The Pirate Mermaid [GxB][Fantasy] - New Demo Out!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
amora
Regular

Re: The Pirate Mermaid [GxB][Fantasy]

#316 Post by amora »

I'm so excited to play this! It looks amazing <3

Good luck! :)

Arowana
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: a2 ~a due~
Projects: AXIOM.01, The Pirate Mermaid
Organization: Variable X, Navigame
Tumblr: navigame-media
itch: navigame

#317 Post by Arowana »

wyverngem wrote:Wow, I can't believe it's been five years since you originally posted this.
Me neither! Originally, this was supposed to be a super short, simple game that would be done in a few months (hence the in-game time limit of six days). Talk about feature creep. :oops:
Rahnos wrote:Yay, an update! I'm so glad this is still being worked on. I've been keeping track of this game's progress for years now, hehe.

It sounds like it'll be a massive game. I really hope we don't have to wait much longer, it's been so long! But I do understand that working on a project like this and working full-time is difficult.

Those new features look so cool! Especially the fin recolouring and the animations. Love it.
Thanks for following our progress, and sorry for making you wait so long! The scope of the game got so much bigger than it was originally because we kept on wanting to add more cool stuff. I think at some point, we just have to accept we can't do everything and move on. :lol:

I'm glad you liked the fin coloring feature! I really like character customization, but changing things like hairstyle or outfit type can be a big burden on the artist. Recoloring is possible to do within the code though, so I hope it's a good middle ground.
amora wrote:I'm so excited to play this! It looks amazing <3
Thanks, I hope you'll play it when it finally comes out!
Complete: a2 ~a due~ (music, language, love)
In progress: The Pirate Mermaid (fairytale otome)
On hold: AXIOM.01 (girl detective game)

Arowana
Miko-Class Veteran

#318 Post by Arowana »

Popping back in with an exciting update! We recently announced our voice cast for The Pirate Mermaid! You can hear all our VAs in action in the video below.

The full cast credits, complete with website and Twitter links, are listed in the video info and our Tumblr post here. We feel so honored to be working with such amazing voice talents and can't wait for everyone to hear them in the game! :D

As you'll see in the video, we actually have a dual language voice cast - each character is voiced in both English and Japanese. Using the interface below, you can toggle the language of each character according to your preference. You can also adjust the volume of individual characters by changing the level of their bars.

Many thanks to our friend roseVeRte, who helped us a ton with the Japanese translation, casting, and voice editing! I highly recommend checking out her games (such as How to Take Off Your Mask and Cafe 0 ~The Sleeping Best~) if you haven’t played them yet. Her games always have really amazing voice acting, so I hope we can follow her example!

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pinewood Island, As We Know It
Projects: In Blood
Organization: Jaime Scribbles Games
Deviantart: breakfastdoodles
itch: scribbles

Re: The Pirate Mermaid [GxB][Fantasy] - Voice Cast Up!

#319 Post by Scribbles »

so cool! I love mermaids~ the voices sounds great. I'll have to keep me eye out for the release.
Image - Image -Image

Evy
Regular
Projects: Meet Me At Sea, All That Glitters
Organization: Paper Parrot
Tumblr: clysmian
itch: clysmian

#320 Post by Evy »

Man, I remember wanting to audition for this, but I caught a cold almost immediately after finding the project. Dx Everyone sounds amazing though! It's really impressive how several of the English and Japanese voices sound... pretty much exactly alike. Especially the main character.

I'm really excited for this! I especially love that the main character's scale color is customizable *_* Also I guess I wasn't following the dev blog already? That's been rectified.

Keep up the good work! /o/

Arowana
Miko-Class Veteran

#321 Post by Arowana »

Scribbles wrote:so cool! I love mermaids~ the voices sounds great. I'll have to keep me eye out for the release.
Aw thanks, I love mermaids too (clearly, haha). I hope you'll enjoy the game once it's out!
Evy wrote:Man, I remember wanting to audition for this, but I caught a cold almost immediately after finding the project. Dx Everyone sounds amazing though! It's really impressive how several of the English and Japanese voices sound... pretty much exactly alike. Especially the main character.

I'm really excited for this! I especially love that the main character's scale color is customizable *_* Also I guess I wasn't following the dev blog already? That's been rectified.

Keep up the good work! /o/
Oh hey, I think I remember talking to you over Tumblr! Sorry that you weren't able to do the audition. I hope your voice acting and other projects have been going well (you're working on a mermaid game too, right?)

I'm glad to hear you like the voices! I was actually wondering if people would think the English and Japanese VAs sounded too different from each other. :lol: We didn't specifically try to find VAs who sounded the same, since that'd be really hard (I think I feel some of the pain of anime dubbers now haha). But some of them did end up being close.

And thanks very much for the blog follow! I followed you back too. :D

Arowana
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: The Pirate Mermaid [GxB][Fantasy] - Steam Greenlight!

#322 Post by Arowana »

Popping back in again with another big update. We've just put "The Pirate Mermaid" on Steam Greenlight!

Link to our Greenlight Page!

If you can upvote our game or share it with anyone who might be interested, we'd really appreciate it! We might not have much time left before Steam Greenlight is discontinued, so every little bit of help counts!

I also made a brand new gameplay preview video for our Greenlight page. Please check it out to see lots of shiny new clips from the latest version of the game. :D

Michelle Marie
Projects: The Pirate Mermaid, Neko Club, Crush Crush, Endless Night
Soundcloud: Amurin

#323 Post by Michelle Marie »

Yay! So happy to see this project come to life! Thank you again for the role of Mimi! I'm honored to be a part of the project! ^__^

Arowana
Miko-Class Veteran

#324 Post by Arowana »

Michelle Marie wrote:Yay! So happy to see this project come to life! Thank you again for the role of Mimi! I'm honored to be a part of the project! ^__^
Aww, thanks so much, Michelle! And the honor is all ours! I can't wait for everyone to hear your adorable voice for Mimi. <3

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to upvote or share our Steam Greenlight campaign! We've been up for about two weeks and are super grateful for all the support we've received so far!

It looks like a lot of games are trying to get through before Greenlight ends (us included :lol:), so it's getting harder to rank up. We might still have a ways to go before we can be approved for Steam, so please continue voting or sharing if you can. We really appreciate everyone's help - we couldn't do it without you after all!

Arowana
Miko-Class Veteran

#325 Post by Arowana »

Hey everyone, hope you're all having a great weekend! I am happy to say that "The Pirate Mermaid" was able to make it through Steam Greenlight right before they stopped accepting submissions. :D Thanks so much to everyone who helped us get through - we couldn't have done it without you!

We are currently finishing up the new demo, which has lots of improvements over the first one. New features include completely revamped art, a shiny new GUI and galleries, both English and Japanese voice clips, and about 50k words (several hours worth) of story.

We’re currently looking for a few volunteers to help us finalize testing for the demo. All testers will receive their names in the in-game credits and our eternal gratitude!

If you’re interested in helping and have time to test over the next 2-3 weeks, please PM me or email us at navigame.media@gmail.com with the following information.
  • Your name/username (whichever you’d like us to call you)
  • Your operating system (Windows, Mac, or Linux). Linux users will be highest priority because we haven’t been able to test on that system yet.
  • Your processor and memory (here’s a guide on how to check)
  • Any previous experience testing games?
Thanks in advance to anyone who volunteers or helps spread the word! We’re really looking forward to hearing what you think of the demo! :)

EDIT: Thanks to everyone who's volunteered so far! I think we’ve got enough Windows and Mac testers now. We would still love to get a Linux tester if possible!

Arowana
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: The Pirate Mermaid [GxB][Fantasy] - Looking for testers!

#326 Post by Arowana »

Hey all! Just popping in to say we're releasing the shiny new demo on October 10 (10/10) - in just one more day! Many thanks to PyTom for all his hard work resolving our bug reports, and to everyone on LSF who's supported us in the past. We hope the new demo will be worth the wait!

In preparation, we've been showing some special character features on our dev blog. Here are character cards for the MC and the three main love interests - check out the character features on our blog for more info and screenshots.

I'll post back here once the demo downloads are up. Thanks everyone for your patience, and we hope you'll enjoy the release! :D
Last edited by Arowana on Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

KissOfDeath
Regular
Projects: Ikofá (In Development)

Re: The Pirate Mermaid [GxB][Fantasy] - Demo on 10/10!

#327 Post by KissOfDeath »

I'M SO READY ASDFGHJKL !!!
😱😱😱
"Build your own pyramids, write your own hieroglyphs." -Kendrick Lamar
-KissOfDeath

Completed:
RE:Set Episode(s) 1 and 2 (Proofreader)
*A Troll's Fairy Tale* http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=20160 (Proofreader)

Arowana
Miko-Class Veteran

#328 Post by Arowana »

KissOfDeath wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:31 am I'M SO READY ASDFGHJKL !!!
😱😱😱
Thanks, hope you enjoy the demo when it's released tomorrow!

Here's another character card in the meantime:

SunGoddess23

#329 Post by SunGoddess23 »

This looks amazing and I can't wait to be able to play it. I tried the download link in the first post but it seems its no longer there so I really hope I'll be able to play it soon.

Arowana
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: The Pirate Mermaid [GxB][Fantasy] - New Demo Out!

#330 Post by Arowana »

The demo for The Pirate Mermaid is out! Downloads and more info are on our itch.io page.

The demo is about 50k words/several hours long. It contains the entire common route, plus the first day or two from the main character routes. All of the special features (animations, partial voice acting, galleries, hints, etc.) are included, so please try it out! Comments, questions, and feedback are all welcome.

@ SunGoddess23
Thanks, I hope you enjoy the game! The demo link from before was from our very first demo, which was really outdated. This new demo should be a lot better! :D