Forget-Me-Not [BL][Slice of Life]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Boniae
Regular
Completed: I want 2 be single and Forget-Me-Not
Projects: Cry Girlhood, Dakota Wanderers, Sagebrush
Organization: Rosewater Games
Tumblr: boniae

Re: Forget-Me-Not [BL] [Slice of Life]

#16 Post by Boniae »

DreamDragonHatchling wrote:BL game! We are one step closer to world peace!! :3 Love, love, love BxB!!!
Haha, yeah man there needs to be more BL games to go around! :'D Thanks for commenting! ^///^

Boniae
Regular

#17 Post by Boniae »

Roger and Emmett's mom are fully colored now (they're up on the first post). To top it all off the demo is almost complete, whee! :D The only thing I really need to do is make the rest of the CG.

ChaosMorning

#18 Post by ChaosMorning »

So excited to play! (Oh, I am the anon who posted on your tumblr recently)

I am very interested in the mystery aspect, and I love that the characters are fifteen, most high school characters seem to be either sixteen or eighteen for some reason.

Looking forward to seeing the CGs, I like the style everything has been done in, though, a small point I notice is that a few characters ear's are a bit high.

Boniae
Regular

Re: Forget-Me-Not [BL] [Slice of Life][DEMO]

#19 Post by Boniae »

@ChaosMorning; Aww thanks for the comments on both the tumblr and on lemmasoft! I'm glad you're excited!! :D Ooh, and thanks for the advice, I do believe I caught that in some of the CG's and fixed it, though I'm not sure about some of the sprites?? Thank you again Chaos!! ^.^

In other news, the day has finally come! The demo is out now for public release! This is the first demo version, but just in case there may be some small errors I might have not been able to catch, but I did my best to look it over as much as I could. Woo, I spent a reallllly long time working on the demo so I hope you all enjoy it! It'd be so wonderful if you could leave any kinds of comments after you play, so I know how to improve, or at least get an idea of how the game was received. Hope you all enjoy it!

All platforms mirror creator link (115 MB)

v3-kei
Regular

#20 Post by v3-kei »

Dkfhfkssh I can only go back to desktop computer on Tuesday aaaargh
I want to play this so bad! The demo has all the script, right?
Moved account to fuicchi.

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

#21 Post by Obscura »

Sweet! I've been waiting for this.

Unfortunately the link you posted is sort of a crazy mess when I click on it. Could you please tell foolish me which download button am I supposed to use? I keep getting the iLividSetup file, which I don't think I want.
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

Boniae
Regular

#22 Post by Boniae »

v3-kei wrote:Dkfhfkssh I can only go back to desktop computer on Tuesday aaaargh
Daaw, that sucks, but it's alright, it's not going anywhere! :wink:
And by script you mean like...the full game?? I'm not really sure what you mean... :oops:
Obscura wrote:Sweet! I've been waiting for this.
Unfortunately the link you posted is sort of a crazy mess when I click on it. Could you please tell foolish me which download button am I supposed to use? I keep getting the iLividSetup file, which I don't think I want.
Oh no, haha the mirror creator thing can be pretty confusing. Basically just choose which mirror you want, but Gamefront is a working mirror so here's the direct link. I hope that works for you! :wink: When you play it be sure to tell me what you think, I hope you like it! :D

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran

#23 Post by Obscura »

This was great.

Normally I quit VNs about five minutes in but I kept playing...and playing...and playing this one all the way through to the end. I think a lot has to do with your writing style and the fact it's in a setting that appeals to me. It's direct, honest, and I'm kept in a constant state of "what's going to happen next" for most of the story. There was very little fluff as well. Thank you for that!

Stuff I appreciated:

Art's quite lovely. I really liked it. The CGs with grey background characters were especially neat.
I loved all your music choices. Did you make the tracks...where did you get them?
Events seemed largely realistic.
Dialogue was very natural.

Things I wasn't crazy about:

MC's side sprite would pop up every now and then, in a way I felt was inconsistent, so much so that I was jarred every time it did. Maybe it's a personal thing, but I feel like the side sprite should show up more often or not at all.
Something bothers me about the way that the 'new guy' is revealed to be the boy from the rooftop. It's set up in a way that seems like it doesn't fit the rest of your work. Maybe it would make more sense to me if the Emmett never had "hints" of thinking he knew the guy from the past. Basically, I felt a more effective set up would be: rooftop memory, then launching into the MC's current life, and the new guy eventually explaining who he was, without Emmett having all these premonitions. I dunno, it's just a suggestion I'm throwing out there to make the story seem more natural...it might not work in execution.
When it comes right down it, I really liked how most of the story flowed, like it was unfolding on its own terms without feeling forced.

I really enjoyed this.
website

Boniae
Regular

#24 Post by Boniae »

@ Obscura:

Ohh my, wowow thank you so much Obscura your post means a lot!!! Oh man I admire your game so much, it feels really nice to see that you've enjoyed it! ^////^ Thank you!

I got the music from FreeMusicArchive. They've got a lot of great free music to use for projects and stuff. The credits to the artists are in the end.

Edit: ahhhHH I now know what you mean about the MC sprite because he's not even there!!! Haha, unfortunately that wasn't how I planned it to be, I had two different Emmett names and I accidentally switched them before I released the game. (and I remember asking myself if I should replay it again, ironically. XD) To save you guys the trouble of re downloading the archive again, I just have the script files you can replace in the game folder. (hopefully this works on all platforms? I tested it on Windows and it works.)
2-24-2013-scriptfiles.zip
Script files to replace in game folder (now shows Emmetts face)
(142.29 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
I know what you mean about that, it seems kinda...cheesy almost??? With all of these hints like "i feel like i know him from somewhere...woops well idk who he is. *dramatic irony*". I always felt there was something I needed to rework but I wasn't sure what, maybe I'll tone down the hints? :P
Ahh man, but thank you again Obscura!!! Your feedback is a big help! Thank you for following through and playing the game. :D

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran

#25 Post by Obscura »

Boniae wrote:@ Obscura:

Ohh my, wowow thank you so much Obscura your post means a lot!!! Oh man I admire your game so much, it feels really nice to see that you've enjoyed it! ^////^ Thank you!

I got the music from FreeMusicArchive. They've got a lot of great free music to use for projects and stuff. The credits to the artists are in the end.

Edit: ahhhHH I now know what you mean about the MC sprite because he's not even there!!! Haha, unfortunately that wasn't how I planned it to be, I had two different Emmett names and I accidentally switched them before I released the game. (and I remember asking myself if I should replay it again, ironically. XD) To save you guys the trouble of re downloading the archive again, I just have the script files you can replace in the game folder. (hopefully this works on all platforms? I tested it on Windows and it works.)
2-24-2013-scriptfiles.zip
I know what you mean about that, it seems kinda...cheesy almost??? With all of these hints like "i feel like i know him from somewhere...woops well idk who he is. *dramatic irony*". I always felt there was something I needed to rework but I wasn't sure what, maybe I'll tone down the hints? :P
Ahh man, but thank you again Obscura!!! Your feedback is a big help! Thank you for following through and playing the game. :D
Aw gee thanks for the compliments. Yeah, that's what I meant about his side sprite appearing and reappearing. :P
website

RunicV
Veteran
IRC Nick: RunicV

#26 Post by RunicV »

I want to try playing the demo, but all the download links are horrible.
They either lead me to a bunch of ads and say I need to wait to try downloading it or that it isn't available.
Could you please upload it onto another site? Maybe Mediafire or Dropbox?
Hatred: the absence of love.
Please, treat me with kindness.

v3-kei
Regular

#27 Post by v3-kei »

Boniae wrote:
v3-kei wrote:Dkfhfkssh I can only go back to desktop computer on Tuesday aaaargh
Daaw, that sucks, but it's alright, it's not going anywhere! :wink:
And by script you mean like...the full game?? I'm not really sure what you mean... :oops:
Yes, I mean, I was wondering if the story in the demo is completed. ; 3 ; I don't want the cliffhanger especially since this seems to promise a powerful story. X')
Moved account to fuicchi.

Boniae
Regular

#28 Post by Boniae »

@ Obscura: You're welcome! Haha and thanks for bringing it to my attention, I was kinda slow to catch onto that though. XD
@ RunicV: Yeah, I'm uploading the fixed demo to mediafire right now, but its gonna take a little while. Sorry about that, a lot of people have been having trouble with mirrorcreator. :'-( (and I'm upset that it failed almost all of the mirrors???)
@ v3-kei: Ahhh okay I see! Well there's still a lot of story to go, but I didn't end it with a cliff hanger, it finishes cleanly. (which is why it's kinda long.)

EDIT: Alright the fixed demo has been uploaded to mediafire! Hopefully this works better now.

Boniae
Regular

#29 Post by Boniae »

This thread has been hanging here for a while now, so time to bump it with some of the progress i've gotten so far. :wink:

Firstly, as of today I've finished one ending (out of 4 or 5)!!! Whoo, now I've got the rest to finish. With this kind of progress rate, hopefully the game will really be done this year. :D

Also, during the course of the month I've also gotten some artwork posted up on the blog / on my deviantart: Image
(just to make this post more colorful, heres just some michael icons I drew today.)

ShippoK
Veteran
Projects: Eyes of Gold (In-Progress)
Organization: (Red Moon)

#30 Post by ShippoK »

(Posting a comment so this can regularly show up in my 'View your posts section')

I hope the progress you're doing is going well, I can't wait for this to come out. :)
Much Appreciated for those who took the Survey!

Image Image
Eyes of Gold [BL (Suspense) (+18)] IN-PROGRESS
Alternate Online [(Friendship) (+10)] ON-HOLD
DeviantART• •[Honest critique] - 'Honesty is its own reward.'