Reaching Out [friendship] [school] [slice-of-life]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

Re: Reaching Out [friendship] [school] [slice-of-life]

#16 Post by Anna »

Almost there, keep it up ;)! I'll also advertise for you a week after the release~

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#17 Post by Applegate »

I know, I'm almost there! I'd really like the extra advertisement; I'm rubbish when it comes to PR and advertisement.

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#18 Post by Applegate »

I finally sent out a test distribution to a few people, so this is getting very, very close to a public release. Look forward to it!

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#19 Post by Applegate »

So I THOUGHT I was just about done with this. My tester(s) (;_;) indicated that there's one scene where they go on a roof, except there's no image of a roof. It made the scene very troubling and I just couldn't get a picture from the same school from the roof top.

Which means I rewrote the entire scene in question and the scene afterwards. I actually like the result since it's less superficial than what it used to be. An awkward 'kthx' scene has now changed into a purposeful scene or some pretentious nonsense like that.

This means that I'm still "close" to a public release, but since I'm rewriting a scene (or two) it'll take a little bit longer. I also somehow got out of hand with making sprites move so I had to revert all those changes...

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#20 Post by WickedRaccoon »

don't worry,stay cool.it's better to take your time and fix any issues than release a rushed game.so we will be waiting patiently until you're done ^‿^

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

#21 Post by Anna »

Indeed, don't fret about it :)! When you're trying something new, you always have problems like these. I'll be looking forward to testing the newest version if you want me to.

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#22 Post by Applegate »

This isn't dead! I've actually just sent out a test version to a few people again today. I changed a number of things.

For one, Cecile now moves in a few scenes, making her 1000% less static.
For two, I had to remove a scene that took place on a roof. The new scene, however, is much more interesting (as far as I care).
Thirdly, using the "Extra" button now correctly lets you see notes on the VN's development. Oops. I'm not sure how I managed to mess that up.
For another thing, I added a title screen. It may not be satisfactory, but.
Lastly, at the end of the read-through the program would stop doing anything. It now correctly returns you to the title screen!

Unless the rewrites ended up being unsatisfactory or Cecile's fidgeting is extreme max now, I think it's a very proper release candidate and will probably be released Soon. (Soon being between now and new years, hopefully; schedules permitting.)

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#23 Post by Applegate »

Just got word back from all testers. I've fixed one minor issue with wordwrap and there's one minor issue left (one line of code consisting of no more than 50 characters), but after that I can release.

Which means the release date is set to tomorrow! My development cycles take a while but I think I've polished the release.

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#24 Post by WickedRaccoon »

Applegate wrote:Just got word back from all testers. I've fixed one minor issue with wordwrap and there's one minor issue left (one line of code consisting of no more than 50 characters), but after that I can release.

Which means the release date is set to tomorrow! My development cycles take a while but I think I've polished the release.
*jumps out of bed and starts doing the happy dance* YES!!!it's finally here!!!can't wait to play it.
(but i'm gonna be missing all day tomorrow,so i'm going to play it when i get back T_T)
i shall give you my early congrats,since when you release it,i won't be here to say so.
CONGRATULATION ON YOUR RELEASE!!!!! :D :D :D

trowif

#25 Post by trowif »

Good luck with your game. I agree that the sprite looks profesional. And I like how the narator is not the bully. It's refreshing. :)