Forget-Me-Not [BL][Slice of Life]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Boniae
Regular
Completed: I want 2 be single and Forget-Me-Not
Projects: Cry Girlhood, Dakota Wanderers, Sagebrush
Organization: Rosewater Games
Tumblr: boniae

Re: Forget-Me-Not [BL] [Slice of Life][DEMO]

#31 Post by Boniae »

ShippoK wrote:(Posting a comment so this can regularly show up in my 'View your posts section')

I hope the progress you're doing is going well, I can't wait for this to come out. :)
Haha, thanks for bumping the thread! It's nice to see this at least on the first page after a couple months. :-')
And progress is doing pretty good right now! I'm back in the groove of writing things and I'm adding in some new graphics to what I've written after the demo. (It's about 15,000 words...wow this game is gonna be long...)

Also, just putting this out there, but if any of you are interested in anything related to the story / game the tumblr ask box is always open. (getting questions are always really exciting :lol: )

Maegalkarven
Regular

#32 Post by Maegalkarven »

Wow-wow-wow. I just played demo...I need more! More Michael,more Emmett and more..Jose. I don't know, why, but i'm very interested in him.
And since this is BL NV and have 3 endings, could one of endings being Jose route?))Or all endings are Michael's? Aha-ha. sometimes i'm thinking about really crazy things. But Jose can't treat Emmett like this without any reason, am i right?)
Anyway, i'm looking forward to see this game complete!*O*
Sorry for my bad english^^"

Boniae
Regular

#33 Post by Boniae »

Maegalkarven wrote:Wow-wow-wow. I just played demo...I need more! More Michael,more Emmett and more..Jose. I don't know, why, but i'm very interested in him.
And since this is BL NV and have 3 endings, could one of endings being Jose route?))Or all endings are Michael's? Aha-ha. sometimes i'm thinking about really crazy things. But Jose can't treat Emmett like this without any reason, am i right?)
Anyway, i'm looking forward to see this game complete!*O*
Sorry for my bad english^^"
Thank you for the kind comments!! I'm so glad you enjoyed the demo. ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Omg and that's the first time I've ever seen someone ship Emmett/Jose?? (or at least anybody besides Michael XD) I'd never think that'd happen, but it makes me joyful :lol:
And to answer your question the 3 endings in the game are all centered around Michael.
Thank you for playing the demo and I hope you enjoy the completed game when it comes out!!! :D

Anne
Veteran
Completed: Fae

#34 Post by Anne »

Boniae wrote: the 3 endings in the game are all centered around Michael.
Really? And the guys I was meeting at the library / gym? I was totally thinking they would be dateable in the actual game.
Well, it probably makes more sense this way. And Michael is nice. And I like your art. The only thing I didn't like that much about the demo is backgrounds (for me even non-modified photos would look better)

myapple
Regular
Projects: RoG2.0, Stirling
Organization: red inc.

#35 Post by myapple »

ahhh
so I gotta say, i'm pretty much in love with your style :'D

going to play the demo when I get back from school tomorrow~

Edit: I played the demo!
It's so cute so far, ahahah~ Emmet ;w;

I have to agree with Anne somewhat about the backgrounds. I do think they're better than unedited photographs, but something about the high saturation makes them feel a bit... like wallpaper? Like rather than having a background that has some 'depth,' they seem a bit flat.
I don't think it's a huge issue though.

Can't wait for the full game!! :D

Boniae
Regular

#36 Post by Boniae »

@ Anne: Though they're not dateable they do play a part in the story. It's understandable how people can think that though, since most BL games have multiple love interests. (I don't think I've ever played a BL game with one love interest??? but I'm sure they're out there somewhere...)

Oooh I know what your saying, it's probably the filter (and maybe the saturation?) I've used. All the assets aren't set in stone for now, so maybe the game will look more polished by the time the full release comes out. I'm glad you enjoyed everything else though! :lol:

Thanks for the feedback! :mrgreen:

@ Myapple: Wow thank you so much!!! I'm really looking forward to Stirling so it's awesome to have feedback from you! ;w;

I'm glad you enjoyed it so far! And like I said to Anne it's probably the filter, but I think I got very saturation happy too. :lol: There's a huge chance I'll end up redoing the images by the time I release the full game.
Thank you for playing the demo and giving feedback! :D

Boniae
Regular

#37 Post by Boniae »

Woah, I've just noticed, it's been a year since I've started this thread. :shock: Well anyway, onto a little update!

So far I've finished putting in the graphics for the bulk of the game, so now I've only got to put graphics in for the last two endings. The only writing I have to do is for one more ending.

I'm also trying to crack down on drawing the CG, because I've counted about 40 CG's I need so far. :shock: Hopefully by the time school starts back up I'll only need to be doing CG's and writing the last ending. I'm estimating the game release could be before Christmas if I keep my progress up. :D

Boniae
Regular

Re: Forget-Me-Not [BL][Slice of Life]

#38 Post by Boniae »

Okay!!WOahH!!! It's been awhile but today marks me finishing the written part of the game script!!! All the endings are written, so all that leaves is me to draw the rest of the CG, add pictures to the last ending, add music, revise things, etc etc...but wWOW. It’s been a LONG 3 years. Technically I’ve been writing this version for about 2 years, so I just really feel amazed I was able to do it??!! I really want to thank everyone who’s supported the progress this far and especially those who remember that terrible 2011 demo, lmao. But honestly!!! I love you guys so much!!! (๑>◡<๑) I hope when this game is released that you really enjoy it for all the time you put up with following the progress! Look forward to a lot of art previews and stuff now! I'm hoping to get the finished game out around Christmas time of this year, so wish me luck!

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#39 Post by Camille »

I already read about this on Tumblr, but I'm glad to hear that the script is done! *_* Good luck working on the rest. <33

Boniae
Regular

#40 Post by Boniae »

Camille wrote:I already read about this on Tumblr, but I'm glad to hear that the script is done! *_* Good luck working on the rest. <33
Late reply, but thank you so much Camille for the support! :mrgreen:
~~~~~
AHHHHHHHH and it's been a while since I updated this thread, so I want to let you know the state of the project!

I'm now tying up loose ends and a lot of the completion rests on getting CG's done. I'm pretty picky when it comes to drawing things, haha. ;////;

The holidays and studying for finals pushed my work ethic back a bit, but after I finish polishing up the game a release is to be expected in 1 or 2 months??

I've also redone Michaels sprites if you wanna take a peek! I'm happy with how they turned out, so I probably won't be messing with any sprites again. :^D

Thank you all for the support of this project, I hope to see you all soon with the release! u////u

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#41 Post by try10 »

Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to the full release! :D

Boniae
Regular

#42 Post by Boniae »

try10 wrote:Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to the full release! :D
Thank you so much for keeping up with the progress!!!

I've been getting a lot of CG sketched but I still have ways to go. In the meantime I do have something to share this month, I made a custom save/load screen. Don't know if I've said it over here, but I've also got a CG and music gallery set up too, I'm just waiting to completely finish the game before I do the style customization those parts.
screenshot0107.png
screenshot0108.png

ppppantsu
Veteran
Completed: Haruman, DMMd Fan VN, Fetish 1.0, Fetish: ESC, Colors~AU~, Fetish: Wanted, Incolore
itch: soraille

#43 Post by ppppantsu »

downloading this now. omfg.
it's BL so it's kinda automatic for me to check out.
I'll post a review after playing. >w< :oops:

I like the art, btw, simple yet pleasing :D

EDIT: I can't wait for the full release. I'm hooked to this already and it's really funny. I love the character expressions, fuuu---- totally loving this game.

Good luck with more stuff you need to do!!! Defintely looking forward to this. >w< :D

Boniae
Regular

#44 Post by Boniae »

ppppantsu wrote:downloading this now. omfg.
it's BL so it's kinda automatic for me to check out.
I'll post a review after playing. >w< :oops:

I like the art, btw, simple yet pleasing :D

EDIT: I can't wait for the full release. I'm hooked to this already and it's really funny. I love the character expressions, fuuu---- totally loving this game.

Good luck with more stuff you need to do!!! Defintely looking forward to this. >w< :D
(SoRRY i took sucha long time to reply to this//// now to make a proper reply!!)

AAAhhhH thank you so much! I'm so glad you enjoyed the demo!!! @///@ And hopefully the final release won't be so far along! :D
(*rock climbing the mount Everest of game development*)

-----

Also for a little update (because I feel so wrong if I don't try to update something in my posts lmao...//) a while back I asked Akemicchi and Luce Jumble to draw Emmett and Michael !!!!! everytime i look at em my day just gets so much better hahahaha lOOK AT THE LIL DORK BABIES

Boniae
Regular

#45 Post by Boniae »

Just wanted to update the thread and announce that I have less than 20 CG drawings to finish! This might take me a little more than a month, including some time to beta test the game and make any last minute changes. I want the final release to be the most final download, unless there's a bug I missed or something.

So with that said, hopefully (cross your fingers! Haha) Forget-me-not can be released sometime between May or June! :mrgreen: Thank you all so much for continuing to keep up with my long progress in this game, haha. :'^)))
CGPREVIEW.png