Dizzy Hearts [GxG] DEMO

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Taosym
Veteran
Projects: http://lupiesoft.com/
Organization: Lupiesoft

Dizzy Hearts [GxG] DEMO

#1 Post by Taosym »

All Adult material, or adult discussions, discussions or questions related to the adult nature of this game, will be placed in this link instead.

This thread is purely for the SFW discussion of the game itself.

Lupiesoft Presents

Click above to check out the Lupiesoft blog!

#Dizzyhearts @irc.rizon.net

Concept pt.1 of the Dizzy Hearts universe

What is Dizzy Hearts?

Length: to be anounced
Rating: 16+ for mature themes, adult language, sexual situations.
Mature content to released in a separate version of Dizzy Hearts.

Dizzy Hearts is the story of a young girl who travels far from home. She meets Mercilia, a young elf at odds with her destiny.

Dizzy Hearts is an adult-orientated visual novel. Some parts romance, comedy and drama. A story which deals with gender, social status and growing up.

Characters

Seriva
セリーバ
Height: 5’1” (151cm)
Weight: 98lbs (44kg)

Seriva is a young girl from the subterranean, human nation of Assard.
Upon reaching adulthood it is tradition for the humans of Assard to leave home and bring back what they have discovered from the outside world.
Seriva, an excitable adventerous girl at heart, leaves on a journey of discovery, to discover what lies beyond the rift.

Mercilia
メーシリア
Height: 4’7” (141cm)
Weight: 91lbs (41kg)

Born as the youngest Fiore daughter of the current queen, she is part of the 4 ruling houses that debate laws, and politics in her city.
In addition to this, the three opposing houses are all run by her sisters. Mercilia burdened by the distant relationship with her mother and sisters.
She is rather cold and short with strangers, and remains within her manor for long periods of time, avoiding being politically involved.

Aunyrae
アーネレー
Height: 5'9" (175cm)
Weight: 122lbs (55kg)

Aunyrae is a priestess to the princess Mercilia, and a former student of the current queen's priestess.
Even for an Elf, she is known to be rather lascivious for women in many gossip circles.
Her honesty makes her adept at providing spiritual advice to the princess in her duties as royalty.
Much to Mercilia's annoyance, who will often avoid Aunyrae before she can lecture the young elf.

Nail
ネイル
Height: 6’1” (185cm)
Weight: 136lbs (61kg)

Nail is Mercilia's personal bodyguard, and accompanies the princess leaves the grounds of the manor.
In addition, Nail acts as personal confidant to the princess. She is often annoyed by her random disappearances.
Quiet but imposing, she often only has to leer at others in order to make them uneasy in her presence.

Irraere
イッレール
Height: 5'5" (165cm)
Weight: 102lbs (46kg)

Irraere is the Chief Thaumaturgist of her house. Much like a alchemist, a doctor(which is much the same thing in Elf culture).
She is responsible for the health of the manor. She often resides in the ward that she's made into her own personal library, and rarely leaves.
When she does, she is often seen as aloof, lost in thought or lethargic. Acting more like a hermit of sorts, much to the annoyance of the rest of the manor.
She favors old, and strange home remedies to cure any ailments, and most of the books in her library were written by herself.
All works are owned and copyrighted Lupiesoft, Peter Tao, Taosym 2012
Last edited by Taosym on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:28 pm, edited 20 times in total.

Taosym
Veteran

Re: Dizzy Hearts [GxG][M content]

#2 Post by Taosym »

I've written a lot about the world of Dizzy Hearts, and while the game itself is just a microcosm of all the things I've written about. I have it included anyway, in case others have an interest in reading about the concept. Or questions about the design of it.

http://lupiesoft.blogspot.com/2012/08/d ... t-pt1.html
Last edited by Taosym on Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Onepeicefan1992

#3 Post by Onepeicefan1992 »

i cnt access the link

Taosym
Veteran

#4 Post by Taosym »

Onepeicefan1992 wrote:i cnt access the link
Ahh, my bad, I fixed it.

silverstez
Regular

#5 Post by silverstez »

I don't like Mercilia and find it disturbing that she is in a game like this because she looks like a 10 year old. Also I think that Aunyrae has an unattractive shape for her body and the weird pink stuff above her eyes looks ugly. You are a very talented artist so I think you could draw something more attractive. Nail looks like a dude and has really ugly hair and Irraere has boyish clothing. I think you would be better off expressing different concepts through different characters in their appearance too. Your colouring abilities are above excellent and your style looks great but I just don't find the characters themselves attractive. I think the one with the purple hair should look sweeter and her body looks too idealised in the ridiculously big boobs (not insulting your work, it is in all anime). I would like to see a sweeter more feminine character personally.

That is just my opinion though so take that how you will, if you are offended, I am sorry but this was my honest opinion. Feel free to ignore this if you think it is totally irrelevant.

Taosym
Veteran

#6 Post by Taosym »

silverstez wrote:I don't like Mercilia and find it disturbing that she is in a game like this because she looks like a 10 year old. Also I think that Aunyrae has an unattractive shape for her body and the weird pink stuff above her eyes looks ugly. You are a very talented artist so I think you could draw something more attractive. Nail looks like a dude and has really ugly hair and Irraere has boyish clothing. I think you would be better off expressing different concepts through different characters in their appearance too. Your colouring abilities are above excellent and your style looks great but I just don't find the characters themselves attractive. I think the one with the purple hair should look sweeter and her body looks too idealised in the ridiculously big boobs (not insulting your work, it is in all anime). I would like to see a sweeter more feminine character personally.

That is just my opinion though so take that how you will, if you are offended, I am sorry but this was my honest opinion. Feel free to ignore this if you think it is totally irrelevant.
I don't find it offensive. I gladly take criticism, even if I disagree. However this is a SFW thread of a erotic game, so the characters are a bit idealized and different. I understand if they look distracting!

Also, I've put up a promotional picture of Mercilia on my dA!

Here

TomCaterwall

#7 Post by TomCaterwall »

I think the game looks great! I like the uniqueness of the setting, and your art is better than most commercial VNs in my opinion. I think the main character looks exceptionally cute, which is a great change from the faceless main character in most games.

Will Mercilia be the only romanceable character, or are the other characters romanceable as well?

Also, is there any info on a release date or demo? And will it be free or commercial?

Can't wait for the full game!

Taosym
Veteran

#8 Post by Taosym »

TomCaterwall wrote:I think the game looks great! I like the uniqueness of the setting, and your art is better than most commercial VNs in my opinion. I think the main character looks exceptionally cute, which is a great change from the faceless main character in most games.

Will Mercilia be the only romanceable character, or are the other characters romanceable as well?

Also, is there any info on a release date or demo? And will it be free or commercial?

Can't wait for the full game!
It will be free and there will be a demo. As of now i'm working on this project mostly by myself. You can look at my staff page for more information on that.
Because it will be free, I am hoping to make money through things such as prints or specialty items. Which can then go to producing other games.

The story however is a small one, it focuses completely on the romance between Mercilia and Seriva, there will be sex, and the fact that the game deals with futanari as a 'gender' makes it unusual for most people, I understand. The other characters are all part of the story and you'll get to see more of their story through mild variations through the main story.

silverstez
Regular

#9 Post by silverstez »

Taosym wrote:
silverstez wrote:I don't like Mercilia and find it disturbing that she is in a game like this because she looks like a 10 year old. Also I think that Aunyrae has an unattractive shape for her body and the weird pink stuff above her eyes looks ugly. You are a very talented artist so I think you could draw something more attractive. Nail looks like a dude and has really ugly hair and Irraere has boyish clothing. I think you would be better off expressing different concepts through different characters in their appearance too. Your colouring abilities are above excellent and your style looks great but I just don't find the characters themselves attractive. I think the one with the purple hair should look sweeter and her body looks too idealised in the ridiculously big boobs (not insulting your work, it is in all anime). I would like to see a sweeter more feminine character personally.

I don't find it offensive. I gladly take criticism, even if I disagree. However this is a SFW thread of a erotic game, so the characters are a bit idealized and different. I understand if they look distracting!

Here
It looks pretty great with the scene still, loli style characters are disturbing in my opinion. Also I see on your DA that you have cuter pictures. I think brown rabbit would be epic in a game.

Taosym
Veteran

#10 Post by Taosym »

silverstez wrote:
Taosym wrote:

Here
It looks pretty great with the scene still, loli style characters are disturbing in my opinion. Also I see on your DA that you have cuter pictures. I think brown rabbit would be epic in a game.
Ahh that old thing, well, I have many projects in the air. But i'm currently working on DH. I can't say I fully understand why you feel disturbed but I accept it.

Taosym
Veteran

#11 Post by Taosym »

Dizzy Hearts turns 1 year old. I wrote a blog post as a celebration for the anniversary!

http://lupiesoft.blogspot.com/2012/09/d ... rsary.html

silverstez
Regular

#12 Post by silverstez »

Ahh that old thing, well, I have many projects in the air. But i'm currently working on DH. I can't say I fully understand why you feel disturbed but I accept it.[/quote]
Oh I have just had some experiences that shaped my opinion of anything even close to pedophilia. I have to say it is good to see someone who puts effort into their sprites and story.

Taosym
Veteran

#13 Post by Taosym »

silverstez wrote: Oh I have just had some experiences that shaped my opinion of anything even close to pedophilia. I have to say it is good to see someone who puts effort into their sprites and story.
For one, I don't think it is appropriate to throw around pedophilia. It's much the same as calling Call of Duty players actual murderers. If that sounds a tad ridiculous to you, that's because it is.

The two subjects are completely different things.

Razz
Veteran
Completed: Starlight Vega, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails
Projects: Two projects
Organization: Razzartvisual

#14 Post by Razz »

Taosym wrote:Dizzy Hearts turns 1 year old. I wrote a blog post as a celebration for the anniversary!

Wow that was a really fun read. :) I love the old pics next to the new ones.

Taosym
Veteran

#15 Post by Taosym »

Razz wrote:
Taosym wrote:Dizzy Hearts turns 1 year old. I wrote a blog post as a celebration for the anniversary!

Wow that was a really fun read. :) I love the old pics next to the new ones.
Thanks! It's quite embarrassing though..