The Pirate Mermaid [GxB][Fantasy] - New Demo Out!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
MinaThomas

Re: The Pirate Mermaid [GxB][Fantasy][Open Demo up for downl

#166 Post by MinaThomas »

I uh... did a review/feedback type thing on your demo. Well it's more me rambling on about what I liked about it so I'm not really sure it will be very helpful to you guys. Posted it on my blog in the hopes that I'd be able to advertise a little for you but It's like really new so I probably failed at that too haha ^-^'
http://minasmadhouse.blogspot.co.uk/201 ... -demo.html

Guess I'm just trying to show some support... Anyway really enjoyed the demo and am looking forward to the full game!
Last edited by MinaThomas on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nellie
Veteran
Completed: Love Like No Other; a2 ~a due~
Projects: The Pirate Mermaid; Gamelicious!; Spiral Destiny
Organization: Navigame

#167 Post by Nellie »

@Cassie's- Thanks! We try to make sure the characters cover various scopes of interest, so everyone can find someone they like :3 Hope you'll enjoy the final game too! :)

@Maegalkarven- My English is bad too D: Thank you for your support, we'll try to get the final game done as perfect (and soon XD) as we can! :) The last merman... Ohoho, you'll need to try the final version of the game to find out who he is :3

MinaThomas- Awwww, thanks for doing such an in-depth review for us! We really appreciate it, and we're so glad you like the demo! :D Hoping the final, full version of the game won't disappoint you! ;) Promise there'll be more Jack-goodness :3

Rosealie

#168 Post by Rosealie »

I just played the demo. I thought it was so great! And you would not believe the absolute horror when it said "end of demo" hahaha. I want to play more! This looks so awesome! :D

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#169 Post by WickedRaccoon »

*A wild reply appears...rather late..^^;;*
Ok, time to share my thoughts upon the recent updates!
Arowana wrote:Also, I don't remember if we ever posted it, but Nellie's friend did an awesome drawing of the MC! (we still need to vote on her default name lol)
Is this concept of the MC's sprite going to be used after all? :/
Nellie wrote:Also... Aro and I are considering revamping the current game assets to make it more... visually appealing. Here's an attempt of the prince sprite revamp...What do you think? Do you prefer the old style, or the new style? :)
D8 what kind of gypsy magic IS THIS????? This revamp is so good, it brings tears to my eyes *dang you onion-cutting ninjas*.
Well,you guys already decided to not go with the semi-realistic art style but heck! One more comment won't do any harm. ^w^
Even though the fangirl inside me would be thrilled to see this style in the game, I would agree with the rest of the comments about the amount of work needed to revamp eveything else to fit the new art. But I would like to see this in your future games (how cool would that be? :D)
Nellie wrote:And... The final major character in this game! Who do you think he is? :3
My common sence tells me that mr. John Doe over here is maybe...oh, I dunno...our merbird Jack? Who somehow went from a hybrid species to *drools* a supah-hot merman? *w* please say yes...
Actually, this comment is not that important since it doesn't give any helpful tips/suggestions. Basically, it's just a note saying a few thoughts and has a ton of drooling over some hunky men. But, I just wanted to say that I'm still awaiting for this game (and any future releases you make). Oh! And Nellie, Arowana, you are both awesome!
Keep up the good work!
Cheers!

Nellie
Veteran

#170 Post by Nellie »

@Rosealie-
Thanks for the compliment! We're working very hard on the final game! It'll definitely be out... Some time :3

@WickedRaccoon-
We're sticking with the original anime art, since it's more popular so far, and it's less work for us :3 But we definitely do have games planned with the more realistic style! A more serious attempt with (probably) less gag maybe. And no Jack D:

Maybe the chibi pics will give you all a better idea who the new merman is! :3

Chibi updates for you all who's following the thread~~ :)
mermaid chibi 1.jpg
MC and Jack up to no good :3
mermaid chibi 2.jpg
JACK ATTACK!
mermaid chibi 3.jpg
MC sneaking around again...
mermaid chibi 3 new.jpg
But princey seems to be right behind trail xD

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: The Pirate Mermaid [GxB][Fantasy][6/18]

#171 Post by try10 »

This is so cute! I love them! :D

OfHoneyIronandWine

#172 Post by OfHoneyIronandWine »

ugh...I'm so impatient!!! I just want the next demo to be out already!! I'm so excited I'm trying not to burst into a million pieces!! > w <

Nellie
Veteran

#173 Post by Nellie »

try10 wrote:This is so cute! I love them! :D
Awww~ Thanks! :) I'm motivated to make more adorable chibis =D
OfHoneyIronandWine wrote:ugh...I'm so impatient!!! I just want the next demo to be out already!! I'm so excited I'm trying not to burst into a million pieces!! > w <
I'm sorry we're so slow D: Well, good news (I think it's a good news? XD) is - next version will not be a demo, but the completed version! XD

Some BG updates (they're not really pretty to look at atm but... just so I can pretend to have something to update *hides*)

I have feelings ppl might be more interested in this update... So here comes, the third attainable guy in the game!
Take a shot at guessing who he is... Based on your knowledge of your the tale of the little mermaid... :3
Whoever gets it right, gets a chibi doodle from me... As well as play the full game first before anyone else~~ (yay? xD)
Which reminds me, I still owe 2 person chibi doodles.... Gets off to work...

Writing wise, Aro is almost done with Prince Mikali's path, clocking at around 65k word count atm. I can't wait for everyone to read what she has done, it's so amazing and cute - got me blushing and smiling half the time I was reading it! <3

Also, I'm wondering if you'd prefer to have the whole game released at once, and bits by bits, after each attainable guy's path is done? :?:

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

Re: The Pirate Mermaid [GxB][Fantasy][7/04]

#174 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Amg-Amg-Amg this game ;o;

Been lurking in the shadows for a while and so happy that it's still being made!
I really don't care if it's released in parts (each guys route) or a whole but, from what I've seen in this community, the whole shabang would most likely be preferred!

Oh and about Mr. HotFins above maybe he's
Ursula? The evil witch, but like a dude ;o; Or maybe Flounder? But that doesn't make much sense as she isn't Ariel and all but I tried *dies*
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

Duvilier
Projects: Sour Grapes

#175 Post by Duvilier »

Hm, well we only know the prince, sorcerer, our lovable parrot, and our no good ex crew. The new mereman has three fins, is a pirate, and has a pony tail. Hehas arm fins and Jack has arm wings.
I ‘d have to say its Jack ( can birds have pony tails?),but then again Jack isn’t part of the Little Mermaid, but Flounder is. So Jack is like Flounder because he’s her animal friend?

Jason
Regular
Completed: Sierra Ops Episode 1 and 2, Rising Angels: Reborn (Some CGs)
Projects: Sierra Ops, Muv-Luv Kickstarter
Organization: Innomen Team

#176 Post by Jason »

Nellie, Prince Mikali needs armored titan's abs lol.
Seriously, I can't wait until this gets finished. Be sure to notify me in Skype! :D
Innomen Team Presents: Sierra Ops

We're a very small team of developers from all over the world, with most of the founding members in Philippines.

Mikae

#177 Post by Mikae »

I can't WAIT for this to be released, just played the demo and it was awesome-pawsome! <3

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

#178 Post by ririruetoo »

I'm thinking the new character is the eels from the Little Mermaid, the minions that follow out Ursula's business. Honestly I think he looks kinda evil looking,
ImageImageImage

Chrizine
Regular
Projects: Perios - Chained Sorceress (WIP), Sword vs. Staff (WIP)
Organization: Motdl Productions

#179 Post by Chrizine »

He could also be Sebastian, considering his clothes. They look rather formal and uniform-like, which would fit...
Take a look at Perios - Chained Sorceress!
And also on Sword vs. Staff, my short new project...
And, of course, our blog!
Honest Critique

Hash23

#180 Post by Hash23 »

OMG! this looks sooo interesting ...I'm all excited for the complete version to come out XD So here are lots of encouragement from me to you to help you finish this project asap so that we can finally enjoy it to the fullest :D