Forget-Me-Not [BL][Slice of Life]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

Re: Forget-Me-Not [BL][Slice of Life]

#46 Post by Lesleigh63 »

I'm pleased to hear this is going well. You've refined it a lot since your initial post. Looking forward to playing it.

Evolution
Regular
Projects: ???

#47 Post by Evolution »

Oh my goodness! This reminds me SO MUCH of a story idea I had many moons ago. They're not exact replicas by any means, but several aspects jump out at me and make me very nostalgic. It's kind of like...You know how some movies come out around the same time and could basically be described with the same tagline, but are different in essence? For example, The Prestige and The Illusionist. Or A Bugs Life and Antz. If that makes any sense. xDD
Insert obligatory TV Tropes article here: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... lingMovies

In any case, my story was titled Don't Forget and was set in the Victorian era. The main character, Christoph, was a meek child and often picked on. A kind-hearted boy named Bastian moves to his town and the two swiftly become friends, despite social discrepancies. Christoph develops feelings for the other boy, but their acquaintanceship is short-lived due to a devastating familial circumstances requiring Christoph to move away. Many years later, Christoph returns to the town and immediately begins inquiring into his long-lost friend. Bastian's family has grown thoroughly established in the town, and Christoph is overjoyed to be reunited with him again...but, it swiftly becomes apparent that the other doesn't seem to remember him at all. And, there's something about him, something Christoph can't quite put into words, that has the boy very worried about what has become of his friend in his absence.

Additionally, as a parallel to Skyy, Christoph's sister -- who served the role of his best friend and protector (AND the person who was always able to comfort him when he was down) -- was as close as one could get to a tomboy in Victorian times, and occasionally lamented that females could not wear pants. :P

I am very much looking forward to the release of this game!

Boniae
Regular
Completed: I want 2 be single and Forget-Me-Not
Projects: Cry Girlhood, Dakota Wanderers, Sagebrush
Organization: Rosewater Games
Tumblr: boniae

#48 Post by Boniae »

@ Lesleigh63: Thank you so much, I'm glad you're looking forward to it! :D And yep, haha, this has come a long way but I'm happy the finished product will definitively be better from the start! ;w;

@ Evolution: Awww omg thank you!! And that's SO weird, the really do sound similar!!! :^0 Ahhh mannn your story sounds so great, I hope you pick back up on it someday, unless it's already finished!! (Is it strange that I'm now imagining my cast in a Victorian AU?? :lol:) Thanks for sharing that, it was a nice read! (And now I wanna read your story, I love Victorian era stuff ;) )

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: ALLBLACK Phase 1, Heart's Blight, Last Rx., EDDA Cafe, Kohana, Half Moon
Projects: ALLBLACK Phase 2
Organization: VN Project Indonesia
Deviantart: SECONDARY-TARGET
itch: NSAID
Discord: 3,4-Methylendioxymethamphetamine#4886

#49 Post by tiya_nofurita »

When is the estimated day of release?
Webtoon

"For what reason I live?"

---
Completed project:

"What will you see when you are dead?"

MY VISUAL NOVEL

Merii-san

#50 Post by Merii-san »

I just played demo.
Interesting story with good style (I did not want to stop reading) and beautiful art (expressions of characters are amazing <3 )! I hope that you will complete this game. It's already very good (I mean demo), but it will be even better, right? =)
Good luck to you!
And thanks for cool demo. I really enjoyed it.

Boniae
Regular

#51 Post by Boniae »

@ tiya_nofurita: Probably around the end of June! I've been a bit pushed back lately because of school, but I'm making progress! :D

@ Merii-san: Aw thank you so much! I'm so happy you could enjoy it! :mrgreen:

Boniae
Regular

#52 Post by Boniae »

Good news everyone, I've got 8 CG drawings to color (they're all lined) and while I do that, I'm just looking for beta testers. I plan on tying up loose ends after I get the notes back, then add in the CG. If you're interested in checking out the beta testing part, feel free to check out the tumblr post.

Not sure how long it's going to take to wrap everything up, but I'm certain the official release will be out within this month. Hope to see you guys soon! :mrgreen:

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#53 Post by Mad Harlequin »

That's great news, Boniae! I might pitch in and help with testing. I just have to check out that post first. :)
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

runeraccoon
Veteran
itch: runeraccoon

#54 Post by runeraccoon »

This is great news! I've been waiting for a while now, can't wait to read the whole story of these dorks~ :3

Minisuttonfoster

#55 Post by Minisuttonfoster »

OH. MY. GOD.

By FAR the best visual novel I have ever read!!!! It cried and I laughed and just overall enjoyed it so much.
It was so well written and the art was great! The characters were so cute together! Wow.

No words... Just applause.

eridionn

#56 Post by eridionn »

Alright, I've seen all the three endings and my heart strings have been tugged so terribly each time. I rarely remember to comment on the games I've tried, which is terrible of me, I know, still working on that, but this game left such a huge impact on me I just felt like I need to say it.

I love how every ending has a glimmer of hope even if the story gets mostly really dark, and I'm not going to lie, I did tear up during the first playthrough getting Ending #1. It's been a long time since that's happened so I was like... wow. Yeah. Like that.

The story gave me a lot to think about, perhaps because it hit very close to home every now and then. But I love it when I look at or read something and I'm overwhelmed with thoughts and questions. That's pretty much what happened here. I'm probably thinking about everything tomorrow still.

Before I ramble too much, just wanted to say thank you, really good job with this one, and I hope to see more of your works in the future too <3