Witch Apprentice (Oct 31st update: Demo up on page 3)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Razz
Veteran
Completed: Starlight Vega, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails
Projects: Two projects
Organization: Razzartvisual

Witch Apprentice (Oct 31st update: Demo up on page 3)

#1 Post by Razz »

“The candidate demonstrates the heart and the skills required of a witch.”
That’s what the handbook for witches says, and Adriana is preparing to do just that. What is, “just that?” Who knows? The handbook is pretty unclear, isn’t it?

As preparation for the Class One Witch Examinations, Adriana has applied to apprentice under many powerful witches, and much to her surprise she gets accepted by three of the most powerful witches ever known – the Witches of Amalgam. That seems pretty awesome, doesn’t it? That is...until she learns they're all completely crazy.

Adriana:
The heroine of this story, Adriana is studying for her Class One Witch Examinations, and will be an apprentice to the Witches of Amalgam for a week.

Servant:
Servant is the servant of the three witches. (Go figure!) She seems rather stiff and stilted in conversation, and something about her doesn’t seem quite right. Her name is as practical as her personality (or apparent lack thereof).

The Witches of Amalgam

Cassandra:
Cassandra is the youngest of the Witches of Amalgam. That’s not really saying much though, as the three witches are all hundreds of years old. Besides being one of the most powerful witches of all time, she may very well be the most perverted witch of all time.

Walpurga:
Walpurga is senile, delusional, snarky, and pretty much plain crazy. How she ended up so messed up is somewhat of a mystery. She may appear to be the eldest of the three witches, but she’s actually not.

Rosalyn:
Rosalyn is the eldest of the three witches, although she doesn’t like being reminded of that, as she’s incredibly concerned about her physical appearance. She’s a rather reclusive person, and tries to interact with her two “idiotic” peers as little as possible. In addition to being a skilled witch, Rosalyn is a skilled lawyer. One could call her a stick in the mud. (No offense to you lawyers out there.)

Panties:
Panties is a demon cat and Cassandra’s familiar. He’s pretty lovable and gentle, but he might gut you if you’re carrying food on your person.

Title Screen:

Backgrounds:

Credits:
Art: Razz
GUI: Razz
Writing: redeyesblackpanda
Coding: redeyesblackpanda
Music: Sam12
Special thanks:
Hijiri
Nellie (Top logo)

Content Warning:
Sexual humor/perverted themes (If the demon cat named “Panties” hadn’t already tipped you off.)

Game planned to be completed by October 31st, 2012. Check back for more updates!
Last edited by Razz on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:05 am, edited 14 times in total.

Victoria Jennings
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Witch Apprentice [Comedy/Fantasy][gxg]

#2 Post by Victoria Jennings »

Oh my gosh, the servant looks so cute. xD <3 Vaguely reminds me of Elizabeth from P3.

I wish you good luck!

EDIT: Wait, it's GxG?! Okay, definitely playing this now! ; w ; b
Last edited by Victoria Jennings on Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AshenhartKrie
Veteran
Tumblr: ashenhartkrie

#3 Post by AshenhartKrie »

This looks pretty awesome. I'm not normally a fan of gXg (not that there's a problem with it, it's just not my thing) but i'll definitely have to try this. ^_^

tired. grumpy. queer
*uses he/him pronouns*

Minnfae
Regular
Projects: Undecided

#4 Post by Minnfae »

Hmm, I wasn't expecting much from that title, but reading about the witches made me really want to try this game as soon as it gets released :P
My avatar art is a freebie by SilverHyena. Thanks a lot!

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by CheeryMoya »

Writing: redeyesblackpanda
Coding: redeyesblackpanda
ಠ_ಠ
I'll... keep an eye on this. 哥哥的故事有意思。。。

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

#6 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

I've always wanted a chance to write GxG, and I suspect that this will be the first "quality" game that I'll have written or first release that I can call a real "game." :twisted:

Also, I hope you all love Panties. Panties is such a nice demon cat! :wink:

(I should probably mention that progress is somewhere over 10k words at the moment.)
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

Razz
Veteran

#7 Post by Razz »

Victoria Jennings wrote:Oh my gosh, the servant looks so cute. xD <3 Vaguely reminds me of Elizabeth from P3.

I wish you good luck!

EDIT: Wait, it's GxG?! Okay, definitely playing this now! ; w ; b
I am a huge fan of P3. >w< I'm actually replaying it right now, haha. Thank you!
AshenhartKrie wrote:This looks pretty awesome. I'm not normally a fan of gXg (not that there's a problem with it, it's just not my thing) but i'll definitely have to try this. ^_^
Yaaaay! \^_^/ I hope you'll enjoy it when it comes out!
Minnfae wrote:Hmm, I wasn't expecting much from that title, but reading about the witches made me really want to try this game as soon as it gets released :P
Not the coolest name, indeed, might look into another one...
Yeah I love the descriptions Red made, really captures the mood of the game.
CheeryMoya wrote:ಠ_ಠ
I'll... keep an eye on this. 哥哥的故事有意思。。。
dಠ_ಠ,b *double thumbs up*

Got Adriana up. She feels a little incomplete without a big witch hat, but she's going to appear down by the textbox and it took up a lot of room.

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by CheeryMoya »

Razz wrote:She feels a little incomplete without a big witch hat, but she's going to appear down by the textbox and it took up a lot of room.
Maybe she can have some witch bling? Like some hourglass chains, star earrings, etc. A crescent moon necklace might be cliche but it is iconic of witches.

... And I just realized. This is GxG. There's Adriana, our lovely protagonist (love her hair btw), Servant, and the 3 witches. Who's... an obtainable?

Please don't tell me you can romance the old crones.

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran

#9 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

CheeryMoya wrote:Please don't tell me you can romance the old crones.
:twisted:
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by CheeryMoya »

redeyesblackpanda wrote:
omg

this is me

Anarchy
Veteran
Projects: Fairy Tales of Innocent Children

#11 Post by Anarchy »

redeyesblackpanda wrote:
Mmm sexy geriatric romance mmm

(On a more serious note, I'm loving the character designs and the premise so far. Look forward to seeing this game's progress! Also, I really would enjoy romancing the old crones - it'd be a fairly refreshing romance story, no? I mean, I've seen a fair share of eldery, white-haired women professors who are incredibly charismatic and - dare I say it? sexy, at least from a personality/intellectual standpoint. Unless, of course, they have conventionally attractive forms that you're planning to whip out at some point...)
Last edited by Anarchy on Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran

#12 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

Anarchy wrote:(On a more serious note, I'm loving the character designs and the premise so far. Look forward to seeing this game's progress! Also, I really would enjoy romancing the old crones - it'd be a fairly unique and refreshing romance, no? Unless, of course, they have conventionally attractive forms that you're planning to whip out at some point...)
One thing that might be of interest is that all of the characters (except the main character, and possible Panties) are hundreds of years old, and that Walpurga is the only one that's "ugly." I'm starting to think that there may be some misunderstandings going on :lol:

These are three of the most powerful witches of all time. They've lived an incredibly long time because of magic. :wink:
Tsundere VN

Anarchy
Veteran
Projects: Fairy Tales of Innocent Children

#13 Post by Anarchy »

redeyesblackpanda wrote:
Anarchy wrote:(On a more serious note, I'm loving the character designs and the premise so far. Look forward to seeing this game's progress! Also, I really would enjoy romancing the old crones - it'd be a fairly unique and refreshing romance, no? Unless, of course, they have conventionally attractive forms that you're planning to whip out at some point...)
One thing that might be of interest is that all of the characters (except the main character, and possible Panties) are hundreds of years old, and that Walpurga is the only one that's "ugly." I'm starting to think that there may be some misunderstandings going on :lol:

These are three of the most powerful witches of all time. They've lived an incredibly long time because of magic. :wink:
MMM YEAH BRING ON THE SEXY LADIES

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#14 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

redeyesblackpanda wrote:

So they are like the Fates or the Wyrd sisters? They generally take on super old, middle aged and cute forms. I like witches so I'll keep an eye on this :)

Razz
Veteran

#15 Post by Razz »

Got Rosalyn up, she's an obtainable! I might tweak her design a bit later since she turned out a little bland. Gonna give her suit spider-web details when I color it.

Also changed my terrible top logo to one made by Nellie!