[Fantasy] The Game

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Katfitey

[Fantasy] The Game

#1 Post by Katfitey »

Hiya! This is my first attempt at a visual novel and it's still a work in progress.
The protagonist is named Robyn and one night, after she has fallen asleep, a demon speaks to her and offers to grant her wish if she competes in, and beats, a seven event game.

There are seven players, including Robyn:
Simon
Simon is a cheerful, twelve year old who is not always confident in himself. He feels powerless surrounded by a bunch of older kids and does not think he has a chance of winning the demon's game.
Simon is a cheerful, twelve year old who is not always confident in himself. He feels powerless surrounded by a bunch of older kids and does not think he has a chance of winning the demon's game.
Izzy
Izzy is a teenage girl with the best of both worlds: She's a genius who has brawn. She can be cold and withdrawn though
Izzy is a teenage girl with the best of both worlds: She's a genius who has brawn. She can be cold and withdrawn though
Al
Al is a forgetful teenage boy of seventeen. He does not seem inclined to chatter but is highly protective once he decides he likes you
Al is a forgetful teenage boy of seventeen. He does not seem inclined to chatter but is highly protective once he decides he likes you
Rhine
Rhine is a distinerested boy who prefers to listen to his music rather than focus on the Game. What wish would be powerful enough to send him somewhere he clearly does not want to be?
Rhine is a distinerested boy who prefers to listen to his music rather than focus on the Game. What wish would be powerful enough to send him somewhere he clearly does not want to be?
Angelica
Angelica is a perky girl who does not look like she has any problems in the world. What could possibly make her want to get her wish granted?
Angelica is a perky girl who does not look like she has any problems in the world. What could possibly make her want to get her wish granted?
Tina
Tina (yes, he's a guy) looks tough but he has a sensitive side that makes him into a big teddy bear at times.
Tina (yes, he's a guy) looks tough but he has a sensitive side that makes him into a big teddy bear at times.
Who will win the demon's game?

i had trouble making sprites on the computer so i drew them and used a thing called GIMP to cut them. It's worked, but the outcome was a bit dissapointing. The pencil drawings don't look as professional as i had hoped and i didnt cut them perfectly at points.
This is my first game so I hope I can make a good one :)

DangoRiceBalls
Regular
Completed: Take a Breath, Kami Cho, and that's it :P
Projects: Kuroi Tsubasa
Organization: Dango Productions

Re: [Fantasy] The Game

#2 Post by DangoRiceBalls »

It looks good, but regarding the artwork, most of your characters are a bit slouchy...but for being your first game, that's pretty good. (: I've seen worse. But mostly, it's the plot that counts. Looking forward to ittt [x FUFFUFUFU.
Call me Cj...hehee [x♥
Selling chewy, tasty, mochi for 1 penny each!

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

Re: [Fantasy] The Game

#3 Post by Coren »

... I just lost The Game.