Curse of the Caribbean [GxB][Supernatural]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Morishita
Veteran
Completed: A Troll's Fairy Tale
Projects: School Memories, Curse of the Caribbean,
Organization: S.K.Y. Art and Designs

Curse of the Caribbean [GxB][Supernatural]

#1 Post by Morishita »

EDIT:Here is the checklist of the task that still need to be finished in order for Chapter one to be released. I will update this as I finish each item-
Progress Last update 10/16
Chapter One script - 100% Finished.
Chapter One Story Planning - 100% Finished.
Chapter One Coding - 90% Finished. Some GUI needs some more work.
Chapter One Sprite Art - 0/3 complete.
Chapter One CG Art - 11/24 CGs inprogress. [*Depending on the pace of the story during the beta testing the number of cg's might change.]
Chapter One Background Art - 0/11 Backgrounds complete.[*I wanted to touch up some of the old backgrounds that's why there are so many new ones because I counted in the old ones]

Lint report:
The game contains 1,659 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 21,124 words,
for an average of 12.7 words per screen.
The game contains 22 menus.

I'm not sure if many of you might remember my demo of Curse of the Caribbean for NaNoReno but I'm finally able to continue working on it and hopefully bring out the full version of the game this year.

Just encase some of you don't know what I'm talking about and if it's okay with pytom, I'll go ahead and copy and past my work in progress info from my nanoreno page. This post will be a progress update post of the game and possibly updates on me doing a livestream or not.
Here are some of the screen shots of the demo game plus the link to the demo:
Desirea is spending the week at her grandmother's house to help her prepare for the village's annual summer festival. This will be her first year attending the festival and she is totally stoked about it but there's been strange rumors going around the festival. So when she decided to ask her grandmother about the festival's history she learns something that shakes her to her core. A terrible curse was placed on this village and now after learning the truth she fear's for her and her grandmother's life. Will she be able to find a way to break the curse or will she fall victim to those pouring out their vengeance on the little island?

New Proofread version up for download!!
Download game:
Link to Official Website Page w/downloads

Curse of the Caribbean *demo*
Drama/Supernatural

Length>>Since this is a demo this isn't very long at all.
Endings: 2
one good/one bad

Now onto the new sprite updates. Here are some rough drafts of the new dress design and pose for Desireã. Of course it is a rough draft so it might be a little hard for you all to see but once I finish up her sprite I'll post it up so you guys can see what I'm talking about ^^; I wanted to keep her innocent look but I just wanted a more modern dress. I'll probably still use her old dress for illustrations or something.
desirea2.png
desirea3.png
Now here's Gee-Gee Ma's sprite. She doesn't have one in the demo because I ran out of time to make one for her while drawing and writing and coding everything else. I wanted her to look old but dignified. Again you all will be able to see the sketch better when it's finished but I wanted to post up the rough draft anyways to show that progress is being made:
gee-gee ma.png
And Lastly here is Tirstan's design. I wanted her to be old and look more mature then Desirea, who compared to her looks more like a little hatching duck and Tristan is a grown swan. I think I'll have a lot of fun drawing and writing their arguments:
tristan.jpg

That's all for now for the progress updates. I hope to be back with more drawings but if not I'll post up on my site as well as on here of more updates.
Last edited by Morishita on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:10 am, edited 6 times in total.

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

Re: Curse of the Caribbean [GxB][Supernatural]

#2 Post by Obscura »

Love your sprites and the tropical island setting. Your MC is super pretty.
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

Morishita
Veteran

#3 Post by Morishita »

Thank you Obscura! I really wanted to try out a setting close to the sea. It gives off a sort of mysterious but calm and inviting feeling at times.

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by try10 »

I played the demo and I loved it! :D

I'm so happy that you decided to continue this project. XD

Morishita
Veteran

#5 Post by Morishita »

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the demo. Not everyone does but it makes me happy to see those who do.
I think my main concern is the coding but I plan on keeping it as simple as possible because coding is one thing that can trip me up so bad ^^;

GeneDNC
Veteran
Completed: Freezing v1.0

#6 Post by GeneDNC »

Whoohoo! I am really glad to see this game taking off again. I really like Tristan's sketch, you really nailed the "older and more mature" look.

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you need help with programming. ^__^

Morishita
Veteran

#7 Post by Morishita »

Thank you! I'll definitely take you up on that offer if I get stuck anywhere ^^ I've been a little intimidated to ask for any programming help on the forum but I appreciate you offering your help.

Morishita
Veteran

#8 Post by Morishita »

Just wanted to post up an update that I should have done a few weeks ago but I've decided to break the visual novel down in chapters. There will be three chapters in all and you will meet each boy within each chapter. Desireã will learn a very important lesson within each chapter or she will fail to learn anything at all and suffer the consequences but that all depends on the choices you have her make.
I have the first chapter writing/script/coding all done and now all that's left is to work on the extra cg's and sprites. Since the game is in chapters I wasn't sure if I would be allowed to post up chapter 1 in the complete game section. One part of me was thinking it might be okay since chapter 1 is finished and complete but the other part wasn't sure since there are two other chapters left in the series....I'm not sure I'll see what happens but I just wanted to give those of you a head's up about the progress.

Daistarir
Veteran
Projects: History [GxB], Alice Revo
Organization: Kingdom Crown Production

#9 Post by Daistarir »

Oh Crabs ! Release it already xD ! I've stalking it a long time -3-

Morishita
Veteran

#10 Post by Morishita »

I went ahead and added this to the first post but I'll go ahead and add it here. The number of cg's is pretty high so I might take some off depending on how the story flows and how much time I have left. I really want to release the first chapter soon so I'm going to hope for the best ^^; Thank you for being so patient with me. ( Q-Q).
Here is the checklist of the task that still need to be finished in order for Chapter one to be released. I will update this as I finish each item-
Progress Last update 9/25
Chapter One script - 100% Finished.
Chapter One Story Planning - 100% Finished.
Chapter One Coding - 90% Finished. Some GUI needs some more work.
Chapter One Sprite Art - 0/13 complete.
Chapter One CG Art - 0/45 CGs complete. [*Depending on the pace of the story during the beta testing the number of cg's might change.]
Chapter One Background Art - 0/11 Backgrounds complete.[*I wanted to touch up some of the old backgrounds that's why there are so many new ones because I counted in the old ones]

Lint report:
The game contains 1,659 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 21,124 words,
for an average of 12.7 words per screen.
The game contains 22 menus.

Daistarir
Veteran
Projects: History [GxB], Alice Revo
Organization: Kingdom Crown Production

#11 Post by Daistarir »

Yay !! It's almost done . * grab some popcorn* I will stalking you .

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#12 Post by try10 »

Amazing! You work really fast. I have been waiting for the full game for a while since the demo was so interesting.

Good luck in finishing the First Chapter. :)

Morishita
Veteran

#13 Post by Morishita »

I'm back with an update batch of rough draft chibi animations, which will be included in the visual novel to add a little bit of humor. Some of you might remember some of these scenes but a lot of these are the new added scenes that I made for the full version of Chapter one.
I also have the new website and layout finished for S.K.Y. Art & Designs Official Studio website. I've had the visual novel development blog and files on my comic site S-Morishitastudio.com but I want that site's main focus to be on comic development and art blogging so S.K.Y. Art & Designs will be my Official game development site. I do plan on making a commercial game in the near future but for now I want to finish chapter one of Curse of the Caribbean.
Anywhoo~ Hopefully these silly chibi rough draft animations will help bring smiles to your faces ^^
*P.S. If you're not able to view these images below feel free to stop by the Official Studio website to view them there =3 Animated illustrations don't seem to do very well ^^;* Or just click on the link and you should be able to see a less messy image of the animation.

*Here Desireã is trolling her Grandmother because of tropical and strange the village is. The trolling doesn't last very long.*
[attachment =4]fanning1.gif[/attachment]

*This is a true incident that actually happened with my grandmother and it still grosses me out to this day so I decided to add this scene to show the silly relationship that this Desireã has with her Grandmother*
eww1.gif
*This scene is to show how spoiled and possessive Desireã is of her Grandmother. She doesn't like the thought of her grandmother possibly replacing her with someone else or sharing her attention with others....she's a very spoiled grandaughter.*
mad1.gif
*This scene shows the meeting of the villagers and Desireã, of course they aren't to found to see her but they love Gee Gee Ma...just not Desireã. Gee Gee Ma yes <3 Desireã no >C*
meeting1.gif
*This is the scene where Tristan is kind of mock Desireã in her lack of ability to do any helpful work for the village and thus considers her a dunce and thinks she'd might do okay picking flowers or something*
tristain2.gif
Attachments
fanning1.gif

Helianthus
Regular
Completed: Being Beauteous, Ambre, HVNCML, Garden of Oblivion, Wounded by Words
Projects: Chronotopia, Khzi and the Cursed Stone
Organization: Träumendes Mädchen
Tumblr: TraumendesMadchen

#14 Post by Helianthus »

I just wanted to say that I loved the demo and I hope you’re going to finish that project :D

I’m not too fond of bishounens but Gee-Gee Ma seems particularly awesome 8D. Also, Tristan’s design is quite sexy, I wonder what she will look like in the game. The funny thing is that Tristan is a boy name in my country ^^

VerdeICe
Regular

#15 Post by VerdeICe »

Well, it looks very pretty.