Kimeru - to decide [Drama, Friendship] - Dropped

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Reyire
Regular
Completed: Seraph & Hellion
Projects: Kimeru: to decide
Organization: Kira Kira Candy

Re: Kimeru - to decide [All, Dating) WIP - Sprites updated!

#16 Post by Reyire »

chocojax wrote:Awww, Mirae looks cute! She looks pretty mature. x: Eym gonna get her, best character.
Also, for Hayden, why is it unlucky for him to have a knack for passing courses? If he does, then why unlucky, lool. Are you saying that it's a bad trait to have for him since he's willing to do nothing to fail? x:!?
Well, if he failed then he'd make his dad mad, which he enjoys doing. xD But he doesn't fail. And yey I'm glad you like Mirae! c8 And I think it's a good trait to have, I suppose he just has convoluted thinking. xD
ShadowBerry wrote:Hm well it sounds interesting but I have a question.
When the maincharacter is genderless and won't have a sprite, how are you going to make the CGs? All without the main person?
I mean, you made it a dating game, right?
It's challenging and I'm still slightly debating on changing my mind about deciding to do this. But the CGs will be POV shots, if I go through with this, which I currently plan to. Thanks for the interest~
- I play any type of romance VN: BxG, GxB, GxG, BxB. Love is love. -

Neko-chan

#17 Post by Neko-chan »

OMG. I am utterly shocked. Not once have I thought that I'd ever see the name 'Mirae' on a VN. I got all excited inside when I saw that one of the character's name was Mirae because, Mirae is my name. I use to complain about how when I go to souvenir stores, they would never have my name on those little keychains. Anyway, enough about my name! I think this VN sounds interesting. I like the idea of the MC being genderless. I guess it makes things more easy. I usually don't post on lemma and just stalk the forum and keep my opinions to myself, but seeing 'Mirae' as a name of a character really got me excited so I just had to post. Good luck with the VN!

Reyire
Regular

#18 Post by Reyire »

Neko-chan wrote:OMG. I am utterly shocked. Not once have I thought that I'd ever see the name 'Mirae' on a VN. I got all excited inside when I saw that one of the character's name was Mirae because, Mirae is my name. I use to complain about how when I go to souvenir stores, they would never have my name on those little keychains. Anyway, enough about my name! I think this VN sounds interesting. I like the idea of the MC being genderless. I guess it makes things more easy. I usually don't post on lemma and just stalk the forum and keep my opinions to myself, but seeing 'Mirae' as a name of a character really got me excited so I just had to post. Good luck with the VN!
That is like, insanely cool. That's honestly another name I pulled out of my head, where I have a large resource of unconventional names. I originally made that her name as a placeholder and the more I thought about it, the more the name fit her and I decided to keep it. And I know exactly how you feel. My name is Jocelyn and it's never on any of those annoying keychains either! But thank you so much and thank you for posting! I'm very happy I kept her name that now. (:

Destiny
Veteran
Projects: Cards of Destiny, Sky Eye

#19 Post by Destiny »

ShadowBerry wrote:Hm well it sounds interesting but I have a question.
When the maincharacter is genderless and won't have a sprite, how are you going to make the CGs? All without the main person?
I mean, you made it a dating game, right?
That isn't so hard.
The CGs can be First Person View. The MC remains unseen but the CGs can still be very intense.
Love Blossom Extended works with that.
And it was a good game, so I don't see any problem with that :)
Cards of Destiny (WIP) / Sky Eye (WIP)

Reyire
Regular

Re: Kimeru - to decide [All, Dating) WIP - Updated!

#20 Post by Reyire »

Bump for great justice~ no, just an update. Haha. Finished sprites on first page. (:

Nisey

#21 Post by Nisey »

What an interesting premise! I think this is one of the first VN's I'll look forward to because of the provocative story. And, of course, the art is beautiful :P

Reyire
Regular

#22 Post by Reyire »

Nisey wrote:What an interesting premise! I think this is one of the first VN's I'll look forward to because of the provocative story. And, of course, the art is beautiful :P
Thank you so much!

Also, I've updated the first post with updated completion percentages and GUI and in-game screenshots. (:

Reyire
Regular

Re: Kimeru - to decide [Dating, Friendship] WIP - 8/8 Update

#23 Post by Reyire »

Very small update. And a small note/question:

My game focuses a lot on not only inward mental/emotional problems but also problems that come from an outside source and dealing with them and is not just a regular dating game. I can't really think of a genre title to put that under. I'm not quite sure if writing "dating" is correct. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

chocojax
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Umbra, Familiarity, Maleficent Justice
Tumblr: chocojax

#24 Post by chocojax »

Reyire wrote:My game focuses a lot on not only inward mental/emotional problems but also problems that come from an outside source and dealing with them and is not just a regular dating game. I can't really think of a genre title to put that under. I'm not quite sure if writing "dating" is correct. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
I'm honestly trying to think up of something here, but I can't really find anything. :/
Just things like, [Dealing with Problems] which is a pretty bad genre title, haha.

Characters in stories usually deal with their problems as the story goes on, and is a given. x: Which would be assumed with your story, especially since the MC is dealing with mental problems.
Maybe you could try [Treatment], but I can't really think of a single word that would describe that. x:

Reyire
Regular

#25 Post by Reyire »

chocojax wrote:
Reyire wrote:My game focuses a lot on not only inward mental/emotional problems but also problems that come from an outside source and dealing with them and is not just a regular dating game. I can't really think of a genre title to put that under. I'm not quite sure if writing "dating" is correct. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
I'm honestly trying to think up of something here, but I can't really find anything. :/
Just things like, [Dealing with Problems] which is a pretty bad genre title, haha.

Characters in stories usually deal with their problems as the story goes on, and is a given. x: Which would be assumed with your story, especially since the MC is dealing with mental problems.
Maybe you could try [Treatment], but I can't really think of a single word that would describe that. x:
Haha, yeah, "dealing with problems" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, eh? I may just have to leave it as is .. I'll think more on it. But I appreciate the response. (:

Rin
Regular
Projects: Kaguya-hime, La Cage, Puella Magi Ibuki Magica, The Product of Poison
Organization: Kaguya-hime developer, TwinTurtle, Polymorphic

#26 Post by Rin »

Misae's design looks so cuteee~
And I love the introduction of the game about decision making (I'm kinda in an irl situation where decision making and stuffs plays a very important part so your intro caught my attention at first sight *w*), also the fact that we can choose MC's gender. On second thoughts I'd like to see the MC's face while playing, but it'd mean a lot of work for you in scripting and CG-ing so... yea, I'm fine with it : D

Good luck and keep up the good work guys~ I'll definitely keep my eyes on this ^w^

Reyire
Regular

#27 Post by Reyire »

Rin wrote:Misae's design looks so cuteee~
And I love the introduction of the game about decision making (I'm kinda in an irl situation where decision making and stuffs plays a very important part so your intro caught my attention at first sight *w*), also the fact that we can choose MC's gender. On second thoughts I'd like to see the MC's face while playing, but it'd mean a lot of work for you in scripting and CG-ing so... yea, I'm fine with it : D

Good luck and keep up the good work guys~ I'll definitely keep my eyes on this ^w^
Somehow I never saw this and answered, gah I'm sorry. But gaah thank you so much, and actually a decision like that that I made recently partly inspired the game so I can associate! I've been working on finishing up a collab game, but when that's finished, Kimeru will have my full attention again. ^^ Thank you for posting!

Reyire
Regular

Re: Kimeru - to decide [Drama, Friendship] WIP - Updated

#28 Post by Reyire »

Code: Select all

The game contains 1,850 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 16,665 words,
for an average of 9.0 words per screen.
The game contains 22 menus.
Finished scripting Norah's path. Onto Asric's, woohoo~

AshenhartKrie
Veteran
Tumblr: ashenhartkrie

#29 Post by AshenhartKrie »

Yay~ I really am looking forward to when this is finished, I really like the look of it, although I've probably already told you. I suppose you could call the genre conflict, or inner turmoil maybe.

tired. grumpy. queer
*uses he/him pronouns*

Reyire
Regular

#30 Post by Reyire »

AshenhartKrie wrote:Yay~ I really am looking forward to when this is finished, I really like the look of it, although I've probably already told you. I suppose you could call the genre conflict, or inner turmoil maybe.
Thanks again! And yeeee the genre has been giving me trouble for forever. XD