The Nemesis of Romance [BxG][VN]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
brofisto
Regular
Organization: The Neotable

The Nemesis of Romance [BxG][VN]

#1 Post by brofisto »

This one started off as a straight joke, then turned into a parody, then turned into a parody with serious moments, then kind of went back into joke territory, and now I don't know where it is.
The basics of it is that the protagonist thinks he's a completely normal dude, but he's got some serious flaws in his personality and the way he feels about people in general and how life should play out. The three possibly romance options aren't really much, they're just blank slates with a few archetypical qualities tossed in there. The various choices you make put you on different routes or give you a straight-up Game over, but there's not really much depth to it.
So far I've gotten about 90% of one chick's route (Brittany) (the whole route is finished (minus editing) and the good ending isn't there, but everything up to and including the bad end for her route is finito), and the other two are maybe 20% done, with the basic story being for the most part completed (other than the neutral "I didn't go for any particular girl" ending).

This thing has been sitting on my computer for the longest time. I had high hopes for it, but then my hard drive crashed and, in the time it took for me to get everything up and running again, I kind of lost motivation to keep working on it.
It's a shame, too, because I had actually gotten quite a good chunk of it done and could probably finish it if I was willing to put my mind to it. It feels like such a shame to just let it rot when I think it has some potential. I figured I'd post it here so I can force myself to make something of it.
Hell, if there was a way to let someone else adopt this and finish it for me then that'd be peachy.

I'm a lazy arse so I'm not gonna post any screenshots, but you can try it for yourself over here.
http://www.mediafire.com/?2wdcood06tsm7vj
It's got music and backgrounds (save a few), but the characters haven't been added in just yet.
ImageImageImage

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: The Nemesis of Romance [BxG][VN]

#2 Post by fleet »

Take a month off and then look at it again. Maybe you'll get motivated.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

brofisto
Regular

#3 Post by brofisto »

Buddy, I've taken half a year off and still can't push myself to work on it.
ImageImageImage

AshenhartKrie
Veteran
Tumblr: ashenhartkrie

#4 Post by AshenhartKrie »

brofisto wrote:Buddy, I've taken half a year off and still can't push myself to work on it.
lol. Maybe it's time to put this in the graveyard and work on a new one? Anyways, I'll download it and try it when I get home.

tired. grumpy. queer
*uses he/him pronouns*

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#5 Post by fleet »

AshenhartKrie wrote: Maybe it's time to put this in the graveyard and work on a new one?
I concur.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

brofisto
Regular

#6 Post by brofisto »

Maybe it's time to put this in the graveyard and work on a new one?
Seems like such a waste, though. There's so much already put into this.
ImageImageImage

AshenhartKrie
Veteran
Tumblr: ashenhartkrie

#7 Post by AshenhartKrie »

Well than use it for reference. I've put a lot of work into a lot of things, and they all end up dying.

tired. grumpy. queer
*uses he/him pronouns*

bcunderscore
Organization: Eaglerock Interactive

#8 Post by bcunderscore »

I have played both this one and your I can't believe these characters are so terrible and I like the jib of your cut or the cut of your jib. Your stuff is a breath of fresh air. Maybe you should consider different mediums, different engines, different perspective.

Keep up the good work I say and don't give up. You've provided us all a great service in the name of entertainment and such.