Sacred Sand [BxB] [Fantasy] [Complete]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SilverHyena
Veteran
Completed: Sacred Sand (BxB), Mira's Magical Mishap (GxG), Ben and the Devil, Cute Demon Crashers (GxB/G) (18+), Heirs and Graces (BxB), My Magical Divorce Bureau (AllxAll), Essence Hunt (BxB)
Deviantart: http://silverhyena.d
itch: https://silverhyena.

Sacred Sand [BxB] [Fantasy] [Complete]

#1 Post by SilverHyena »

Update 9/4: I finally finished it. You can download the game here:
http://www.4shared.com/zip/wQ_9-nDe/Sac ... d-all.html?

Genre: Fantasy
Pairings: Mainly BxB, One BxG pairing possible (But you have to go through a lot of bxb stuff to get to it.)
Endings: 21 (Seriously. And some have small variations depending on previous choices.)
Status: Done! Let's just hope there aren't any mistakes... Agh.
--- Sprites: 100% complete; Script: 100% complete (Though I might make more tweaks); CGs: 100% complete; compiling crud: 100% Testing: 100%
Plot:

Lorr is a merchant who is currently set up at an outpost in order to help supply the Gradoan army. The outpost was set up in an attempt to put a halt to the recent attacks made on the main city by the Shaherons, a tribe of people that live in the desert. The reasons for this sudden increase in violence is unknown, but that's hardly Lorr's problem--until the outpost gets raided and he ends up being captured by none other than the second prince of Shaheron.

Notes:
- Though there a lot of characters that are obtainable most of them only have one or two endings. This is because the original plan was to make a game where Rhael and Aydin were the only romanceable options. Thus, those two characters have a disproportionate amount of endings.
- None of the endings are bad ones (There are some that are better than others, but that's beside the point). I know some people won't like that, but hear me out. I wanted to make a game where you could feel free to choose whatever options you wanted and not be punished for picking the option you would naturally. I want to encourage people to go through the game picking the options they want and, hopefully in the process, give them as personalized an experience as possible in a vn with a set amount of endings.
- If you followed the old thread, you'll notice that the character sprites are different. I lost most of the old ones. I wish I could say that was because my computer was being stupid, but it's on me (I accidentally deleted stuff when I was clearing off my computer). Thus, the new sprites. Hopefully they look better.
- There is no music. I wanted to do this project completely by myself and unfortunately, I'm not musically inclined. At one point I was going to try adding music, but at this point, I just want to get it done.
Characters:
(Sorry in advance for the length of this post.)

Name: Lorr (Player Character)
A merchant who normally sells his wares at the capital. He has switched up his routine and is now providing supplies for the Gradoan army. Lorr is normally anti-war, but at this point he just wants the fighting to stop so that his "brother" Aydin will be safe. He hopes that by doing his part, he'll speed up that process. Personality wise, Lorr is easy to get along with, even if he is a bit crass at times. He knows several languages and can hold his own in a drinking contest.

Obtainables (Even if they shouldn't be):

Name: Charlos
One of the soldiers that Lorr has befriended. They share a love of drinking and making fun of each other. He's generally optimistic, but often worries about the wife he left back home. He fears that she'll leave him because he's always away from home due to his job.

Name: Aydin
A high ranking soldier in the Gradoan army. Aydin seems rather stoic and unsociable, but the truth is he's just shy. The exception to this is when he's with Lorr. The two of them were raised together and brought up as brothers even though Aydin's parents are nobility while Lorr's mother was only a maid for their manor. Aydin is a master with a sword and won't hesitate to come to Lorr's defense.

Name: Merris
One of the more powerful Generals in the Gradoan army. Aydin works under him. He may come off as heartless, but that is not necessarily the case. He just lets efficiency and practicality overshadow his nicer emotions. He is tired of the war and will do just about anything to end it so he and his soldiers can go home.

Name: Rhael
A cocky Shaheron prince who happens to be an excellent marksman with a bow. He's a bit on the spoiled side and sleeps around with no regards to gender. No one really cares though as he's the second son and thus, not in line for the throne. Surprisingly enough, he is actually a very intellectual being versed in many forms of literature and song. More importantly, he can actually speak the Gradoan language.

Name: Learah
A Shaheron merchant who specializes in selling flowers. She's materialistic and makes no real effort to hide this fact. She gets along with Rhael rather well, even though she picks on him a lot.

Name: Keral
Rhael's father and king of Shaheron. He continuously chastises Rhael's actions and makes it clear that he thinks that Rhael is wasting his time on meaningless pursuits.

Name: ???
A secret character who is also obtainable. Side note: He's gorgeous.

If you guys have any suggestions related to programming stuff and you know how to do what you're suggesting, it would be awesome if you took the time to tell me how to do it because I'm a serious noob when it comes to programming.

Last edited by SilverHyena on Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:13 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Destiny
Veteran
Projects: Cards of Destiny, Sky Eye

Re: Sacred Sand [BxB] [Fantasy]

#2 Post by Destiny »

The sprites look fine, even though I'm totally against people with mustaches xDDD
The story so far sounds interesting too.
And over 20 endings? Holy and I thought only I am so insane xD

Well, I will wait for it :3
For now I will download the demo from the old thread ^^
Cards of Destiny (WIP) / Sky Eye (WIP)

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

#3 Post by Obscura »

Yaaaaay! I was wondering what had happened to this! I enjoyed your demo so much!!! Hope you get this out this year!!!
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by try10 »

OMG!!!! I'm so happy to see that this game hasn't been dropped.
I LOVED the demo so much and I was wondering if the game was going to be finished someday. :D

Thank you very much for your hard work! *dances* :D

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

#5 Post by Anna »

I liked it, but I think I'm being biased by those adorable sprites :D.

The only thing which really bothered me was the way it ended, because of this: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TapOnTheHead

So, knocking someone unconscious like that is actually very dangerous! ^^;

Anyway, good luck on completing this!

SilverHyena
Veteran
Completed: Sacred Sand (BxB), Mira's Magical Mishap (GxG), Ben and the Devil, Cute Demon Crashers (GxB/G) (18+), Heirs and Graces (BxB), My Magical Divorce Bureau (AllxAll), Essence Hunt (BxB)

#6 Post by SilverHyena »

@Destiny: Haha. I'm actually with you. I'm not into the mustaches so much, but I whimsically decided to give Charlos one. Maybe it's because he might have been taken as a serious candidate without it. I think he would have been too good looking without it. *Strokes chin thoughtfully* Aaaaanyway, yeah. I totally went overboard on the endings and am paying the price for it. I think next time I'll settle for a simple vn with 10 endings max.

@Obscura: Life, school, other obligations... I'm sure you know the story. Anyway, I've graduated and am between jobs so all I have is time right now. Thanks for the support. I'll do my best! I really want to get this project done (That's why I finally gave myself a deadline)! It's been at the bottom of my priorities list for too long!

@try10: Aww, thanks! You're too kind! I'm sorry I disappeared for so long. I don't deserve you guys. Anyway, I promise to work harder so I can finally get it done.

@Anna: You know, you have a point. I never really thought about it before. Unfortunately, it's the most convenient way to move the plot forward so it'll probably stay unless I think of something clever that will work in it's place. Maybe I'll add some dialogue acknowledging the danger of it or something... That could work. Either way, I'll keep it in mind for any future projects. Anyway, thanks for the feedback! :D

Destiny
Veteran

#7 Post by Destiny »

If you need someone getting knocked out without using modern drugs, then how about some sort of natural drug :)
Making the victim eat, drink or breathe a hypnotic drug made out of plants or mushrooms ^^
I remember seeing a documentary that someone back in about 1000 AD was "send to sleep" by being captured in a room and because of that had to breathe a special smoke that came from some poisonus mushrooms.
It isn't lethal, can only become dangerous when being in the smoke for hours and it went fast.

So if it is somewhat possible (sorry, still hadn't had the chance to play it so I have no idea what the scene is exactly about), you can maybe make the character being forced to eat/dring/breath a narcotic product made from some kind of flower, mushroom or chemical gotten from ore, metal or crystals.

Would at least be more healthy then getting your head smashed in %D

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by Applegate »

I'm not that into BxB, but I like Fantasy and those character designs are pretty cool. I like the armour on the general. Is the game centred mostly on the relationships and "obtaining" a guy, or can you also "pursue" a guy just to read the plot related to him and enjoy the story without bedding anyone?

SilverHyena
Veteran

#9 Post by SilverHyena »

@Destiny: Thanks for the advice. I had dabbled in that line of thinking, but there is actually a problem with going that route.
Rhael wasn't prepared at all so hitting Lorr over the head was a spur of the moment thing.
I'll think about it some more though. Maybe I can make it work. ...Actually, I'm starting to get an idea that might work. I'll have to do a little bit of rewriting, but that might be the way to go. Anyway, back on topic, thanks.

@Applegate: It's not really focused on romance, but you won't be able to avoid it completely (In most cases you won't be able to avoid getting kissed by Rhael.) It isn't an adult game so it doesn't really go beyond that in most cases. Honestly though, it probably wouldn't be your cup of tea. Sorry Applegate.

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by Applegate »

A little BxB doesn't make me squirm. As long as it isn't focused on trying to woo someone's heart I'm pretty much fine with reading anything that's interesting. Well, good luck with the project regardless.

Alopex

#11 Post by Alopex »

I enjoyed it a ton so far! Aydin and Lorr are a super cute pair and Rhael looks hot as hell. I also like the looks of Learah. Woo non-standard options!

The tap on the head thing is pretty standard even if it is kind of bad. I'm okay with it as long as the text makes it clear that it's a terrible idea; Rhael does come off as kind of impulsive and dumb for doing it.

kyoli

#12 Post by kyoli »

totally drooling over one of the attainable characters! i really wan to play!
i prefer GxB but i can't resist a cute boy even if i am claiming him while playing as a guy.

SilverHyena
Veteran

#13 Post by SilverHyena »

I worked my butt off and did a bunch of cgs these past few days. I am now 40% complete with the cgs! (And I attached one of them for your amusement. I think it's my favorite.)

Replies:

@Applegate: Ah, well then you might be okay. I kind of dislike protagonists that can only think about romance and getting someone to like them so I tend to avoid that in whatever I do. Lorr's mind is pretty much always on solving the problems that he gets involved in so he shouldn't be annoying like that (hopefully). Maybe just try the game when I finish it. It might not end up being your thing, but hey, it's going to be free so there isn't any harm in trying, right? P.S. I highly approve of your avatar pic. I meant to say it in the last few posts, but I totally forgot. (I really love the Suikoden series)

@Alopex: Thanks! You have Merris to thank for all the non-traditional options. He ended up being too hot so I gave him an ending and then, deciding to be fair to the other characters, I wrote endings for them too. Maybe I should have just made him an ugly old man. *Sigh* (I actually really like the Charlos endings for some reason though. :P) Anyway, I did end up changing that part thanks to Destiny's post. I thought about it again, and now the problem is solved and it ties in with a later plot point (which I think is super exciting).

@Kyoli: Ooh? Which one? :D I like all of them (even the weird ones) so it's interesting to which ones other people like best! And I can respect your logic! If there is a cute, claimable guy you just have to go for it. ;D
Attachments
I swear, there are serious pics too... Those ones just tend to contain spoilers. :P
I swear, there are serious pics too... Those ones just tend to contain spoilers. :P

Destiny
Veteran

#14 Post by Destiny »

Pfftchahahaha
That CG is awesome :'D
I see your game will definitly not lack humour ^__^

try10
Miko-Class Veteran