The Pirate Mermaid [GxB][Fantasy] - New Demo Out!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Rin_Itami
Deviantart: Rin_Itami

Re: The Pirate Mermaid [GxB][Fantasy][Update March 9]

#286 Post by Rin_Itami »

I really love the demo and can't wait for the full game to come out! Thank you so, so, so much for making this game! I hope you can post the release date soon. Thank you for taking your time to read this. ~Rin

Rahnos
Regular

#287 Post by Rahnos »

Merpeople! Awesome! So glad this project is continuing. I've followed the Tumblr. It's all looking awesome so far! The animations are great, just that extra bit will probably make for a nicer VN!

lockpicklogic
Regular

#288 Post by lockpicklogic »

I'd be honoured if you used it! :D
With regards to the timeline, I'd recommend at least one month, just for the sake of being realistic.
I'd also suggest leaving a second demo for later? Occasional CG's make for good sustenance and I am very happy to wait. :)
Never grow a wishbone, daughter, where your backbone ought to be.
-- Clementine Paddelford --

Qeedy

#289 Post by Qeedy »

i've just play it and I REALLY LOVE IT!
i have to keep my patient until the full version is out
keep up the good work ;)

polarisked

#290 Post by polarisked »

Oh my gosh *q* I can't wait for the full version to be out already!!
The art was so gorgeous it struck me at first sight /le dies/

Erikka
Regular

#291 Post by Erikka »

Any news about the project?

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#292 Post by try10 »

Update us, please? :)

wayward
Regular

#293 Post by wayward »

This looks good. Inspiring.

Nellie
Veteran
Completed: Love Like No Other; a2 ~a due~
Projects: The Pirate Mermaid; Gamelicious!; Spiral Destiny
Organization: Navigame

#294 Post by Nellie »

KittyKatStar wrote:I'd rather wait until the game is closer to completion, but that's just me. XD

If you need anyone to beta-test though, I'd be more than happy to. ;o; You've done so much for me and Deji we can't thank you enough. Game looks awesome <3
**hugs Kitty** Yea, you're right - it's definitely better to wait till the game is closer to completion. We just feel guilty for everyone's been faithfully waiting and painfully waiting for our snail speed progress D:

We'll definitely cat-nap you as soon as we've got something to beta-test! Get ready for the sleepless night :twisted: :mrgreen:

Mad Harlequin wrote:I feel it's a more efficient use of your time to release a second demo closer to completion, so I don't mind waiting.

I love the new art---especially the backgrounds and the CGs! Well done!
Thanks so much for you patience *drowns in tears of gratitude*

So glad you like the direction of our art rendezvous! :D

Erikka wrote:You did a wonderful job!
I was laughing from the CG where Malik is biting MC's hand)))
Can't wait to read the scenes where MC is asking mermaids how they reproduce!)) It's very interesting and funny subject) Now I think that this game is going to be even more great!
This game is of a rom-com genre, but I sure hope we didn't emphasize too much on the comedy/gag side! ... Ah, don't worry, we make sure to include lots of lovey dovey sweet otome moments. Maybe. Probably. Yep, we did.

We actually spent a lot of time having intellectual, academical discussion and research on how the merfolk would procreate. Promise you'll like our final decisions :mrgreen:
Erikka wrote:I also think that 6 days deadline will make the romance too rush. I personally don't believe it's possible to fall in love so quickly. How about 6 weeks? Or at least 3 weeks?) Then it's more realistic)
Thanks for your input! Definitely taking this into consideration :)

Rin_Itami wrote:I really love the demo and can't wait for the full game to come out! Thank you so, so, so much for making this game! I hope you can post the release date soon. Thank you for taking your time to read this. ~Rin
Thanks so much for you love <3 Unfortunately, it's impossible to post a release date as both Arowana and I are working fulltime :( We will try our very best to release it as soon as possible (before we turn into grandmas) We should be able to release a small surprise for you all in a few months, fingers crossed! You can follow our Tumblr where we post the updates regularly :D

Rahnos wrote:Merpeople! Awesome! So glad this project is continuing. I've followed the Tumblr. It's all looking awesome so far! The animations are great, just that extra bit will probably make for a nicer VN!
Thanks for the love and for following our Tumblr :D We will work very hard not disappoint! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

lockpicklogic wrote:I'd be honoured if you used it! :D
With regards to the timeline, I'd recommend at least one month, just for the sake of being realistic.
I'd also suggest leaving a second demo for later? Occasional CG's make for good sustenance and I am very happy to wait. :)
Hurray! Thanks for giving permission <3 <3 <3
Thanks for your input! We're working around to see how we can revise the timeline instead of following the original Little Mermaid timeline XD Also working hard to include as many CGs as it's humanely possible for lil old lazy me :)

Harliqueen wrote:Can't wait for this :D Love anything to do with merpeople!

The art is stunning and those animations are incredible!
Qeedy wrote:i've just play it and I REALLY LOVE IT!
i have to keep my patient until the full version is out
keep up the good work ;)
polarisked wrote:Oh my gosh *q* I can't wait for the full version to be out already!!
The art was so gorgeous it struck me at first sight /le dies/
wayward wrote:This looks good. Inspiring.
OMG, there's still so much love... Now I definitely feel guilty for the lack of updates >_< Thanks you so much for still believing in us and patiently waiting for our updates! *drowns in tears of happiness*

Erikka wrote:Any news about the project?
try10 wrote:Update us, please? :)
Sorry for our tendency to... disappear for months in between updates OTL Please do follow our Tumblr for latest updates! I'll give a brief update over here as well.

Since a picture speaks a thousand words... Have a snippet collections of in game CGs. Hope you guys like it! :D
Some screenshots we already showed on Tumblr but not here yet...
And you can ask Jack questions on Tumblr too!
Currently, all game graphic assets are done, except for the CGs (approximately 20ish more to go!)
Writing is probably at around 50% done, clocking at approximately 230k words.
Coding for GUI and game features are 100% done too! :D Maybe except for certain bonus features which we're still wondering if we should include.

It's been a long journey, thank you for your continuous support - which is the reason we're still working hard on this project! We hope to be able to release this game as soon as possible too!

Cheers 8)

UnknownGirl777

Re: The Pirate Mermaid [GxB][Fantasy][Update Aug 17]

#295 Post by UnknownGirl777 »

Hey, I'm curious about one thing. I know that the demo is released for now, but when the full version comes out, is it still free or what? Anyways, the game seems to be really interesting!

sayakon

#296 Post by sayakon »

For some reason I can't play the demo on my laptop ( ; ㅁ ; ) [It's a mac by the way]
I see the main title page, but none of the buttons work, including the start button *sniff*
wazgoinoooonnn?? *cries*

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#297 Post by philip »

@sayakon-

I have played this demo on my iMac several times with no problems, but just to be on the safe side, I just redownloaded the demo and tried it again. No problems, so perhaps the problem is with your machine, or maybe you should try to download it again?

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

Nellie
Veteran
Completed: Love Like No Other; a2 ~a due~
Projects: The Pirate Mermaid; Gamelicious!; Spiral Destiny
Organization: Navigame

#298 Post by Nellie »

UnknownGirl777 wrote:Hey, I'm curious about one thing. I know that the demo is released for now, but when the full version comes out, is it still free or what? Anyways, the game seems to be really interesting!
Hi, thanks for giving the game a try and liking it! :D The full version of the core game will definitely be free, as we've promised! However, due to lack to funding, we might look into selling a Deluxe version or run a Kickstarter campaign to fund the extra features we hope to implement in the games to enhance the players' experience! Thanks for your support :)
sayakon wrote:For some reason I can't play the demo on my laptop ( ; ㅁ ; ) [It's a mac by the way]
I see the main title page, but none of the buttons work, including the start button *sniff*
wazgoinoooonnn?? *cries*
I'm so sorry about that! D:

What is your Mac OS, if I may ask? Also, are you able to select the buttons using arrows/keys instead of mouse? This is very troubling, as I can't imagine what's wrong >_< Please let me know more details! Thanks
philip wrote:@sayakon-

I have played this demo on my iMac several times with no problems, but just to be on the safe side, I just redownloaded the demo and tried it again. No problems, so perhaps the problem is with your machine, or maybe you should try to download it again?

philip
Thanks philip for your help!! :)

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#299 Post by try10 »

The screenshots and CG's are gorgeous! :D Thanks for updating us!

sayakon

#300 Post by sayakon »

@Nellie
Ah. I downloaded 2 more times and the second time it worked with the arrow keys \(^ω^\)( /^ω^)/ Thank you very much! (*^▽^*)
I'm so sorry for the griefs I caused m( _ _ )m

And the art and other stuff (don't know technical terms for all the moving thingies) is amazing! I would definitely buy the Deluxe version when it comes out ヽ(`∀´)ノ

@ philip
Thank you so much too!! ☆⌒(* ゜▽ ゜)