The Pirate Mermaid [GxB][Fantasy] - New Demo Out!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
crystalxelement

Re: The Pirate Mermaid [GxB][Fantasy][Video preview at page

#61 Post by crystalxelement »

I like Sharm's idea of the default name Aella.

Arowana
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: a2 ~a due~
Projects: AXIOM.01, The Pirate Mermaid
Organization: Variable X, Navigame
Tumblr: navigame-media
itch: navigame

Re: The Pirate Mermaid [GxB][Fantasy][Video preview at page

#62 Post by Arowana »

Thanks for all the name suggestions, everybody! So many cool ones...so hard to choose! We actually couldn't decide and ended up leaving the MC's name blank for now, but I might try my hand at a random name generator somewhere down the line. Totally stole junna's list of elemental names to name some other characters, though - thanks a bunch for the link! ^_^

Also wanted to say that the demo is now being beta-tested! We're still looking for someone with Linux to test it, so let us know if you're interested!
Complete: a2 ~a due~ (music, language, love)
In progress: The Pirate Mermaid (fairytale otome)
On hold: AXIOM.01 (girl detective game)

bunbun
Regular

Re: The Pirate Mermaid [GxB][Fantasy][Beta Demo]

#63 Post by bunbun »

checked the website and saw really amazing screen shoots!
I think you should post up the screen shoots on your front post too attract more people <3

When I saw beta demo I thought the demo was out and was desperate searching for the dl link lol
I'm a windows user ><
Really looking forward for the demo release!
Good luck and hope everything goes smoothly!
WIPS

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#64 Post by WickedRaccoon »

well,if you guys need a proofreader (for typos and grammar,cause that's all i know XD lol) then i'm most glad to help ^^ (i'm a windows user though "Orz)

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

#65 Post by ririruetoo »

How amazing! I can't wait to play~! I totally would beta test, but honestly I don't have a lot of time right now, and I think I'd enjoy the full game more if I didn't beta test it. When do you think it will be released?
ImageImageImage

AshenhartKrie
Veteran
Tumblr: ashenhartkrie

#66 Post by AshenhartKrie »

nuuuuu puzzle TT^TT
asdfkl I cannot believe how awesome this is.
AGAIN.

tired. grumpy. queer
*uses he/him pronouns*

Arowana
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: a2 ~a due~
Projects: AXIOM.01, The Pirate Mermaid
Organization: Variable X, Navigame
Tumblr: navigame-media
itch: navigame

#67 Post by Arowana »

@ bunbun
Ah, good point! I'll ask Nellie to edit the opening post. In the meantime, here are some screenshots I don't think we've posted yet:

Image Image
Image Image

And thanks for offering to help! I think we have enough (actually mostly) Windows testers, but I'll ask you again if we need more. :)

@ WickedRaccoon
Aw, thanks for the offer! The proofreaders we have so far are doing a great job, so I think we are okay for now. Will let you know if we need more help, though!

@ ririruetoo
Thanks for your support! Once Nellie and I decide on the changes for the public demo, we'll update with the expected release date. I hope it won't take too long to finalize everything - maybe a week or two depending on when we hear back from all the testers?

@ AshenhartKrie
Glad you're looking forward to the game! Don't worry - the puzzle is just a small jigsaw puzzle, so I don't think it will be too complicated. Finding all the pieces will probably be harder than putting them together.

So beta-testing so far has been going well - we haven't managed to melt anyone's computer yet, which is a good sign. ^^ Right now, we're waiting to hear back from a couple more people. And we're still looking for one of those elusive unicorn-like Linux testers - I know you exist somewhere! :D
Complete: a2 ~a due~ (music, language, love)
In progress: The Pirate Mermaid (fairytale otome)
On hold: AXIOM.01 (girl detective game)

Nellie
Veteran
Completed: Love Like No Other; a2 ~a due~
Projects: The Pirate Mermaid; Gamelicious!; Spiral Destiny
Organization: Navigame

Re: The Pirate Mermaid [GxB][Fantasy][Open Demo up for downl

#68 Post by Nellie »

Public demo is up! Grab them from the link in the opening post!

Hope you like them! Can't wait to hear feedbacks from everyone! Your input *will* affect the final outcome of the game :)

bunbun
Regular

#69 Post by bunbun »

congratulations!
I'm so going to download the demo now!
*will give feedback later on ^^*
as for celebration I drew a fanart but..I hesitated so much as it didn't turn out well >< Really suck at drawing bodies hahahah...
Please forgive me for butchering Mikali OTL
*link removed because I'm too embarrassed* :oops:
Last edited by bunbun on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
WIPS

Nellie
Veteran
Completed: Love Like No Other; a2 ~a due~
Projects: The Pirate Mermaid; Gamelicious!; Spiral Destiny
Organization: Navigame

#70 Post by Nellie »

*drools*

It's better than the in-game arts <3

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

#71 Post by Anna »

Hey Nellie!

I played the demo just now and it pleasantly surprised me :D! I love the fact that you put so much love into the presentation, as many things are animated and customised, sound effects are nicely used and over-all it's just lovely. The story is also really nice so far, I loved the opening scene which made me sympathetic to the main character and especially her poor father ^^. Keep up the great work~

edit: I was so pleased I used the word 'love' too much o_o; oops.

VerdeICe
Regular

#72 Post by VerdeICe »

Is the parrot the G/?. Because if it is I'm going to lol.

DigitalDiva

#73 Post by DigitalDiva »

oh my gosh i am TOTALLY interested in betaing your game. I run Windows 7 btw.

RunicV
Veteran
IRC Nick: RunicV

#74 Post by RunicV »

I tried the demo of your game! Things I'd like to point out:

-Music in title screen is awesome, great choice of music there
-Minor animations like the words in the beginning moving up and fading, the scroll at the bottom of the title screen make the game look really smooth and sleek.

I enjoyed the MC's dialogue with the sorceror and Mikali. Especially the sorceror, XD.
The way she kept pestering him was awesome, and I laughed a lot when they were talking.
The story in the beginning about her past was really heartbreaking and added character to the MC. The art was also gorgeous, I loved the shiny colouring. I had some minor nitpicks like how the scales on Mikali's tail looked a bit weird, but other than that, the art was flawless.

The music was also really good! I kept staying in one part just to listen to it.

I was wondering if your game would be commercial or free? I've looked everywhere, but still can't find the answer to that.
Also, is this the official demo for your game or just a beta? The white, blank sprites you used for the crew and the first mate seemed as if they were placeholders.

This game is really interesting and unique. I love the concept of it, although I dislike bad endings ;_: How easy will it be to end up as lobster bisque? Would there be one choice that determines whether or not you end up as dinner, or would it be only in Evil alignment routes? Would you have to be Evil once in the Good alignment route to save your own life?

I wish you the best of luck with this game~
Hatred: the absence of love.
Please, treat me with kindness.

bunbun
Regular

#75 Post by bunbun »

What I like :
Overall, it looks very professional. I really like the animations and opening, it gives me a clear understanding on the world setting.
GUIs are very neat too, songs matches and art is very pretty.
Fighting scene is well expressed too. (consider animation? XD) I find it really cute!
Jack is really really cute (although he got abuse and cause trouble) but I like him the most!

Not important suggestions :
On resolution setting, when I select normal screen button in normal screen, the left and right side stretched some black space on both sides.
I have to click full screen and return to normal screen to fix it. Not a bother but I'm thinking the game tried to fit to my resolution which stretches the edge.
On the ship background(right side), the message box and MC covered the whole ship, and only skies can be seen there. I think it's a waste if it's is covered ><
Also, it will be great if there's a name which is written for the mc instead of blank, and if people want to rename they can clear the given one and type in.

I won't mention about the story now as it's just the starting. It does make me want to proceed, I find the overall satisfying, promising and fun!
WIPS