The Pirate Mermaid [GxB][Fantasy] - New Demo Out!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
NeoAngelique
Regular

Re: The Pirate Mermaid [GxB][Fantasy][9/15]

#196 Post by NeoAngelique »

The art is really beautiful and I am waiting for the game to be completed :D

Flowers from Nowhere
Regular
Completed: The Crystal Castle
Projects: My Ninja Life

#197 Post by Flowers from Nowhere »

I like a good GxG path as much as I like a good GxB path and it's fun to see games that have both. That said, I do really want to play this so it's hard to come out completely in favor of anything that'll delay its release.

If you do add one I am certainly in favor of keeping the fanservice to a reasonable level. Panty shots in particular are a huge turn off for me... not that I imagine this cast will provide many opportunities for them.

silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

#198 Post by silverpikachu99 »

Can't wait for the real deal to come out~! Keep up the good work :D
i'll cry if you yell at me

Nellie
Veteran
Completed: Love Like No Other; a2 ~a due~
Projects: The Pirate Mermaid; Gamelicious!; Spiral Destiny
Organization: Navigame

#199 Post by Nellie »

Didules wrote:From the start I don't like fan-service, a little bit is fine but when it gets to obvious I think it's repulsive (moreover when it's all about boobs and panties and so on, it gets on my nerve), so you have my opinion, don't you? (BTW I'm a girl, but maybe some girls would rather have a bit of fan-service ^^) :D The more realistic, the better! It can also make your game stand out :)
Well then good luck for everything!! :)
Anne wrote:I don't care much about GxG (the ones I've played seemed really boring). So I'd prefer the game to be released faster instead :)
Kyra10 wrote:I love this! <3
I can't wait to play the full game!
I don't mind either way, but I'd rather not have a GxG path if it means the game getting released sooner.
Good Luck!
try10 wrote:YAY! Another update. Thank you again for your hard work. :D As for the GxG path I don't really mind, but I would prefer the game to be released faster. :)
KittyKatStar wrote:I actually wouldn't mind the GxG path... It'd be nice to see a GxG path aimed for females (since I enjoy GxB and GxG and having both choices in one game is awesome.)

But it's up to you, you guys are working so hard already so don't overload yourselves. ^^
Flowers from Nowhere wrote:I like a good GxG path as much as I like a good GxB path and it's fun to see games that have both. That said, I do really want to play this so it's hard to come out completely in favor of anything that'll delay its release.

If you do add one I am certainly in favor of keeping the fanservice to a reasonable level. Panty shots in particular are a huge turn off for me... not that I imagine this cast will provide many opportunities for them.
Thanks for the input! :D We'll let you know our final decision when we're closer to completion date :3

Didules wrote:A looooong time ago I played the demo and found it great, animations help to get into the game, the art was nice and the story seems interesting (kinda liked the reversed "little mermaid" though the story is really different). I'm pleased to see that it's still going on :)
Maegalkarven wrote:Wow! I like this new guy a lot!*O* And that's good to know, that you don't forget about game and work on it) I'm looking forward seeing vn)
NeoAngelique wrote:The art is really beautiful and I am waiting for the game to be completed :D
silverpikachu99 wrote:Can't wait for the real deal to come out~! Keep up the good work :D
We're sorry for the delay OTL But we promise this project won't get abandoned, we're still working hard on it! Thanks for your patience and encouragement! :D Oh @Didules, glad you noticed and appreciated the little animations :D

AERenoir wrote: Ooo, is pretty!!! The sorcerer looks 10x more amazing! XD
Uh... I hate to whine, but the main character's face looks rather off. Her eyes seem squashed to the middle. Maybe you could shift the right eye (our right, her left) to the right a bit?
You're right about that... I'll edit it! Thanks for the feedback :D

I'll just leave some art sketches... Because who likes updates without images? //shot
Castle 2 copyb.jpg
edit.jpg
Wizard.jpg
Random sketch request of the characters accepted to kick my motivation (and it might be good to be used in-game as actual CG too!) since I'm being uber lazy here in extremely hot climate of India... OTL

Once again, thanks for your continuous support :D

Cheers~

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#200 Post by try10 »

The castle is so pretty. I love the colors. :D Thanks again for the update.

OfHoneyIronandWine

#201 Post by OfHoneyIronandWine »

Haven't seen an update post in ages :( any new progress on the game?

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#202 Post by try10 »

I too wonder what happened. I haven't seen an update for quite some time. Is everything all right? :(

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#203 Post by KittyKatStar »

I can't really speak for them, but Nellie will be traveling across the globe soon, and Aro is balancing a few other projects. So they're alive and well. ^_^v

Arowana
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: a2 ~a due~
Projects: AXIOM.01, The Pirate Mermaid
Organization: Variable X, Navigame
Tumblr: navigame-media
itch: navigame

#204 Post by Arowana »

Hey guys! It's really nice to see that people still remember our project. ^_^

Sorry we've gotten so lax about posting here, but the game is definitely still going. Both Nellie and I are pretty busy this week, but I promise to put together a nice big compilation update this weekend (including new images and maybe a short video clip). Hope you can check back then. :D
Complete: a2 ~a due~ (music, language, love)
In progress: The Pirate Mermaid (fairytale otome)
On hold: AXIOM.01 (girl detective game)

Rosstin2
Veteran
Completed: King's Ascent, Kitty Love
Projects: Queen At Arms, Rex Rocket
Organization: Aqualuft Games

#205 Post by Rosstin2 »

Sexy! I love mermaids :-3

Arowana
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: a2 ~a due~
Projects: AXIOM.01, The Pirate Mermaid
Organization: Variable X, Navigame
Tumblr: navigame-media
itch: navigame

#206 Post by Arowana »

@ Rosstin
They’re automatic shirtless scenes! ;D

Time for our big weekend compilation update! Sorry again for being so bad about posting; I think we tend to be shy about showing things that aren’t completely finalized. But hey, that’s what a WIP thread is for, right? :D

First up, we have some updated sprite art. Prince Mikali’s art is more or less complete, while the others are still in progress. I quite like the new sprites – they’re very expressive and fun to play around with!

Prince Mikali

Sorcerer

Malik and MC

You can see the new art for Mikali in action in the video below. I’ve coded a new system to handle sprite transitions, which makes it a lot easier to work with all the poses and expressions. I also channeled Jack and applied some shiny effects to his hair and necklace. I hope it’s not too distracting?

Next up is some of the background art that comes after the demo. I think we’ve posted some of these images before, but I’ve compiled them all so you can get an overall idea of what the mermaid kingdom looks like (the sunset beach being the one exception, of course).

And here are some CG previews. The full images are pretty spoilery, so I’ll only show snippets for now. :)

Script wise, Prince Mikali’s path is done (which is why most of the images above are related to him, haha), and I am about halfway through the sorcerer’s path (his backstory has changed a bit, so some rewriting was necessary ;)). The current wordcount is around 130k. I’ll keep chugging along, and am planning to do videos of some new scenes once the sprites are finished. ^_^

As for music, Ziassan was kind enough to compose a few songs to replace the CC music in our demo! He’s very talented, so please give them a listen. If you haven’t heard the new version of our opening song (composed by Trial and Error, sung by the lovely Nani), I’ve linked that below as well.

Shattered Sonata (storm theme)
Sea Puzzle (fairytale theme)
The Pirate Mermaid OP (lyrics)

I think that about sums it up for now. Instead of doing NaNoRenO this year, we’re going to do WorkOnExistingProjectO, so hopefully we’ll make some good progress this month as well. :) Thanks again to everyone following our game! As always, your comments, questions, feedback, etc. are all warmly welcomed.
Complete: a2 ~a due~ (music, language, love)
In progress: The Pirate Mermaid (fairytale otome)
On hold: AXIOM.01 (girl detective game)

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

Re: The Pirate Mermaid [GxB][Fantasy][3/3/14]

#207 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Thank you very much for the update! I love the expressions---they're really cute, and will surely give me diabetes. :)

The backgrounds are really lovely too. The sun on the water . . . wow.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#208 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Everything is looking great ^^ Keep it up!
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#209 Post by try10 »

OMG! The art! Just look at those gorgeous backgrounds! :shock: This made my day! Thank you for the update. :D

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#210 Post by noeinan »

Wow, I'm loving the new sprites and those backgrounds... THOSE BACKGROUNDS!!! D: They're too beautiful! I'll turn into sea foam!