Cuter Than Fiction - STAND-ALONE VERSION

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

Cuter Than Fiction - STAND-ALONE VERSION

#1 Post by mugenjohncel »

Lol!... and this time, it's a standalone version of a collaboration project with Sake-Chan (sake-bento) from the Lemmasoft "Cute, Light and Ecchi Fluffy" collaboration project...

So you ask, why another remake when you just recently finished another remake?... Can't you do something new and original?... Hmm... nope!... I don't think there is a script writer here in Lemmasoft who would want to work with this poor old untalented artist nor can I write a decent story so might as well concentrate on polish previous projects... :mrgreen:

And the obligatory teaser...

More to come! Oh and by the way... this will be a good, clean and family friendly short kinetic VN since this is a collaboration with Sake-Chan... for my own safety as well...

"POOF" (Disappears)
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeeKay
Veteran

Re: And once again... another REMAKE project...

#2 Post by DeeKay »

mugenjohncel wrote:Lol!... and this time, it's a standalone version of a collaboration project with Sake-Chan (sake-bento) from the Lemmasoft "Cute, Light and Ecchi Fluffy" collaboration project...
Wait.. what ? You said ecchi ! You definitely said ecchi !
mugenjohncel wrote:I don't think there is a script writer here in Lemmasoft who would want to work with this poor old untalented artist nor can I write a decent story
I wouldn't be so sure of that if I were you ;)
mugenjohncel wrote:More to come! Oh and by the way... this will be a good, clean and family friendly short kinetic VN since this is a collaboration with Sake-Chan... for my own safety as well...
I... I can't imagine what she can be capable of if she's able to scare you.. :lol:

Anyway, good luck with this remake then ! :)
-- No longer active --
-- English/French Translation topic here
-- Hope~ - Symphony of Tomorrow alpha demo playthrough here (1h35mn long video !)

-- Current avatar by SilverHyena => her DA account

-- Check out this project if you have some time !

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#3 Post by mugenjohncel »

Let's see... while the original plan was a mere graphical improvement of the original... why not add a bit of fun filled chaos into my workflow and toss everything away and start from the ground up for maximum pain... :mrgreen:

For starters... I can't seem to decide which level of zoom shall I use in-game... I know!... Let's use all three of them! Problem solved :mrgreen:

And while were at it... let's remove the textbox... oh and why even bother saving a progress when the game is small enough to be played within 5 minutes so save/load goes bye-bye too... :mrgreen: Config?... Not much... so we stick to the basics...

From now on... Studio Mugenjohncel will produce works on low resolution to save space and make smaller file size since experience taught me people will be reluctant or even discouraged to try anything above 100MB so all Studio Mugenjohncel projects will be under 100MB... image resolution will have to be compromised to achieve this... and let's try something I haven't tried before and flip the screen 90°

"POOF" (More to come)

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#4 Post by sake-bento »

*sharpens sword* I will be observing this thread closely.

thadeus
Regular
Projects: Pointless

#5 Post by thadeus »

Dude, your art is great. I would TOTALLY write for you <3

tigerkidde
Regular
Projects: Summer Tales of Katt and June

#6 Post by tigerkidde »

I love her character art. As the camera zooms in, I'm tempted to bite and squeeze cute things and people until I can return to a sociable state.

*leaps toward a worried Pikachu plushy, a rounded biscuit sweating butter, and an unsuspecting elderly man with a shillaly for a walking stick*

DeeKay
Veteran

#7 Post by DeeKay »

sake-bento wrote:*sharpens sword* I will be observing this thread closely.
I know it's weird, but I'm suddenly imagining you smirking with a sword on one hand and a pen on the other, my thoughts going like this : She... she's not kidding around. I don't know what'll happen if I get on her bad side :?
-- No longer active --
-- Hope~ - Symphony of Tomorrow alpha demo playthrough here (1h35mn long video !)

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#8 Post by mugenjohncel »

Update!

Now that all the basic sprite facials are done... time to move to BG's... same thing as previous BG's... will use sketchup and a third party renderer (Twilight Render) to quickly produce several angles of the same BG.... it's cheating but it saves time... though, I have to model everything from scratch since none of the objects in 3D warehouse match what I wanted...

"POOF" (Disappears)

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#9 Post by azureXtwilight »

I shall be watching you, intently. As usual. Ohohoho.... >3

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#10 Post by mugenjohncel »

ALL BG'S COMPLETE!...TEASER TIME!

Let's see... we have all the sprites, we have all the BG's... the story is already long completed... the way it is right now I can release it already but since this is a Re-Make... we will add a few herbs and spices in a few uh... places :mrgreen:

And now to attract your attention...

"POOF" (More to come!!! :mrgreen: )

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#11 Post by mugenjohncel »

Update!!!

Pfft!... after promising to go minimalist and retain only the most basic functions while using 800x600 resolution I still can't resist animating each sprite... standing sprite alone uses 25 images...

On the bright side... animating heavily on 800x600 doesn't put a lot of strain even on a crappy EeePC... and upscaling in a large screen doesn't show much quality loss... which is good... more reason to stay with 800x600...

Oh well... :mrgreen:

"PFFT" (......... :mrgreen: )
Attachments
here we go again.jpg

DeeKay
Veteran

#12 Post by DeeKay »

Haha, so you still did it ! Either way, glad it works out well for you in the end ^^
-- No longer active --

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#13 Post by mugenjohncel »

UPDATE!...

Finally decided on a GUI design... went absolute minimum with high emphasis on not block her face... I even go as far as remove save and loading and a few of the unnecessary options...

More to come... :mrgreen:

"POOF" (Disappears)

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

Re: Cuter Than Fiction - STAND-ALONE VERSION

#14 Post by mugenjohncel »

Better not put a release date... last time I did it... I got delayed by at least one week... :mrgreen:

And now comes the crucial turning point... shall I release it or add... enhancements?...

The dialogue will stay exactly the same but the CG's are increased four-fold and added variation into their appearance... Right now it's so short that I'm thinking of adding voice. Unfortunately for the original protagonist... he will no longer be visible (previously via side-image) and focused on a true first person view... since side image is now removed...

[ The former protagonist ]

I'm also scouting for new and fitting music because quite frankly, the original music present in the original Cuter than Fiction is err...

"POOF" (Wow... for a small project I'm really pulling all the stops... :mrgreen: )

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

Re: Cuter Than Fiction - STAND-ALONE VERSION

#15 Post by mugenjohncel »

Not much to say but... teaser...

"POOF" (Disappears)