Names... [DSE][BxG][Psychologial] (Builds available)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
YaibaToKen
Projects: Names...

Names... [DSE][BxG][Psychologial] (Builds available)

#1 Post by YaibaToKen »

***DESCRIPTION***

Names... is your average DSE, it's my first game so it might not turn out great, still gonna give it my all.
The game's Main Storyline is based on the DSE Framework Storyline, nothing that original, I simply made it a bit more complex,
added a bit more routes and such.
The Storyline is as follows:
You're an 18 year old teen on the 2nd year of high school. Just an average guy, with average taste, average clothes and an average life... For now!
During your planning of your days, you have the chance to meet with (and hopefully hook up with) the Twins or a beautiful Substitute Teacher.

The Endings available:
.:. The Shy Girlfriend Ending;
.:. The Hanging Suicide Ending;
.:. The Outgoing Girlfriend Ending;
.:. The Train Suicide Ending;
.:. The Twin Girlfriends Ending;
.:. The Gruesomely Murdered Ending;
The Endings I'm working on:
.:. The Older Girlfriend Ending
.:. The Forever Alone Ending;
.:. The Failling Grades Ending;
You have the option to choose the name for each of the Girls, including the Teacher, aside from your own.

***DESCRIPTION***

***RESOURCES***

All Sprites are from The Free Sprite Iniative: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 46&t=11204;
Background Art comes from the files shipped with the Ren'Py Visual Novel Engine available here: http://www.renpy.org/;
Visual Novel scripted using the Ren'Py Visual Novel Engine;
Game created with DSE Framework and SoftKeyboard Framework, available here: http://www.renpy.org/wiki/renpy/Frameworks;

***RESOURCES***

***GAME DOWNLOAD***

The Game is available for Download here:
Most Recent Version
http://www.4shared.com/zip/PKW_1ZsK/Names_13a.html
Archive
http://www.4shared.com/folder/Q6Tn76AP/Names.html

***GAME DOWNLOAD***

***CHARACTERS***

I will post each Character's Profile as soon as I advance a bit more with my scripting.
The Twins:

The Nerdy One Aoi
The Glasses Sister Aoi
The Glasses Sister Aoi
The Athletic One Akari
The Sporty Sister Akari
The Sporty Sister Akari
The Teacher:

The Sub Teacher Maya
The Sub Teacher Inori
The Sub Teacher Inori
***CHARACTERS***

***INFORMATIONS***

I intend on reporting my progress regularly, unless something makes it impossible.

I would also like to know if someone could help me create a few custom menus and buttons for the game, as well as placing them properly during gameplay.
Interested in knowing what you think of the game and how I can improve it.
Main Menu Background
Main Menu Background
***INFORMATIONS***
Last edited by YaibaToKen on Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:52 am, edited 24 times in total.

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

Re: Names... [DSE][BxG][GxB][BxB][GxG] (Builds available)

#2 Post by KomiTsuku »

Sounds rather ordinary (which normally turns me away), but I'll give it a try.

Someone remind me to restart commissions for the Free Sprite Initiative. I keep forgetting about it.

Edit:
Running into some bugs as I go through.
- I got an error when I attended class one day. It seems to be an error in the DSE that tells me I shouldn't be seeing it.
-The scene where glasses girl gives you the ginger snaps has a background that suddenly changes.
- I was able to max out stats really, really quickly by just dumping into social, working part time for two days, and then maxing all of my stats in one go with the bookstore. Not a bug, just something I found.
-Some minor spelling and grammar mistakes mistakes.
Last edited by KomiTsuku on Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

YaibaToKen

#3 Post by YaibaToKen »

KomiTsuku wrote:Sounds rather ordinary (which normally turns me away), but I'll give it a try.
Well, depending on the time I spend and the advice I get, it might actually turn into something nice, I believe so anyway ^^
KomiTsuku wrote:Someone remind me to restart commissions for the Free Sprite Initiative. I keep forgetting about it.
I can remind you anytime, since it's thanks to guys like you that I manage to get some pretty nifty sprites.
If you happen to see one of your sprites/templates in the game, and you're not credited for
(assuming the credits are already working), pm me or post on the thread and I'll make sure you appear.

YaibaToKen

#4 Post by YaibaToKen »

KomiTsuku wrote:Edit:
Running into some bugs as I go through.
- I got an error when I attended class one day. It seems to be an error in the DSE that tells me I shouldn't be seeing it.
-The scene where glasses girl gives you the ginger snaps has a background that suddenly changes.
- I was able to max out stats really, really quickly by just dumping into social, working part time for two days, and then maxing all of my stats in one go with the bookstore. Not a bug, just something I found.
-Some minor spelling and grammar mistakes mistakes.
As for the class bug, it should have been fixed, try version 0.7 (changed the way I spelled the updates).

It should be harder to max stats like that now.
a book now costs 20k and increases 2 stats by 200 points
stats start at 50 and max out at 1000 and increase 20 points each time when studying them
class now increases culture, intelligence and social by 10 points
I tried to balance the stats upping and coin income. Should be better now.

The glasses girl route should be fully functional as of 0.8

If you can, do point out the spelling mistakes, so I can correct them
I'm not a native speaker and sometimes I don't even notice my mistakes ^^

YaibaToKen

Re: Names... [DSE][BxG][Psychologial] (Builds available)

#5 Post by YaibaToKen »

Started developing a backstory for the main character. Thinking of developing one for each of the other characters.
An idea I've had was for pieces of each girl's past to be shown as the relationship between the mc and them develops, different choices, showing different parts and aspects of their past."

(Can already picture it, the Sub Teacher having abandonment issues, the Glasses girl having a trauma with guys, from being raped and the sporty girl having a sister complex, aside from an Oedipus complex.)

As the twins' routes reach completion, I ask. Is someone interested in a new character? If so, what type of personality? What kind of past? What traumas? What likes and dislikes? What kind of events shouls happen between the new character and the girls? And between the new character and the mc?
Current Projects:
Names...

Moon20
Regular

#6 Post by Moon20 »

Yes a new characther whould be good, mabey the new characther whould be childhood friend or fiancee Of the mc. And the new characther truma whould be at him/her are avfreid to Get closer to other becuse Of his/her past where him/her ble Beat up Of his/her parents. And because Of that his/her personality are mean,cold,heartless but depp down is him/her kind and caring. And the new characther likes the mc but dislike his/her parents. And the new characther Dont like the girls but friends Whit them in the end.

That my option about the new characther.

YaibaToKen

#7 Post by YaibaToKen »

Moon20 wrote:Yes a new characther whould be good, mabey the new characther whould be childhood friend or fiancee Of the mc. And the new characther truma whould be at him/her are avfreid to Get closer to other becuse Of his/her past where him/her ble Beat up Of his/her parents. And because Of that his/her personality are mean,cold,heartless but depp down is him/her kind and caring. And the new characther likes the mc but dislike his/her parents. And the new characther Dont like the girls but friends Whit them in the end.

That my option about the new characther.
You're basically suggesting a tsundere childhood friend / fiancee archtype?
Historial of physical abuse and an irrational hate towards adults in general?
She would see the other girls as a sort of love rivals?

Seems nice. Provided I get a few more comments on her backstory and appearance, I should be able to go through with her design.

On another note, here's some of the new GUI:
The new Game Menu
The new Game Menu
I intend on changing the functions and names of the buttons, but the style should be similar.
Current Projects:
Names...

Moon20
Regular

#8 Post by Moon20 »

Yes i meant a tsundere childhood friend / fiancee archtype and Historial of physical abuse and an irrational hate towards adults in general and She would see the other girls as a sort of love rivals. Yes thats what i meant, What me to give her a name and some information about her backstory and appearance?

YaibaToKen

#9 Post by YaibaToKen »

Moon20 wrote:Yes i meant a tsundere childhood friend / fiancee archtype and Historial of physical abuse and an irrational hate towards adults in general and She would see the other girls as a sort of love rivals. Yes thats what i meant, What me to give her a name and some information about her backstory and appearance?
Please do, nonetheless, I intent to give the player to create a name for her, just like every other character available in-game.
In case you haven't tried it, when prompted for a name, if you simply press enter, the default name will be used ^^

EDIT
The Game Menu has been finished.
Game Menu_hover.jpg
Current Projects:
Names...

Moon20
Regular

#10 Post by Moon20 »

oh okey, Yes i have tryed other game whit there we can give the characther other name than the orginal ones. Og here is my characther

Name: Missy Rosegrans
personality: Mean, Cold,heartless but deep is she kind and caring
Bio: She is our MC childhoodfriend and Fiancee. helt since she whas litte child har her parents beat her up because of that she is afrid to get closer to other people and the only person she can trust is her childhood friend our MC. She asked MC parents at she can live whit them but only one condtition at she is MC fiancee and getting married to him and she accept that. Since that time she have lived whit MC and have rarely contact whit her parents. She is in Love whit MC and whis she is getting married to him soon. She get easy jealous on other girls so getting closer to MC.

I hope you like the new characther and about her backstory and appearance. Sorry for my bad english, I dont speak or write in english.

YaibaToKen

#11 Post by YaibaToKen »

Moon20 wrote:oh okey, Yes i have tryed other game whit there we can give the characther other name than the orginal ones. Og here is my characther

Name: Missy Rosegrans
personality: Mean, Cold,heartless but deep is she kind and caring
Bio: She is our MC childhoodfriend and Fiancee. helt since she whas litte child har her parents beat her up because of that she is afrid to get closer to other people and the only person she can trust is her childhood friend our MC. She asked MC parents at she can live whit them but only one condtition at she is MC fiancee and getting married to him and she accept that. Since that time she have lived whit MC and have rarely contact whit her parents. She is in Love whit MC and whis she is getting married to him soon. She get easy jealous on other girls so getting closer to MC.

I hope you like the new characther and about her backstory and appearance. Sorry for my bad english, I dont speak or write in english.
seems interesting, no problem on the english side XD
if you could elaborate it a bit more, no need for something complex, just some events to use for both her backstory and interactions with the mc
Current Projects:
Names...

Moon20
Regular

#12 Post by Moon20 »

Thats good at you understand my english, Do you mean at i shall explaine litte bit more about her past, Why her parents beat her up and litte bit more how she become MC Fiancee?

YaibaToKen

#13 Post by YaibaToKen »

Moon20 wrote:Thats good at you understand my english, Do you mean at i shall explaine litte bit more about her past, Why her parents beat her up and litte bit more how she become MC Fiancee?
yes, and you're also free to throw some ideas about how the relationship between her and the mc as well as between her and the other girls as we advance through the game.
Current Projects:
Names...

Moon20
Regular

#14 Post by Moon20 »

oh okey.

About Missy Rosegrans

When Missy whas litte child she be beat up by her parents everytime they drank and get drunk and because of that she start living whit MC parents since MC parents whas close friend of Missy parents. But since Missy parents whas dept on MC parents and have not pay the dept they figure at whis Missy be MC fiancee they shall forgett all about the dept and let Missy live whit them. She is getting married to MC after they graduate whis not MC fall in love whit other girls and give up his engage to Missy. Shull that happend shall Missy still live whit MC but she must start living on her own after graduate and Missy parents must pay the dept no matter what.

I hope i explaine much better about Missy.

YaibaToKen

#15 Post by YaibaToKen »

Currently having some issues with the banking system code in the script... If someone doesn't mind checking the code for errors, please pm me.
Current Projects:
Names...