Waxwing[otome, fantasy, commercial] Hiatus

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
shiho14
Regular

Re: Waxwing[otome, Fantasy, commercial] update Sept 9 pg10

#151 Post by shiho14 »

I don't know what's impolite saying we can't afford it because it's the truth. It's not an excuse why I'm saying I can't afford it because that's the reality for me as of now. I'm not discouraging the creator by saying it, in fact I admire her for making the announcement that's why I said Thank you to her because I know it's not an easy decision for her and also like I have said before I understand her reason for making it commercial since her art is simply stunning!

But if I ever did offend the creator for saying I can't afford it, I'm really sorry. I meant no disrespect, I was just giving out my honest feeling. I'm sorry bunbun if I offended you :(

Aquane
Veteran

#152 Post by Aquane »

I didn't mean to offend anyone myself, and by all means the majority took the news very well. :) Maybe it was just me that found a couple of the posts to be a bit awkward to read, then again it was pretty late at night, I could have been delusional. :P Anyway I'll keep my trap shut about that now and just cheer on bunbun!

bunbun
Regular

#153 Post by bunbun »

@Green Glasses Girl : Thank you for following the tumblr. ;_;
Thanks for the compliment, too!

@cirnolovell : I'm really happy to hear your interest in Waxwing. Unfortunately, we already have a composer. ^^; Good luck with your project though!

@Aquane : Thank you so much! I'll try to polish up even more.
It would be great if people support this game by buying it, but I really don't mind if they can't.
Afterall, I've announced it as a free game but made it commercial, I expected many to be disappointed.
I don't find them impolite or annoying at all. ^^
I just hope people who can't afford them don't go around trying to get a pirated version once it's out or there won't be a new game from me anymore hahaha...

@shiho14 : Don't worry about it! You didn't offend me. I don't think being honest and voicing what you want is bad. In fact, I like honest people.^^
I am not discouraged that you can't afford it too. Just don't pirate and I will be happy :D
Once again, thanks for stopping by to check out this thread (heart).

-----------------------
November update :

Sorry for the absence. Chap11 for Rek and Recor is complete. Total word count is 223k.
There will be an estimation of 20-30 songs and 100+backgrounds (my walletuncle mugen is going to cry) for this game. It wasn't a good idea to make Waxwing a vn at start already due to the amount of bg needed but I just want to get this story done.
Still, thanks to uncle mugen, I can get this project a step further and make it commercial.
Anyway, here is one of the bg fix uncle mugen did.
Lucia bg is almost complete but there are some fixing here and there.
I will show more teasers in the future, including music and voice.

Lastly, I used Recor for my sprite test experiment.
Hopefully I will improve once I am done with writing.
If not I will use this one ;_;
(I wanted to use Sheol but I thought I drew too many shota that people might suspect me as a shotacon<-. I am not very good at drawing adults too so it's good practice.)
WIPS

Armee
Veteran

Re: Waxwing[otome, fantasy, commercial] Nov 22 pg11

#154 Post by Armee »

Recor's sprites look nicer than before (don't end up remaking every pieces of art like me o3o it will take forever)
Your style seem familiar, a bit like Nameless game's art style.
I think I'm going to cry over the game's quality, it is totally worth it (though my wallet is going to cry too, I'm near the edge of being broke)

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#155 Post by Lesleigh63 »

Lovely looking VN. Nice to see the updates - let's everyone know it's still being worked on.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#156 Post by Rinima »

I am officially a stalker!
I haven't read though all the posts yet so this has probably been answered, but, this is going to be commercial right?
If so, do you have a price in mind or....?
Also, release date?
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

lemonokashi
Regular

#157 Post by lemonokashi »

This game looks amazing! I am very excited for it.
However, it may just be for friendship, but I see that the twin brother is in the applicable characters list. I have a twin and I know I'm probably wrong about this, but twincest or incest is really creepy (I might be more sensitive, having a twin). So if that is a romance option I strongly encourage revision, weather or not the relation is biological.
Once again the game looks amazing and I'm already part of the fan base. :)

Marie

#158 Post by Marie »

I love the art. I don't mind to pay $20 for it, with the amount of CGs you mentioned before...

LucaMadison
Regular
Projects: Heart of Thorns.
Organization: Ichigo no Kokoro Productions.

#159 Post by LucaMadison »

OH MY GOD! This is the proyect of my dreams, hahaha. The GUI is the GUI art I want for my proyect. Is PERFECT! >///< And the sprites and BGs are PERFECT too. I fall in love with this proyect. ♥♥♥♥
Image Image Image Image Image

Aurélie
Regular
Organization: Lyonesse

#160 Post by Aurélie »

lemonokashi wrote:However, it may just be for friendship, but I see that the twin brother is in the applicable characters list. I have a twin and I know I'm probably wrong about this, but twincest or incest is really creepy (I might be more sensitive, having a twin). So if that is a romance option I strongly encourage revision, weather or not the relation is biological.
(Just an FYI that I'm speaking as someone with two half-brothers, and I'm fine with fictional, consensual incest.)

If it's for a romance, I doubt the creator would push it at the player. In my experience, games with sibling incest routes (like .. Tokimeki Memorial, I think it's called?) you have to put in extra, conscious effort to get the sibling. So you don't get ninjamanced or anything. I'm sure the writing will let you play the game without ever feeling uncomfortable about the brother character.

On the main topic of the game: I really hope progress is still happening on this project, it looks BEYOND amazing!

bunbun
Regular

#161 Post by bunbun »

@Armee : Thanks! It has almost been a year since I last draw that sprite so I'm definitely going to redraw it T_T

@Lesleigh63 : Thank you so much!

@Rinima : Yes it's commercial. Release date is still unknown but it should be around 20-25$.

@lemonokashi : Thank you very much! Applicable character doesn't mean they'll be for romance path so don't worry about it. It's more of spending time/focus on the specific character during the timeline of the story.

@Marie : Thank you so much! I'll try my best!

@LucaMadison : Thank you so much! Your support is much appreciated! <3

@Aurélie : Thanks for answering lemono for my behave. This won't be much of a romance storyline so there's not much to worry about.
I know many will be disappointed with the lack of romance but I think the storyline will be smoother without forcing the characters which I think not suitable into romance.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Now for updates, I'm sorry that it has been a while since I last updated.
Reposted from tumblr :

bg by uncle mugen

Honestly speaking, Waxwing is still no where near ready to be released, but I’m still working on it steadily.

I’ve had some idea block which made put me on hiatus on and off for a month and it has caused a slow down on the progression of the game. The good news is I’ve gotten over it and I’m almost finished with Rek’s path! I’ll probably resume Recor’s path after that since his is the second closest to completing.

As for the graphics such as character sprites and CGs, I’ll only be starting on them when I’m finished with writing the story for most of the characters.

Background shown above are part of the Lucia country that players will explore. Players will not be stuck in the castle, instead travel to various countries with different settings.

That’s it for important updates. On a side note, I noticed some people are still actively asking question on waxwing ask.fm http://ask.fm/otomewing

I appreciate your support and I’ll be sure to answer those questions.
However, please refrain from asking unrelated questions including fan mail to the characters. I’ll also not reply to fan mail as the characters (and I) wouldn’t know how to reply to them.
WIPS

piichimi
Regular
Projects: A+ Switch! (Visual Novel)

Re: Waxwing[otome, fantasy, commercial] Oct 8 pg11

#162 Post by piichimi »

The artwork is simply beautiful!!!
I'm really excited for this. *u*

Erikka
Regular

#163 Post by Erikka »

It looks very nice! The characters are beautiful and the art is gorgeous. I hope the game won't be very expensive because I really want to try it!
P.s. I don't mind incest or twincest routes. I'm fed up with banal otome/vn. Would be interesting to experience something unsual, some tabu relationship in the vn. I'm not a perv but I would be very happy if you considered making some tabu-relationship-love-route!

StarGirl
Projects: Untitled

#164 Post by StarGirl »

This game looks gorgeous! Good luck :)

Ineedaname9

#165 Post by Ineedaname9 »

This games art looks amazing. I can totally understand the price tag your going to be adding to it when its released. Good Luck getting it finished.