The Universal Hope(otome, fantasy,Mythology)[GxB]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
squark
Veteran
Completed: Tour de Pharmacy (Proofreader), The Abandoned Land: Book One (Proofreader)
Projects: Raven Hollow (Core Coder, Proofreader), The Universal Hope (Core Coder, Proofreader)
Organization: FlareBlue Entertainment

Re: The Universal Hope(otome, fantasy,Mythology)[GxB]

#136 Post by squark »

Michi, I've already slotted in everything you've sent me, so it's not necessary to resend everything. It'd be appreciated though - in case something goes catastrophically wrong.

Regarding the Battle System:
I put out a general request so anyone interested could get in touch. No replies yet, however. As soon as there's anyone interested, I'll be sure to let you know.

Kind of encouraging, though. So far, 107 views and some have downloaded the text descriptions of the system we'd like.
Without communication, nothing is possible.
"All we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

I stand amid the roar
Of a surf-tormented shore"
-- Edgar Allen Poe, "A Dream Within A Dream"
Current Projects:
Universal Hope Stalled
Raven Hollow (on hold for now)
Peace and Love,
Squark

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#137 Post by LVUER »

Ah, please wait several days for progress report. I'm currently quite busy with RL (it's exam season so I'm pretty busy especially with grading tons of exam papers).
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

squark
Veteran
Completed: Tour de Pharmacy (Proofreader), The Abandoned Land: Book One (Proofreader)
Projects: Raven Hollow (Core Coder, Proofreader), The Universal Hope (Core Coder, Proofreader)

#138 Post by squark »

Text insertion of the latest update is going well. I would still like to point out that text is underflowing on the last line of the text box. It curves, and that creates problems with insertion. Now, I realise that it's most likely possible to fix it up without needing a whole new text box. Just not sure how.

I got a reply to my request for a system! I was afraid I'd overexplained everything... And I was right. Must get to work on boiling it down to the core mechanics. Back later ^^
"All we see or seem

I stand amid the roar
Current Projects:
Universal Hope Stalled
Peace and Love,
Squark

michi 18
Veteran
Completed: none at the moment's notice
Projects: The Universal Hope;Wisdom Revival
Organization: Pridal Heavens Inc.

#139 Post by michi 18 »

Id try to send you the script after my exams since our exams are coming up . Itd be on monday so I might not be on.

LVUER, sure . Send it to me or post it here .
Projects: (I hope you'll support them ) Wisdom Revivalhttp://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=16488 and Universal Hope (Uni-H)http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=16452.

destiny_921
Regular
Completed: Closure [KN]
Projects: The Universal Hope (writer, WIP)

#140 Post by destiny_921 »

I'm having my semester finals soon, so I'm afraid I'll have to focus on studies until they're over. I'll work on the routes from time to time when possible though.
“Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try”
– Dr. Seuss

::Completed:: Closure (KN)
::WIPs:: The Universal Hope

::Misc::
Writing Guide

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#141 Post by LVUER »

destiny_921 wrote:I'm having my semester finals soon, so I'm afraid I'll have to focus on studies until they're over. I'll work on the routes from time to time when possible though.
Same here, that's why I'm really busy right now. And after finals is over, I have tons of papers to grade (T__T)
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

InvertMouse
Regular
Completed: Unhack
Organization: InvertMouse

#142 Post by InvertMouse »

Any VN with a battle system is always interesting to me. The characters look cute! Those costumes remind me a bit of Sky Girls from quite a few years ago. Hope the project goes well :)!

michi 18
Veteran

#143 Post by michi 18 »

@InvertMouse: Thank you for your support.

@LVUER , @destiny_92: I understand both ofyour situations. I too only have 3 weeks of vacation left after finishing my advanced classes but am now sick because I caught the flu but I too would try to update my script but it might take a while.

@squark :Would you mind if I ask you to do me a favor of checking what endings on Therens' part have I got missing? I mean like some parts in the script where I forgot to fill in a few additional script ? If you get what I mean....
Projects: (I hope you'll support them ) Wisdom Revivalhttp://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=16488 and Universal Hope (Uni-H)http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=16452.

squark
Veteran

#144 Post by squark »

@ InvertMouse:
Thanks, but coding an efficient and workable Battle/Inventory/Spoils System is a little beyond me right now. I'm waiting for someone to like the idea enough to write one for us T_T

@ Michi:
I don't mind in the slightest. I'll get right to it. I should be able to reply by tomorrow evening ^^
Just take it a little easier. 'Flu is a pretty weak virus, so it'll only take a couple of days to get over it. Gah, sometimes I'm so clumsy with words! What I mean is (and pardon the cliché), Get Better Soon!
"All we see or seem

I stand amid the roar
Current Projects:
Universal Hope Stalled
Peace and Love,
Squark

michi 18
Veteran

#145 Post by michi 18 »

@squark , thank you verymuch. Id be sure to get better soon. I dont have a fever now but I still have a bit of a cold. Id be waiting for your reply and start to continue working on it so that when finished, I can send to you the whole complete script of Therens' path.

squark
Veteran

#146 Post by squark »

Sorry I've been out of touch for this long.
Been pretty sick with a Summer Cold for a while now, but at least I'm on the mend.
Also had a little issue with the latest Ren'Py. For some reason Editra stopped letting me edit, and I had to reinstall Java for JEdit to work. (As I don't much fancy using Notepad++ for this)

Anyway, the show must go on!
"All we see or seem

I stand amid the roar
Current Projects:
Universal Hope Stalled
Peace and Love,
Squark

michi 18
Veteran

#147 Post by michi 18 »

I too have been very busy these past few months since Im almost entering college . Dont worry guys though , Im still updating Therens script but squark , can I ask , have you already sent methe things I asked you about Therens ' path?

@LVUER , how's the art going?

squark
Veteran

#148 Post by squark »

What was it again? Dead ends? There's nothing specific to him that will lead nowhere... Not like *coughoscarcough* ;) But seriously, there's only a small amount of text left to insert. Nothing else besides small language corrections.

@ destiny:
Would you mind reading over your work to date (when you have the time), so there's no dead ends? I'd rather not have to disable a choice because of a silly omission :)
"All we see or seem

I stand amid the roar
Current Projects:
Universal Hope Stalled
Peace and Love,
Squark

michi 18
Veteran

#149 Post by michi 18 »

That's good then. LVUER, how's the work on the art going?