Scattered Lives

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
erinism
Regular

Re: Scattered Lives

#16 Post by erinism »

chocojax wrote:Hey, just got led back here by your signature, loool. Glad to see that you're still working on this. :>

The 3D chara. gen looks very nice and appealing to the eyes.
Something I would suggest though, if you haven't thought of it yet, is having animated sprites. I generally expect a 3D model to move, and seeing one that's a static image is a little bit strange. Something like Phoenix Wright would be very cool. Just a suggestion, though!! :P
Do you mean like blinking and nodding? The idea is pretty awesome, I might have to look into it down the track, but at the moment since I'm doing everything on my own I can't make any promises. However, if I can do this I definitely will.

Thanks for the feedback and for visiting my post!

DreamDragonHatchling
Regular

#17 Post by DreamDragonHatchling »

This sounds interesting, keep up the good work! I like possibly to choose all my characters actions, but that is hard, i know once tried to make a game like that.... to many menus XD but sill i will some day bring that beast down and make a game like that.

And may i ask from were did you get that engine that made those spirits? Thy look nice, not too into that style, but if i can manipulate there body's(and point of view) that could make drawing easier.

erinism
Regular

#18 Post by erinism »

DreamDragonHatchling wrote:This sounds interesting, keep up the good work! I like possibly to choose all my characters actions, but that is hard, i know once tried to make a game like that.... to many menus XD but sill i will some day bring that beast down and make a game like that.

And may i ask from were did you get that engine that made those spirits? Thy look nice, not too into that style, but if i can manipulate there body's(and point of view) that could make drawing easier.

The software is called 'Comipo', the range of body manipulation is very limited since the software is made for manga creation - there are only so many set poses to choose from - however you can manipulate the positioning and camera angles. Which I found works perfectly within VNs for sprites and CGs. My major problem with it though, is that the costume choices are limited to a school uniform (for both genders) in a few colours and a business suit (for both genders) in a few colours. So if you're looking to do anything other than a high school type story, you might be better with an engine that allows more user generated content (the user generated content for the english release of comipo is limited to a few deviantart uses from what I can find) or you could make your own resources (this isn't impossible but veeeery time consuming).

http://www.comipo.com/en/index.html <---- Is the official website, you can buy the software from a few different websites for about $50, give or take.

Hope this helped, Thank you for posting!

Kessie
Regular

#19 Post by Kessie »

This is a game I am really going to look forward to :D.
What really attracts my attention is the amount of game freedom with it heavily relying on choices compared to the protagonist being almost predetermined for the player.

With that said, I am just a writer but if by any chance you need another to help with this project, I would be more than happy to.

erinism
Regular

#20 Post by erinism »

Kessie wrote:This is a game I am really going to look forward to :D.
What really attracts my attention is the amount of game freedom with it heavily relying on choices compared to the protagonist being almost predetermined for the player.

With that said, I am just a writer but if by any chance you need another to help with this project, I would be more than happy to.
Thank you for your very pretty and make-me-feel-nicey words! I feel the same way about protagonists in games, there's something awkward in seeing the thoughts or actions of a person you are supposed to be representing, and to disagree with them. When a protagonist is good and presented properly, this can be very effective but I always have that feeling that 'I'd have done it differently if I could...'.

Also, thank you for your offer - I am still in very large brainstorms and path-maps at the moment, but as I get further along, I may take you up on that offer if I get stuck or need fresh eyes.

cladinpink
Regular

#21 Post by cladinpink »

I was actually led here by your signature, and boy am I glad I was!

I really like the concept, what with being able to shape your character after your choices rather than have a pre-determined personality and simply having choices tailored after that. It's also refreshing to see a game that focuses on the characters rather than romance.

I'm excited to see where this goes ^^