that you said^^
Thank you again!^^

KalaCansado
Regular

#5 Post by KalaCansado »

gekiganwing wrote:Your characters all live in the same nation. If they have a common ethnicity, then you will benefit by making sure their names are consistent and make sense. You don't have to adhere to real life (their names don't have to be patterned after real life names from the middle ages), but they should sound like people who live in a specific area. One name should definitely be changed: Loliator.

Thank you so much for the long reply ^^
I really glad when I saw it, it have lots of use and take me to have a reflection ^^
I will read it carefully and expend it as long as I can. (Also I will ask some more question cause I have some difficulties in setting the game....hope you don't feel annoyed when you saw it..I really need some help and advice! T^T
Hope we can have a good discussion and exchange our opinion :)

First, I would like to explain why I making these name so creepy and difficult to remember OTL
The the game will be released as two version: Chinese and English. At the beginning, I am using my first language to name the character, as the language transfer has a big different between Chinese and English. I have some difference in transforming. For example, at the first time I want to use Christina as the name of the heroine, but in the Chinese transferor form it will sound like 'Ca li si tin', it will be very difficult to convince, at the same time, seems those English name has used for the many times, it will be a difficult to remember for the Chinese.
So I used the word that always shown in the transformed name and words that brings western style (maybe this is a little bit difficult to understand...what examples that I can think of is when you hear 'Chan' or 'Wu' you will be sure he or she are a Chinese)
But it brings me to another problem: How can I transform it? Which will be better for naming? It is better to choose English only or developed in Chinese only?
At the first time I only have an idea that I use different version in both side just like I still can use Christina as the heroine name in the English version, and I use other name as the Chinese version, it surly will be good in both sides, but I afraid that someone who can read in both language will complain me that why I have so much different in both version, that's why I transfer it as match as the Chinese sound like, but I still found that it will be a big different from both languages..orz (Also the feeling, it will change a lot..OTL
So that's the problem that I really need to be careful for.
gekiganwing wrote:but they should sound like people who live in a specific area. One name should definitely be changed: Loliator.
Then all I want to said is thank you for showing that the problem from the name^^ (I really mean it!:)
While I transferring the name I still not sure that will the player and watcher think it is acceptable or not, also some of the name, like Yuipesin and Loliator, are really creepy and difficult to spell...even I cant spell those two name, I can only think of 'lolita' when I see his name and I also think it is a bit not suitable to have the 'or' at the end of a name. Seems 'er' or 'or' always use in a noun nut not a name...OTL
I will change these two name :)
Thank you for reminding, if you still got any advice or opinion for the naming please tell me, I really want to make the story better and more comfortable to read and remember ^^
gekiganwing wrote:Right now, your main character is a princess. I don't know if she will have legitimate political power, or if she just lives a privileged life among nobles. It's possible to make a character sympathetic even if she's born into the royal family. Especially if she understands common people. Meki does not seem to be one of the nobles, so she might be a valuable ally for her. On the other hand, it can be difficult to relate to a character who happens to be a princess...
Haha, I want to say you think very deeply and already know most of story XD
this opinion has some relation of the storyline, so I will hide some of them.
Basically, women will not have legitimate political power in the country that I was setting. Although the world was setted by myself and I can make it sensible that women can have power in a country, umm well...I just think it is not good to makes a princess that come from another place to have power....you know...it can be a bit absurd in many ways.
So in the story heroine surely wont have any power, but we learnt that women still can get power by two ways in the history.
And seems one of them will not have use in this case...so she will only have one way to have power, but you know.... it can be not legitimate at all.

And thank you so much for your opinion that about Meki being a heroine ^^
I really helps me a lot and I will think of it those day ^^
I will list all the thing in order to compare who will be better and makes the story better.
The action of a princess really limited and I am not sure what will the reader think if I give too much power or freedom for her ^^"
gekiganwing wrote:Do some research into writing fantasy and fictional religions. Writing Excuses has an audio only discussion on this topic. And there's articles on this topic, such as Worldbuilding: Fantasy Religion Design Guide.
Awww!!!!
When I am doing research I really cant think of searching this!
I just searching in the dictionary and hope I can find some words that can related to all religions XD
This really helps a lot! I will read it carefully and mark the piont down!
Thank you soo much!^^
gekiganwing wrote:Again, take some time to read and learn. There is a lot of information about life in real medieval Europe. And if you're creating a fictional world, find out what others have written. Most of what is common in fantasy fiction can be traced back to J.R.R. Tolkien, who spent years learning about folk tales and mythology. There is nothing inherently wrong with the standard fantasy setting, but there are a lot of other options to consider.
And thanks again! TwT
Because of the transfer problem, I try to read some information that in English.
I have been to the bookshop and look for the books that related to the world history and fiction, but it is very hard to find a fantasy fiction that written in English. (I don't know why....there always more Si-Fi there) The one that I found it is fantasy and closed to the topic that I wrote in is 'Game of Thrones', but still ,the situation are not same at all.(but it is a good book by the way ^^

Thank you for giving recommend and research for my works TwT
Although I have done some before, you know... it is still have a lots I miss and don't know, it really have different when people helping!!>/////<
It really helps me! And I really like it!
And please not to afraid and give more opinion again when I update the post ^^
It really helps me and I really want to make my game as good as I can.
I can give up the story and write a new one even I have finished 90% of it :)
Just want to make the story more perfect and good. Hehe.^^

Thank you soooo much!!!I really thinking of your advice and start reading it and writing points form it! ^^
PS My English is not good at all, so if I say something please forgive me...
I really like your comment and it helps me a lot.
If I am more difficulties hope I can ask you again ^^
Hope you won't think I am annoying at all :(

ShadowBerry
Veteran
Projects: Yakuza Blossom

#6 Post by ShadowBerry »

mhhh sounds good, like some stradegy...
I cant wait.

oh and a lil side note.
IsntRotzit getting bullied a lot? A guy 18 years old and 1,64m? xD
Own project:

iHeartLocket

#7 Post by iHeartLocket »

I think everything was awesome but for the guys can you draw them more buff I mean they're way too thin O.O! No offence

KalaCansado
Regular

#8 Post by KalaCansado »

ShadowBerry wrote:mhhh sounds good, like some stradegy...
I cant wait.

oh and a lil side note.
IsntRotzit getting bullied a lot? A guy 18 years old and 1,64m? xD
Haha thanks!
For me the strategy part is not good enough...so I am going to see where I can put the part that player can play too ^^
Hahaha absolutely! :lol:
Rozit's tall can be a tragedy wwwww
You see the point, good job! XDDDD

iHeartLocket wrote:I think everything was awesome but for the guys can you draw them more buff I mean they're way too thin O.O! No offence
Haha, thanks! Hope the game will be awesome too!
Thank you and thanks for the suggestions!
Hehe my friends always said my characters is too thin when I start drawing..seems I have make the same mistake OTL
Thank you for advice, I will take care for it ^^