Waxwing[otome, fantasy, commercial] Hiatus

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Mimi_Melody
Veteran

Re: Waxwing[otome, Fantasy, commercial] IMPORTANT UPDATE

#136 Post by Mimi_Melody »

Wow, don't worry xD
I'll save up money until then~ Your art is just as amazing as the professional Japanese otome games :D
You have my support <3 And wide screen 1352x768 seems greattttt~ *whistle....bah seriously I can't whistle :|*

destiny_921
Regular
Completed: Closure [KN]
Projects: The Universal Hope (writer, WIP)

#137 Post by destiny_921 »

I'm not going to lie, I had been looking forward to playing this since the beginning - like when you started the thread.

But I can't afford it, nor can I do art trades and stuff for it cause I lack the ability to do so..

Seems like I won't be able to play this after all.

Wish you all the best though.
“Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try”
– Dr. Seuss

::Completed:: Closure (KN)
::WIPs:: The Universal Hope

::Misc::
Writing Guide

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#138 Post by mugenjohncel »

bunbun wrote:you will get around 100+ (excluding variation) original backgrounds
:shock: Oh my (In George Takei's voice)... That's.... a lot of BG's... :mrgreen:

"POOF" (Disappears)

shiho14
Regular

#139 Post by shiho14 »

To be honest I was disappointed that it's not free anymore since I have been stalking your progress since your started your project but I can understand that you made it commercial since the art is simply stunning! Thank you for making this big announcement to your fans and for letting us know :)

Since I barely have money to support myself right now, I won't have any chance to play this wonderful game anymore T_T

Still I wish you all the best on your future release and on your future projects as well! ^^

Rainbow Colors
Regular
Projects: Come Here Often?

#140 Post by Rainbow Colors »

The art is absolutely lovely. It's a pity that it's now a commercial game, but hey that's quite understandable. I can only hope to play this game someday ;__;

Other than that, I wish you the best in finishing this project!

~targetting every otome game at the speed of sound
(because if I did it at the speed of light, I'd be time travelling)

inhalance
Regular
Projects: Seasonal Melody ♬

#141 Post by inhalance »

I completely understand your decision for making the game commercial, and it's definitely a lot better than what is generally considered "commercial" quality in my opinion (: I can't wait to see this game get finished!
Offering proofreading help and writing assets.

Current WIP:

Arcanum
Veteran

#142 Post by Arcanum »

20$ seems an unfair price for so much content! You could definitely charge more for that, specially because the art & backgrounds are gorgeous. I'm looking forward to buy this one, it looks really polished <3 (just hope the dollar isn't so high u^u)

Reina-chan

#143 Post by Reina-chan »

Um, well I'll say it here, I was really happy to see such a great game that was free. I'm like...almost broke right now and there's a limit to what parents let me buy online. Being a student doesn't help much here.
But I'll still support you (sentimentally) and look forward to the updates. You deserve the money, you really work hard on the game and it seems really professionally made.
Good luck! Hope one day I can buy the game ;A;

jjworks

#144 Post by jjworks »

The art is gorgeous! And the GUI looks really polished and great. I'm looking forward to playing this. :) Keep up the good work and good luck!

Lyyli
Regular

#145 Post by Lyyli »

Wow, this looks sooooo stunning! I hope everything will work out well and that many will enjoy it! I will definitely support you and buy it :)
Meep.

khfan12
Regular
Completed: Clarity, a MH KN
Projects: "With You", Truculence

Re: Waxwing[otome, Fantasy, Story base] July22 page 9 update

#146 Post by khfan12 »

bunbun wrote:Waxwing is going to be a commercial game. If nothing goes wrong, the price will be 20usd. Donations for this game will be closed. I deeply apologize for fooling everyone saying it was free, but I didn’t mean to do so.
*Gasps* I might be able to buy this! :D
*does happy dance*
bunbun wrote:In exchange for paying 20usd, you will get around 100+ (excluding variation) original backgrounds like the samples above. You will also be able to enjoy a wide screen 1352x768 game resolution. To allow players to enjoy the graphics even more, you are able to hide or leave the menu on screen while playing (thanks to Arowana for helping me with the animation.)
Honestly, that's really good for paying just $20. Makes me really happy! ^^
I've been looking forward to this VN.
Even though I'm a little sad that it's commercial now, I think that the money will be well-spent.
Image <<My DeviantArt

Kinetic/Visual Novels:
Complete:
Clarity - MH KN- Solo Project
Projects:
With You (working title) - Lead Writer/Concept/ETC
Truculence- Concept Artist, Proofreader

bunbun
Regular

#147 Post by bunbun »

Replies

@KittyKatStar : Thank you so much! I will try my best to provide the best quality.

@Didules : Thank you for your understanding. It really warms my heart. Yes, as this game is going to be commercial, everything will be original. (background, sprite, music, arts, GUIs etc) except ren'py of course.
Definitely we will have a demo, which is planned to be up to chapter2.
I doubt anyone will dare to buy a game without demo right? :D

@Mimi_Melody : Thanks for your support! You really flatter me. I still have long way to go to be a professional ><
1352x768 wide screen is really good. I don't have to worry too much about character sprite squeezing in a box! (*≧ω≦)

@destiny_921 @shiho14 @Rainbow Colors @Reina-chan : Don't be too upset about not being able to play! I have plans to distribute a few copies for free through advertising/beta tester. Just make sure you keep a close watch on tumblr updates Cheer up, you might be one of the lucky one!

@mugenjohncel : Oh yeah I want to announce officially that Uncle Mugen is our background artist, although I think most people had guessed already.

@inhalance : Thank you very much ( ;∀;)
I am going to try my best to produce something everyone will consider commercial quality!

@Arcanum : Yay! I hope 20$ for a first game isn't too pricy, especially when people don't know how the writing is.
I will try my best to polish up though.

@jjworks : Thanks! Will try my best! ヽ(*>∀<*)ノ

@Lyyli : Thank you for your support. Hopefully I can finish the writing and start drawing so I can release the demo soon too!

@khfan12 : Awww you are so sweet (´ω`) (´ω`)
I hope your 20$ will be well spend as well, especially as I decided to have everything original and better quality~

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updates

For the past few weeks I've been remaking the GUIs to fit to the new resolution.
Yeah, bad idea to create GUI which fit 100% to the size of your game resolution...
Anyway it's done and I've put it into the game.
Thanks to Arowana for helping me with most of the coding!

This is just another teaser background of Anstice. Uncle Mugen is awesome!

Character design for Queen of Gods.

As for writing, Chapter10 for Rek, Recor and Taga is done. I am now writing the remaining 30% of Recor’s path on chapter11. I’m almost done with these 3 character’s paths, there is probably another 20-30% left to write! As for Shin and Sheol, I am still half way with them…Word count is probably190k. I’m sorry I’m starting to get lazy on counting the words…

Arowana also joined the group as an editor and proofreader.
That's all. See everyone on the next update.
WIPS

Green Glasses Girl
Veteran
Projects: Cavaliers & Carnivals
Tumblr: green-glasses

Re: Waxwing[otome, Fantasy, commercial] update Sept 9 pg10

#148 Post by Green Glasses Girl »

^Saw the above image on tumblr. What a lovely character design <3

Honest Critique

cirnolovell
Projects: A Touhou fan game
Organization: Komeiji Records

#149 Post by cirnolovell »

Do you guys need a music composer write you music~! I'm open for whatever you throw my way ^^ just PM me.

-Music composer Koishi

Aquane
Veteran

#150 Post by Aquane »

I already thought this game deserved to be commercial anyway, so doesn't really change my opinion at all. :P Glad to see that, honestly. This is way beyond the usual commercial game quality, very beautiful. I can say for sure I'll be buying this in the future. I'd even pay you for art lessons, hahah. Keep up the good work, still rooting for you. :3

Still, and I am not trying to pick a fight, if you can't afford to buy the game, that is fine.. but I'd feel pretty bad seeing all of those comments saying why said people can't afford it. Things happen and without it going commercial, the game might not happen at all... so... Maybe try and keep that to a minimum? It isn't polite imo.