Lunar Lotus Festival [GXB][Fantasy][RPG][Otome]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Nuxill
Veteran
Projects: No Friend
Tumblr: nuxill
itch: nuxill

Re: Lunar Lotus Festival [GXB][Fantasy,RPG,Date Sim, Otome]

#16 Post by Nuxill »

I think the top picture looks best. If you're worried you could make the color a little lighter and it would still look nice. Before it was fighting with the characters and background too much.

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#17 Post by Sapphi »

Kingv wrote: I tried it out with the desaturated purple from the logo. Do you guys think this would work better? I have to admit it definitely not as loud. But it seems to darken everything as well. I think I'll play with it some more and see what would mix. But I think the purple is a step in the right direction.
I do think it makes everything look darker.
It's definitely easier on the eyes than that loud pink/black combination, though, and in the end I think I like it more.

GUI aside, I'm trying to assess why your screenshots look so cluttered to me. Part of it is, of course, that there are a lot of words on the screen at once, and a lot of little windows. But I think another part of it is that your backgrounds have very saturated colors, and a lot of them. Those books in the alchemy menu's background are really popping out at me, for instance. And I think the bright white of that floral screen in the background distracts from the white text and makes everything look noisier. I'm not really sure what you could do to remedy this very well other than reworking the backgrounds, though, which I'm sure you don't want to do at this point :P

Another nitpicky thing (feel free to disregard): It's irking me that the menu text is in a nice, basic sans-serif font, and the dialogue is in a comic book font. I'll admit it's partially a matter of personal preference, but I would rather see the dialogue in the same font as everything else. (And it's weird that the item descriptions are in lower/upper cases while the dialogue is all upper case. I feel like they are all yelling at me, lol.)

Oh yeah, and I really hope one of those secret endings involves Ignatious. Because come on, just look at him! Who could resist?! :mrgreen:
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

FatUnicornGames
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Club Shuffle

#18 Post by FatUnicornGames »

Nuxill wrote:I think the top picture looks best. If you're worried you could make the color a little lighter and it would still look nice. Before it was fighting with the characters and background too much.
Agreed, maybe a bit more of a mid desaturated purple. Not too light as to not read with the white and not so dark as to not read with the black.

It does really help in featuring your art more though.
Developer Blog for Club Shuffle - Follow and Share?
-Also! You can call me Crystal if you want.-

FatUnicornGames
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Club Shuffle

#19 Post by FatUnicornGames »

Sapphi wrote:
Kingv wrote: Another nitpicky thing (feel free to disregard): It's irking me that the menu text is in a nice, basic sans-serif font, and the dialogue is in a comic book font.
I have to admit that I feel similarly. There might be a more appropriate font for the dialogue. It is kind of a Fantasy piece right?

Something like this maybe? http://www.dafont.com/cicle.font I dunno. I didn't look for very long.
Developer Blog for Club Shuffle - Follow and Share?
-Also! You can call me Crystal if you want.-

Kingv
Veteran
Projects: Pet Tails, Transformation Sequence, Cheer On!
Tumblr: EphemeralBalance
Deviantart: kingv

#20 Post by Kingv »

Nuxill wrote:I think the top picture looks best. If you're worried you could make the color a little lighter and it would still look nice. Before it was fighting with the characters and background too much.
Thanks for the input. I made more color adjustment to the purple.
Sapphi wrote:
Kingv wrote: I tried it out with the desaturated purple from the logo. Do you guys think this would work better? I have to admit it definitely not as loud. But it seems to darken everything as well. I think I'll play with it some more and see what would mix. But I think the purple is a step in the right direction.
I do think it makes everything look darker.
It's definitely easier on the eyes than that loud pink/black combination, though, and in the end I think I like it more.

GUI aside, I'm trying to assess why your screenshots look so cluttered to me. Part of it is, of course, that there are a lot of words on the screen at once, and a lot of little windows. But I think another part of it is that your backgrounds have very saturated colors, and a lot of them. Those books in the alchemy menu's background are really popping out at me, for instance. And I think the bright white of that floral screen in the background distracts from the white text and makes everything look noisier. I'm not really sure what you could do to remedy this very well other than reworking the backgrounds, though, which I'm sure you don't want to do at this point :P

Another nitpicky thing (feel free to disregard): It's irking me that the menu text is in a nice, basic sans-serif font, and the dialogue is in a comic book font. I'll admit it's partially a matter of personal preference, but I would rather see the dialogue in the same font as everything else. (And it's weird that the item descriptions are in lower/upper cases while the dialogue is all upper case. I feel like they are all yelling at me, lol.)

Oh yeah, and I really hope one of those secret endings involves Ignatious. Because come on, just look at him! Who could resist?! :mrgreen:
I never noticed the busyness before but now that you point it out I see what you're saying. I can rework some of the BGs since I created them in Flash. I don't know how familiar you are with the program but it's kinda like Photoshop in that everything is created with layers. So there are some things I can make changes to but other things are pretty much set unless I redo them completely. I made some adjustments to to Ignatious's background by tinting some of the items behind him so they won't stand out as much. His office is supposed to be rather messy because you later go there looking for something on a quest and it turns into a hidden object game. I attached a picture to show what it looks like now.
I really should have gotten input on the text earlier! At this point I'm up to 23,614 frames and there's now way I can manually go back and change the font for each one without it taking a big chunk out of my production schedule. My original thought was that since the game is based on one of my comics I'd use the same font for both to tie them together. I'm feeling a little stuck at this point considering how far I've come...
He was planned to have a secret ending but I ended up cutting it since I was a bit much. If there's time after all the major routes are done I might be able to add it back in.
FatUnicornGames wrote:
Sapphi wrote:
Kingv wrote: Another nitpicky thing (feel free to disregard): It's irking me that the menu text is in a nice, basic sans-serif font, and the dialogue is in a comic book font.
I have to admit that I feel similarly. There might be a more appropriate font for the dialogue. It is kind of a Fantasy piece right?

Something like this maybe? http://www.dafont.com/cicle.font I dunno. I didn't look for very long.
It does have a fantasy type of setting and I really like that font. I'm still mulling over what I'm going to do about it since there's no way to change all the text font at once in Flash. I'd have to do it manually frame by frame.
Attachments
miscScreens.jpg
iggyShop.jpg

KissOfDeath
Regular
Projects: Ikofá (In Development)

#21 Post by KissOfDeath »

Any new progress on this one? I've been stalking, uh I mean, watching this thread for a bit of time and I've played the demo countless times as well. I'm quite fond of it and I'd like to get all the endings when it is done. I noticed a few typos, but I guess that's to be expcted with a demo, and either you or other have probably notified you about them already, so don't mind me-just my Proofreader nature ^>^. All in all, can't wait! Keep us all posted!
"Build your own pyramids, write your own hieroglyphs." -Kendrick Lamar
-KissOfDeath

Completed:
RE:Set Episode(s) 1 and 2 (Proofreader)
*A Troll's Fairy Tale* http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=20160 (Proofreader)

Kingv
Veteran

#22 Post by Kingv »

KissOfDeath wrote:Any new progress on this one? I've been stalking, uh I mean, watching this thread for a bit of time and I've played the demo countless times as well. I'm quite fond of it and I'd like to get all the endings when it is done. I noticed a few typos, but I guess that's to be expcted with a demo, and either you or other have probably notified you about them already, so don't mind me-just my Proofreader nature ^>^. All in all, can't wait! Keep us all posted!
I posted an update last month with changes' I've made so far as well as a revised demo. I'll post what was updated here as well. I'm really glad you're enjoying the demo and i'm working hard to complete the game. I've been told of a few typos but I certainly don't mind if you PM me with any you run across. I know I won't catch them all and I at least want to work out major spelling errors. I'll continue to make post status updates here so no worries about that!

Code: Select all

Update #9
-Fixed lack of button disappearance on title menu
- Debugged secret treasure chest quest
-Fixed glitch in Ryus' Fiend Hunt that caused the NaN error
-Fixed work button glitch in Mays' Room
- Began rough coding on Luckys' Mini Date
-Finished Mouses' bonus event
-Started on Luckys' 2nd date location(disabled for demo)
-Finished all bachelors Jealousy Scenes (disabled for demo)
- Added in a tutorial system. Can be accessed from Jade's Shop
- Redid the text box and relocated the Save, Load and Quit buttons to them
-Redid negative days error
-Added additional cheat codes
-Tweaked parts of the intro
-Updated change log with more game info and pictures 
Here a few scenes that are done, but I disabled them for the demo. They'll be playable in the final version. They are Lucky's second date location and one of the Jealousy scenes.
Attachments
hiddenScenes.png

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#23 Post by WickedRaccoon »

i'm soooo in love with the demo already,imagine how madly in love i'll be when it's completed!!!!!can't wait fot it to be released.keep up the great work!

Kingv
Veteran

#24 Post by Kingv »

WickedRaccoon wrote:i'm soooo in love with the demo already,imagine how madly in love i'll be when it's completed!!!!!can't wait fot it to be released.keep up the great work!
Thank you very much, I really appreciate the support!

AshenhartKrie
Veteran
Tumblr: ashenhartkrie

#25 Post by AshenhartKrie »

This looks really cool, I can't wait until it's finished. Mouse looks really sexy.
One problem for me is that the menu's look really busy, but I like the saturated purple.

tired. grumpy. queer
*uses he/him pronouns*

akizakura
Regular
Completed: Adversity Comp 2012
Projects: Everything's Going My Way
Organization: Mitayume

#26 Post by akizakura »

Hey Kingv, I'll try to sit down and write out more thoughtful suggestions later, but from what I've read and played of the demo, I'm definitely looking forward to this project! Keep up the good work!

Kingv
Veteran

#27 Post by Kingv »

AshenhartKrie wrote:This looks really cool, I can't wait until it's finished. Mouse looks really sexy.
One problem for me is that the menu's look really busy, but I like the saturated purple.
I can't wait til it's done either, I've been working on it for a bit. Mouse is one of my favs. ^^ I'm in the process of changing out the colors from pink to the new purple so the demo looks a little mismatched right now. I'll see what I can do about moving some things around to make it less cluttered.
akizakura wrote:Hey Kingv, I'll try to sit down and write out more thoughtful suggestions later, but from what I've read and played of the demo, I'm definitely looking forward to this project! Keep up the good work!
Thank you for giving the demo a play through and 'm looking forward to hearing what you think of it as progress continues.

michi 18
Veteran
Completed: none at the moment's notice
Projects: The Universal Hope;Wisdom Revival
Organization: Pridal Heavens Inc.

Re: Lunar Lotus Festival [GXB][Fantasy][RPG][Otome]

#28 Post by michi 18 »

I really loved mouse ! Next? Hmm.... the Angel maybe ? or is it the fox? Anyways, I hope you'll finish it (fast) ! I wanna know the outcome.
Projects: (I hope you'll support them ) Wisdom Revivalhttp://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=16488 and Universal Hope (Uni-H)http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=16452.

CatyCats
Regular

#29 Post by CatyCats »

Is it still going?

ixWishing
Veteran

#30 Post by ixWishing »

I haven't played this since a few years ago on DA ^^.
I'll be sure to play the demo again, to provide any feedback :>
- Everlasting Dreams ;