The Universal Hope(otome, fantasy,Mythology)[GxB]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: The Universal Hope(otome, fantasy,Mythology)[GxB]

#106 Post by LVUER »

I'm waiting for either the demo script or battle engine script so I know what to draw. Anyway, here's a picture of Phi. Which one do you like? Left one or right one?
Attachments
Phi-01.png
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Mickychi
Veteran
Projects: Current: Prologue: Caged Bird

#107 Post by Mickychi »

Just noticed something that had me pausing,
"5 great beautiful warriors of the distant future have been resurrected as normal human beings."
Shouldn't future be past?
Check out my WIP Prologue: Caged Bird!

squark
Veteran
Completed: Tour de Pharmacy (Proofreader), The Abandoned Land: Book One (Proofreader)
Projects: Raven Hollow (Core Coder, Proofreader), The Universal Hope (Core Coder, Proofreader)
Organization: FlareBlue Entertainment

#108 Post by squark »

@ LVUER:
Having trouble with the battle engine. Doesn't crash, but doesn't work properly either. Still working on that. I'll get it to you as soon as I can. Trying to wrangle it into working. The status frame and equipment work, though, so that's good. If I try something else, I'll probably be back to square one. But I'm not exactly being left with much choice.

So very tired. Will tackle this (again) tomorrow when I'm awake enough for it.
Without communication, nothing is possible.
"All we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

I stand amid the roar
Of a surf-tormented shore"
-- Edgar Allen Poe, "A Dream Within A Dream"
Current Projects:
Universal Hope Stalled
Raven Hollow (on hold for now)
Peace and Love,
Squark

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#109 Post by LVUER »

squark wrote:@ LVUER:
Having trouble with the battle engine. Doesn't crash, but doesn't work properly either. Still working on that. I'll get it to you as soon as I can. Trying to wrangle it into working. The status frame and equipment work, though, so that's good. If I try something else, I'll probably be back to square one. But I'm not exactly being left with much choice.

So very tired. Will tackle this (again) tomorrow when I'm awake enough for it.
It's ok even if it doesn't work properly. I only need to know what kind of graphics I need to make.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

michi 18
Veteran
Completed: none at the moment's notice
Projects: The Universal Hope;Wisdom Revival
Organization: Pridal Heavens Inc.

#110 Post by michi 18 »

@Mickychi thanks for pointing that one out . Id be editing it.

@LVUER , I cant send the script to you because my computer wont allow it. So I asked squark to send it to you . Both are very pretty.

@squark , dont push yourself.

Good luckto us guys!
Projects: (I hope you'll support them ) Wisdom Revivalhttp://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=16488 and Universal Hope (Uni-H)http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=16452.

squark
Veteran
Completed: Tour de Pharmacy (Proofreader), The Abandoned Land: Book One (Proofreader)
Projects: Raven Hollow (Core Coder, Proofreader), The Universal Hope (Core Coder, Proofreader)

#111 Post by squark »

Well, it took me a while but I'm finally done editing and proofing the demo script. Didn't have have to make too many changes (but some things just didn't make sense). Once I get sent the images there'll actually be something to look at.
I've sent on the Source Files to Michi and LVUER. This way, if I've missed something, or something just has to be changed, it can be done.
Apologies for my zealous use of commas.

Oh, and Michi: Equipment works (so armour and weapons work fine, and additions to the inventory are good to go) but still trying to figure out how to grant special effects (like fire resistance) to pieces.

EDIT: Typos.
EDIT II: The demo running files have music where it suits (so, basically just the battle music is in place), and I'm not sure the text box works properly. I may have to resize and try to lock it.
"All we see or seem

I stand amid the roar
Current Projects:
Universal Hope Stalled
Peace and Love,
Squark

destiny_921
Regular
Completed: Closure [KN]
Projects: The Universal Hope (writer, WIP)

#112 Post by destiny_921 »

*climbs out of RL swamp after who-knows-how-long at last*

I'm surprised that I managed to drag myself out...

michi, I just sent you an update on Oscar's path. I hope to make it as long as Nicholas's by the end of the week *fingers crossed*
“Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try”
– Dr. Seuss

::Completed:: Closure (KN)
::WIPs:: The Universal Hope

::Misc::
Writing Guide

michi 18
Veteran

#113 Post by michi 18 »

Thanks guys for the hard work!
Wow, I love you guys so much for updating !
I wish we can finish it by next year .
Projects: (I hope you'll support them ) Wisdom Revivalhttp://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=16488 and Universal Hope (Uni-H)http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=16452.

squark
Veteran

#114 Post by squark »

Quick question; who's developing Jonathan's path? I did notice a small problem, which I've already notified Michi about.
I'd like to have it fixed ASAP, so I can forward the fix to the rest of the team.

# Azure, I can send you on the next demo build, if you want. There's a couple of small issues that I've got left to sort out. Basic functionality (I think) works. I'm not quite sure, as I was all fired up to get it ready before Christmas ^^
"All we see or seem

I stand amid the roar
Current Projects:
Universal Hope Stalled
Peace and Love,
Squark

michi 18
Veteran

#115 Post by michi 18 »

Luminar is the one making Jonathan's path .

squark
Veteran

#116 Post by squark »

Good news, bad news and bork news.

Good news: Textbox overflow bug fixed, rearranging the dialogue to fit.
Bad news: It'll take quite some time. Also, the bottom-left corner of the textbox makes it very, very awkward. Lastly, while I can try to place some padding to move it to the right, it'll move all of the text to the right, not just the last line (but I think there must be a way of doing that... not just inserting spaces). And all the text includes the speaker names. *sigh* I love the textbox art. But it's not being nice to me.
Bork news: I've been trying out a few things and have broken my own code. Fixing it now.

So I'll be out of communication for a while. If there's any more text to put in *nudges Luminar gently*, don't hesitate to send it over.

Thankfully, there's a lot of this year left.
"All we see or seem

I stand amid the roar
Current Projects:
Universal Hope Stalled
Peace and Love,
Squark

Luminar
Regular

#117 Post by Luminar »

@LVUER-
I like your drawing style. ;D It's really cute. As for your question on which Phi I like, I like the right one better because she looks weak and fragile. It makes me feel like giving her a hug.

@Squark-
O.o Wow, I feel like hugging you so much. I'm so sorry for small problem on Jonathan's path before. ;A; I'll try my best not to repeat any mistakes so that I can ease your burden. You seem to be working very hard and I just want to say that your hard work is appreciated. I feel like I didn't work hard enough compared to you. ;D I'll try to be more active this year, for sure.

@ Michi- I've added some text for the demo ;P My writing style has changed a bit and I hope my grammar is improving, I don't really want to trouble anyone anymore.
'I would like to become the dark,
So that I may hide away and make everyone else shine.'

'You lose yourself trying to hold onto someone who doesn't care about losing you.'

I'm afraid that I'll be a book that no one reads,
Music that no one listens to anymore,
I'm afraid I'll be abandoned like a movie playing in an empty theater

squark
Veteran

#118 Post by squark »

*can't help but wear a huge smile right now*
You've made my mid-afternoon, Luminar. Thanks!
I was reading over Jonathan's path, and you're working hard enough. It's quite lovely, what you've done. Everyone's doing a stellar job. ^^v

@ Everyone:
Although I am quite happy to do corrections involving text, - don't get me wrong - try to keep paragraphs at or around three lines. I had to fix the text box to a size, and any more than that will run off screen, never to be seen again.
I'm also chucking little notes all over the source code, so if you want to see them, let me know. I'll bung over the source.
The rearranging work is almost complete. Four or five more sheets and it's done.
Luminar wrote:I don't really want to trouble anyone anymore.
It's no trouble at all, really! All you can do is your best. Nobody can ask for more than that ^^
"All we see or seem

I stand amid the roar
Current Projects:
Universal Hope Stalled
Peace and Love,
Squark

Luminar
Regular

#119 Post by Luminar »

@Squark-
Glad I've made your mid-afternoon. ;3 Thank you, I'll work even harder this time. around. ;D Currently writing the script after the demo. Just gonna send it over later when we've settled the whole demo business. ;D
Good luck in coding though. It seems to be quite hard, or maybe it's just me that isn't really good at coding. xDDD
'I would like to become the dark,
So that I may hide away and make everyone else shine.'

'You lose yourself trying to hold onto someone who doesn't care about losing you.'

I'm afraid that I'll be a book that no one reads,
Music that no one listens to anymore,
I'm afraid I'll be abandoned like a movie playing in an empty theater

michi 18
Veteran

#120 Post by michi 18 »

Luminar,Squark : I think Im gonna be giving free hugs because of you two.

Anyways, squark, has Luminar given you the script update? Oh and I forgot to say, Im so excited in Jonathan's path! Update me more!!!
Gah! *faints*

Back to being my normal me ....

Id try to make a super cheesy scene between Phi and Therens .... and give you guys a sneak peek of it butsince MT exams, intramurals , and finals are coming , Im betting Id be doing that by this March/April.

I hope that's fine with you guys. =)

Dont worry , Im still active just not that active on the script on Therens' part and Luther's(the whole story full game script) now.

AndLuminar, you were never a trouble. =)

Thanks to you guys who support this, I've been receiving request of voice actors last year and lemme tell ya, I appreciate it really , I think we all do . Im just thinking that it would be better to release it in another version of the full game maybe a version 2 or something. So the guys whom want to help out in the voice acting tell me but let us see what we can do okay?
Squark, that is alright right?