Dragon Souls (GxG) Fantasy Sci-fi

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Zatch
Regular
Projects: Omega(Current), Dragon Souls, Cheer on!

Dragon Souls (GxG) Fantasy Sci-fi

#1 Post by Zatch »

I decide to make a new thread in the new wip forum. :D Some of the place holder until we get enough sprites. :D

Dragon Souls

In a distant dimension, there is world called Altria. Altria is a world both ahead of our own and yet behind. The world is split into four lands: Wild Lands, Utopians, Aquatics and High Tech. Each section balances the others out and benefits from the others. To keep the peace, each section keeps one sacred orb called Life Orb.
There the four lands live in peace and harmony for many centuries until, one day, the Utopians suddenly attack and conquer a portion of Aquatics territory. After heavy debates between the Utopians, the Aquatics, and the the Aquatics' ally the High Techs; the Utopians declare war against the Aquatics and High Techs. The Wild Lands stay neutral and act as supplier to both parties.
After short period of time, the Utopians have the upper hand and take over even more land. The Aquatics and the High Techs try to push forward and ask the Wild Lands for help but are denied.
This is where it starts…

Earth Age 3099 . The earth isn't like what it use to be. A war gone abrupt between Aquatics and Utopians as they wage war against each other. Everything seems like a standstill and the world was seem damage by the war. But everything changes when Yuna encounter mysterious man Ranstein. What does he want with her? What will happen to the war?

Yuna

The protagonist. A young scientist from High Tech Region. She has pessimistic out look of the world and known to be really smart.

Love Interest:

Camellia

Local resident of Utopian region. She has an optimistic personality and naive pov of the world and people around her.

Maria

One of the lascivious women in Utopia and very close to Bruno. She is known to be manipulative and use her beauty to get her way.

Annie

One of the residents of High Tech and is a genetically altered human. Despite her innocent appearance she is a trained killer with an attitude.

Vivian

A highly advance cyborg that can sense human emotion and react to it. Not much is known about her except what she tells you.

Chloe

One of inhabitants of the High Techs and Yuna’s best friend. She has a motherly attitude and does her best to help others.

Side Characters:

Ranstein

The so called hero that will save the world. Ranstein is a loner and doesn’t let people inside. He loves the thrill of adventure and is addicted to battles. He has a short temper and is cocky but is loyal to his friends. He has a ‘like the wind’ kind of personality and is not willing to let anyone suffer.

Joe

One of the smart kids in the world. He has a natural talent for computers and other technologies. He is known as the geek or T-Tech by other people around him. He doesn’t interactive with people much and is a hikikomori. He also has trusts issues and is pretty apathetic. He has trouble talking to women.

Villain

Bruno Keys: The leader of Utopians and overall a dictator. He is an ex business man from High Tech but moved to Utopian for personal reasons. He found himself fascinated by the power of Utopian and tried to find a way to harness it. He became bitter and wiser during his rise to power.

Team:
Writer: Zatch
Artist: DomDozz
Background Artists: Stugeon
Composer:

Donation
http://igg.me/p/162996?a=529650

That is all! Tell us what you think of story and characters. :3 Any feedback will be appreciated!
Last edited by Zatch on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maltagliati
Regular
Projects: Lotus, Driftwood

Re: Dragon Souls (GxG) Fantasy Sci-fi

#2 Post by Maltagliati »

Ahh, cool stuff! ^^ I really like the art (change of main characters, I see? lol), and I'm curious to find out how Yuna's meeting with Ranstein will affect the ongoing war. I'd also be interested to see how Yuna's path with Camellia turns out, since it's pessimistic against optimistic (sometimes I really like that dynamic, I don't know why xD). Can't wait to see more.

Enigma
Veteran

#3 Post by Enigma »

It looks interesting, I can't wait to play it. I love VNs when they have fight scenes.

Zatch
Regular
Projects: Omega(Current), Dragon Souls, Cheer on!

#4 Post by Zatch »

It's time another update!! I swear I will make this my development blog or something.. :lol: Even if you guys just glance through it and not comment.
The game contains 253 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 2,523 words,
for an average of 10.0 words per screen.
The game contains 1 menus.
We are officially at 2.5k! So, only the prologue and chapter 1 are completed. Not bad for one nights work I might say. :p Too bad that only got 1 menu so far. :/ I recently got a sketch of Vivian that I will attach at the bottom of this post. I decided to switch to Falyne as the artist for this game. I will update the staff list soon enough!

Right now, the demo will include the prologue and chapter 1. So, it's the first 2.5k. :lol: So, the demo script is completed and we are moving to collecting resources for the game. I want to say that the demo will be out September maybe? If things goes right as it is. I will be looking for a couple of proofreaders that willing the read over, proof and give suggestions for the direction.

Stay tune for the next update. :D Probably in a couple of days!
Attachments
Protaganist_sketch.png
Last edited by Zatch on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Enigma
Veteran

#5 Post by Enigma »

Lol renpy, 1 menus.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the demo.

squark
Veteran
Completed: Tour de Pharmacy (Proofreader), The Abandoned Land: Book One (Proofreader)
Projects: Raven Hollow (Core Coder, Proofreader), The Universal Hope (Core Coder, Proofreader)
Organization: FlareBlue Entertainment

#6 Post by squark »

As am I. This looks to have a good story to tell.
Without communication, nothing is possible.
"All we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

I stand amid the roar
Of a surf-tormented shore"
-- Edgar Allen Poe, "A Dream Within A Dream"
Current Projects:
Universal Hope Stalled
Raven Hollow (on hold for now)
Peace and Love,
Squark

Asuka Shinota-chi
Completed: In the Name of Love and DotA
Projects: In the Name of Love and DotA the Second Login

#7 Post by Asuka Shinota-chi »

really nice chars...did you draw it yourself?

cladinpink
Regular

#8 Post by cladinpink »

This looks and sounds promising! I look forward to seeing how the other love interests look~

I'd be willing to help with proof-reading :3