Clearwater Crossing [Otome] (Open Dev)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Kingv
Veteran
Projects: Pet Tails, Transformation Sequence, Cheer On!
Tumblr: EphemeralBalance
Deviantart: kingv

Re: Clearwater Crossing [Otome] (Open Dev)

#136 Post by Kingv »

LucaMadison wrote:The GUI design is awesome! ^^ Good luck! ♥
Thank you! There still some work to be done on the GUI in regards to the world map, stores and computer interface but it's going pretty smoothly.

Angie
Regular

#137 Post by Angie »

I really like your art-style! Characters seem to be interesting, too.

Oh, and I agree that GUI design is amazing :)
Writer | PL-ENG/ENG-PL translator| Renpy Coder

Kingv
Veteran

#138 Post by Kingv »

Angie wrote:I really like your art-style! Characters seem to be interesting, too.

Oh, and I agree that GUI design is amazing :)
Aww, thanks! I appreciate you saying that. I hope to make another post later this month with an actual status update.

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#139 Post by KittyKatStar »

Awesome, looking forward to it. ^^

Kingv
Veteran

#140 Post by Kingv »

KittyKatStar wrote:Awesome, looking forward to it. ^^
Yay! Here's the update I promised. Took a while with everything else I had going on to compile everything so sorry for the delay.

Code: Select all

The game contains 3,339 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 59,557 words,
for an average of 17.8 words per screen.
The game contains 77 menus.
I've deleted a bit of stuff and have been revising parts of the script to make it flow better. I've hit a couple of blank slate, staring into space moments when it comes to thinking up scenes or activities so if anyone is interested in helping with idea bouncing I'd love the help! I'm just feeling really inadequate right now and want to finally get the demo out by October, even if I have to use placeholder images. As long as the writings' solid I think people will forgive some roughly drawn backgrounds or CGs.

Coding wise the text message and email systems are now done! Just have to go back and tweak some things positioning and color wise. But it's fully functional so no worries there. Now I just have to start on the projects section of Abby's computer. This is where you'll be able to work on any commissioned jobs she receives. It's a pretty code heavy section so It'll probably take some time to fully work out.

The profile section has also gotten a small facelift. The crown and heart bars track friendship and love with each bachelor. Some NPCs such as Dorian and Willow now also have visible bars in their sections too. I went ahead and extended the times of day in game form three to five. Typically the most bachelor interaction will occur from day til dusk. With this new system in place you'll have some extra time slots so that it doesn't feel like everything is crammed together or that you have to rush to get things done throughout the day.

Right now I'm going through the code and adding in the additional times of day as well as adjusting the look of the backgrounds I already made to have lighting that reflects those new times.
Attachments
screenshot0022.png
screenshot0023.png
screenshot0024.png
screenshot0025.png

shiho14
Regular

#141 Post by shiho14 »

waaa an update! <3

When you say activities and scenes does this mean like festival and town events? How many are there every season? Sorry for asking, I'm kinda curious though and I'll try to help with the ideas..If I can be any help at all ^^;

Your art as always is simply stunning! I love how detailed they are and Dorian...............why do you have to be the older brother?! :cry: Don't mind me,I'm in love with his character design

Kingv
Veteran

#142 Post by Kingv »

shiho14 wrote:waaa an update! <3

When you say activities and scenes does this mean like festival and town events? How many are there every season? Sorry for asking, I'm kinda curious though and I'll try to help with the ideas..If I can be any help at all ^^;

Your art as always is simply stunning! I love how detailed they are and Dorian...............why do you have to be the older brother?! :cry: Don't mind me,I'm in love with his character design
Yes, those kinds of activities as well as one's you'd have access to everyday such as things to do at certain locations such as the park or beach. Here's an example of what I mean. When you go to the park you can choose to commune with nature which has random things to do. So you could catch fireflies, feed the ducks or go fishing, but those actions might end in failure depending on the time of day or the season; Fireflies only come out at dusk and the pond freezes during the winter so there are no ducks or a way to go fishing. Hope that makes sense. The amount of events varies from season to season but on average there are about three: a festival, at least one characters birthday and some type of weather event(like a snowstorm in Winter). If you're still interested after reading all that I'd love to hear any ideas you have. We can idea bounce via PM or any whatever way works best for you. ANd if there's any one else who'd like to help, feel free to join, the more the merrier I say.

And thanks, I'm glad you like the art. It's probably the only part I'm sure I can do without much trouble lol! You can still befriend Dorian in the game so hope that makes your pain easier to deal with. ^^

Moon20
Regular

#143 Post by Moon20 »

I'm really looking forward to Clearwater Crossing very much and I know this would be very good game to play:-)
I have one question for you, When do you think this game would be complete?

Kingv
Veteran

#144 Post by Kingv »

Moon20 wrote:I'm really looking forward to Clearwater Crossing very much and I know this would be very good game to play:-)
I have one question for you, When do you think this game would be complete?
It makes me happy to know you're looking forward to the finished game.

I don't really know when it'll be done since it's just me working on it and it's hard to give an exact estimate but at least another year at the pace I'm working now. I have lots of scenes and stuff done but they haven't been linked to the main game yet. All I can say for sure is that the every season in game has been mapped out as well as most of the bachelor interactions/endings. Right now I'm more focused on getting a demo done so I'll know what needs to be implemented script and story wise to make the game more enjoyable. And in order to do that I have to finish coding the festival, world map and some of the story locations on top of getting any visuals I need done. So yeah, lots of work left to do on my end.

Moon20
Regular

#145 Post by Moon20 »

Wow that game must be long then, Its okay at I must wait another year before I can play this game and I'm looking forward to demo of this game very much. I know this would be good otome game to play, You must be good since you have make background,characther, story and sound yourself

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#146 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Looking as awesome as ever//! Did your housing situation ever clear up and, I'll happily await the finished product ^^ Take your time, thanks for keeping us posted.
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

Kingv
Veteran

#147 Post by Kingv »

Moon20 wrote:Wow that game must be long then, Its okay at I must wait another year before I can play this game and I'm looking forward to demo of this game very much. I know this would be good otome game to play, You must be good since you have make background,characther, story and sound yourself
Pretty long. There's quite a bit of things you can do in game. I'm glad you're willing to wait. I really hope that my prediction is off and I can be done sooner than that. I want it to be done as soon as possible to thank everyone for their support and feedback.
Hazel-Bun wrote:Looking as awesome as ever//! Did your housing situation ever clear up and, I'll happily await the finished product ^^ Take your time, thanks for keeping us posted.
Thanks! It did actually. Everyone in the area has relocated. The majority of my neighbors moved across the state so in retrospect I didn't go far at all, just a few minutes away from where I was. I'm not overly fond of my new house and plan to move as soon as the lease is up, but for now it'll give me more time to get where I want to be. Trying my best to make it feel home-like; started a garden, found a stray kitten that I'm working on taming and befriending the neighbors. So yeah, just taking steps to get adjusted to everything.

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#148 Post by KittyKatStar »

Glad the house situation cleared up, and thanks for keeping us up-to-date.

Looking forward to the progress as always. Also, d'aw a cute kitten. <3

Ferdokki
Veteran
Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
IRC Nick: Ferdokki

#149 Post by Ferdokki »

Oh my gosh, this game gets awesomer everytime I see it. x) Can't wait for it to come out! *_____* ....BUT please take your time! Don't rush!
Well, an idea for an event in the summer could be like catching butterflies or something. =) It'd be during the daytime of course.
At night they can listen to crickets or something... *lonely cricket sound*

I actually don't go out on summer nights much because it's super humid where I live. xD

What other kinds of events are you looking for? Like, is it mainly daily-ish type of activities (like fishing or catching fireflies)?

Kingv
Veteran

#150 Post by Kingv »

KittyKatStar wrote:Glad the house situation cleared up, and thanks for keeping us up-to-date.

Looking forward to the progress as always. Also, d'aw a cute kitten. <3
Me too, it was pretty worrisome. I'm happy to keep everyone informed! Don't want anyone to be worried or think I'm out on the streets. She's is a cute calico kitten so we decided to call her Pepper. I believe she used to belong to someone else because she's very friendly and has an incision mark that indicates she may have been spayed. But she has large patches of fur loss due to fleas and she's really skinny. I'm guessing whoever owned her moved and left her behind which is sad. So for now I'm looking into way to get her back healthy. She's too sweet to be left outside like that.
Ferdokki wrote:Oh my gosh, this game gets awesomer everytime I see it. x) Can't wait for it to come out! *_____* ....BUT please take your time! Don't rush!
Well, an idea for an event in the summer could be like catching butterflies or something. =) It'd be during the daytime of course.
At night they can listen to crickets or something... *lonely cricket sound*

I actually don't go out on summer nights much because it's super humid where I live. xD

What other kinds of events are you looking for? Like, is it mainly daily-ish type of activities (like fishing or catching fireflies)?
Oh, I plan to take my time so no worries there. I know if I rush it'll turn into one big mess. ^^
Those are some good ideas, thanks! Think I'll add them to the game when I get back to coding. It's usually pretty hot, humid and muggy where I'm form. But I'm used to it so I don't mind going out at night. I just know my hair is going to frizz and puff up like an angry cat so there's no point in trying to wear a loose style.
I'm mainly looking for everyday events. shiho14Was kind enough to help me out with a few brainstorming ideas in regards to the festivals. Here's a small list of activities you'll be able to do. There's a breakdown here http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 20#p300876 that shows how all these events can take place. I'm still missing some choices and things might change in the future but at least there's an outline in place. If anyone has any other suggestions I'm open to them.

Code: Select all

Fall festival/Carnival
Everyone gets together and celebrates a year of good harvest. 
It's traditional for people attending the festival to dress up in costume. Occurs at night in the park.
1.Play festival games-(Fishbowl Toss, Balloon n' Darts, Watergun Blitz)
2.Ride attractions-(Carousel, Ferris Wheel, Tunnel of Love)
3. Get some food(Funnel Cake, Turkey Leg, Corn Dog)
4.Take a walk-(Photo Booth, Caricature Artist, Magic Show)
5. Go home-(Leave the festival)
The festival ends with the showing of a scary movie. If you and you're date have had a good time they will invite you to watch it with them. 

Winter Solstice 
Everyone dresses up in fancy clothes and they hold a dinner at Town Hall.
Give gifts to people that are important to you. Occurs at night.
1.Get on the dance floor-(Slow dance, Fast Dance, Group Dance)
2.???-(?, ?, ?)
3.Give a gift-(Cheap, Normal, Expensive)
4.Take a walk-(Visit photographer, Freshen up, ?)
The festival ends with a midnight floating lantern  event. If you and you're date have had a good time they will invite you to light a lantern with them. 

Spring Flower Festival 
A Spring event where it's a traditional for people to give different colored roses to express how they feel about a love interest. Occurs during the day.
1.Visit the artist alley-(Watch a street performer, Browse art, Go to book signing)
2.Play games-(Crockett, Three legged race, Balloon toss)
3.Appreciate the flowers -(View the gardens, Paint flower pots, Do flower arranging )
4.Take a walk-(Eat a snow cone, Visit wishing well, Rent a boat)
The festival ends with ???. If you and you're date have had a good time they will invite you to hang out  with them. 

Summer Beach Party
It will be held at the beach and will last all day.
1.Join a contest-(Cooking competition, Watermelon eating, Sandcastle building)
2.Play games-(Volleyball, Tag Football, Marco Polo)
3.Get in the water -(Surf, Swim, ?)
4.Take a walk-(?, ?, ?)
The festival ends with a fireworks and a bonfire at night. If you and you're date have had a good time they will invite you to hang out  with them
ANd here are the reworked park backgrounds for fall with all the different time of day variations. From the top left down there's dawn, day, noon, dusk and night.
Attachments
parkFallVariations.jpg