Soul Collector [GxB][SupernaturalMystery]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Kyuun

Re: Soul Sweeper [GxB][Supernatural] Updated - 8/18/12

#31 Post by Kyuun »

Wao, the art looks really pretty! I'm stalking Get Dumped, but I'll be stalking this as well, haha. And the Death God isn't available for romancing?! Nu! Well, oh well. Bylon and Vin look pretty awesome, so it's all good.

Good luck with the two games!
And he added, perhaps a little sadly, "Straight ahead, you can't go very far." - The Little Prince

SugarrFairy

#32 Post by SugarrFairy »

This game looks so cute. Especially Bylon. Such a cutie. ; w ;
The interface, the art -- everything's just amazing.

;; Will we be able to date the Death God? //likeswisebeings

macuyo
Regular
Completed: Get Dumped
Projects: Soul Collector
Organization: Macuyo Production

#33 Post by macuyo »

Since a few people asked and I'm revising the plot anyways, I'll consider adding a route for him!
Personally I like him too so I think I'll give him more screen time than I originally planned to~ ^^

@Kyuun: Thank you!/// T V T I'm glad you found them both interesting enough to stalk haha
@SugarrFairy: Oh man-- thanks so much! ;A;

Recently, I was considering to add a stat-raising component to this game since it seems like it'll fit in well.
Problem is, I don't really know where people stand with the idea of stat raising. Personally I hate it but I see a lot of stat raising games that are quite popular... so I thought maybe it was just my problem? Since my friend also confirmed that she didn't mind it.
BLOGS
Wordpress || Tumblr

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

#34 Post by Anna »

Yes, it's very personal (I loathe stat-raising) but whatever people think, please do what you like. If you add stat-raising while hating the idea, chances are it won't be very good. Also make sure it's the actual stat-raising element or something else in those games which makes them popular; what else do those games have in common?

Anomandaris
Regular

#35 Post by Anomandaris »

It depends on the way the stat raising is handled. I liked the statraising in Scheherazade and RE: Alistair - the former because there were so many different stats, cute pictures, and descriptions that the stats felt fresh, and because it was a real strategic accomplishment to max out skills; the latter, because the stat raising portion was pretty short, so it didn't drag out too much, but was *just* enough to make the game feel interactive.

However, statraising that is overly repetitive is a definite turnoff. So as long as it's either a short segment or has different descriptions thrown around to make it feel "fresh" (like fun activity descriptions, or maybe skills you gain when you stat-raise enough?), I think a stat-raising component would be great.

About the game in general, I've been lurking around this thread since before I joined! I'm a sucker for shinigami-esque characters and stories, and the art looks very pretty (especially Vin!). I can't wait to see the revised plot summary!

macuyo
Regular
Completed: Get Dumped
Projects: Soul Collector
Organization: Macuyo Production

Re: Soul Collector [GxB][SupernaturalMystery]

#36 Post by macuyo »

I don't really want to double post here and there so I'm planning to stop updating this WIP thread.
Since Get Dumped is completed now... this project is in full swing! New info added for the last time in the first post. ^q^
I will only update my blogs from now on, so if you want to track the game's progress, you can check those once in a while!

@Anna: LOL Glad to see someone in the same boat as me. I remember stat rasiing for Dandelion was just torture.;; Ahh that's true... the difference between causation and correlation. I'll keep that in mind. : )

@Anomandaris: Right! I guess that's the key... a bit but not too much. xD
I don't even have much confidence about programming, but I think I'll consider more interactive components in my games from now on. Plot is revised! But it was mostly behind the scenes haha. It used to be ~1 hour, now I think it could probably go to 3-4 hours. (I'm aiming for one of those grander games this time)
BLOGS
Wordpress || Tumblr