The Edge of Magic (Modern fantasy) [Demo]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
inhalance
Regular
Projects: Seasonal Melody ♬

Re: The Edge of Magic (Modern fantasy)

#61 Post by inhalance »

I absolutely love the art! The character designs are really beautiful as well :) I just stumbled upon this thread and I'm glad to see that you're working on it again ^^ I'll be keeping myself up to date with this thread, definitely going to follow it. Good luck!
Offering proofreading help and writing assets.

Current WIP:

AsagiMete
Regular

#62 Post by AsagiMete »

inhalance wrote:I absolutely love the art! The character designs are really beautiful as well :) I just stumbled upon this thread and I'm glad to see that you're working on it again ^^ I'll be keeping myself up to date with this thread, definitely going to follow it. Good luck!
Asagi never stopped. :wink: It's just really boring to do updates that sound like, "Asagi sat at her computer today and hit the "a" key seven hundred and twelve times!" I thought about talking about the characters and plot that I'm working on, but most people just like to see the pretty art. Pretty bum for Asagi the Super Writer, but the story is the most important piece and something I can't fail to not give it my all on!

I still can't think up any good names for a circle. >.<; It's hard to build a website when you have no clue what to call it.

specialtantei
Veteran

#63 Post by specialtantei »

AsagiMete wrote: I still can't think up any good names for a circle. >.<; It's hard to build a website when you have no clue what to call it.
Hmmm. What about something with a catchy foreing name?
Like...Scrittura Magia or Somnium Fabula :).

AsagiMete
Regular

#64 Post by AsagiMete »

specialtantei wrote:
AsagiMete wrote: I still can't think up any good names for a circle. >.<; It's hard to build a website when you have no clue what to call it.
I dunno. Everything I write is fantasy, so it could work. I just want to make sure it is something people could pronounce and remember.

specialtantei
Veteran

#65 Post by specialtantei »

AsagiMete wrote:
specialtantei wrote:
I dunno. Everything I write is fantasy, so it could work. I just want to make sure it is something people could pronounce and remember.
Then you should use the name of something you like combined with magic/fantasy themed word. For example, imagining you like apples, you can come up with Magical Apple, Dream's Apple Unicorn Apples and more. Imagination power :).

Minnfae
Regular
Projects: Undecided

#66 Post by Minnfae »

This project looks really nice.
Best of luck to you
My avatar art is a freebie by SilverHyena. Thanks a lot!

AsagiMete
Regular

#67 Post by AsagiMete »

specialtantei wrote: Then you should use the name of something you like combined with magic/fantasy themed word. For example, imagining you like apples, you can come up with Magical Apple, Dream's Apple Unicorn Apples and more. Imagination power :).
Hmmmm... I'll have to think harder!
Minnfae wrote:This project looks really nice.
Best of luck to you
Thanks!

AsagiMete
Regular

#68 Post by AsagiMete »

I've been really sick lately, so the game ended up being put to the side while I recovered. The good news is that I'm back in action! We're halfway through the backgrounds, and they look awesome! I'm still looking for a co-writer, if anyone is interested in writing with me.
EoM Screenshot.PNG

ngareci
Regular
Completed: Grinning Heart: the meeting & the voyage, Nacira

#69 Post by ngareci »

This game seems interesting!
Nice sprites! I love Rvana design and for the girl, I like Katrina.. :D
The plot is pretty unique, is there's any magic battle involved?
If this game was modelled after 1960s Western Europe, then the sprites costume must be appropriate with the people at that time, right? It will be takes a lot of references..
Good luck on your progress!~
Completed Project
Image Image Image
===========================
Deviantart

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#70 Post by Ran08 »

Ahhh, I think this will turn out great. I find the graphics simple, but very pretty, and the story interesting too. <3 I look forward to this! If only this would be released sooner! Hahaha.

Must... bookmark... page.

AsagiMete
Regular

#71 Post by AsagiMete »

ngareci wrote:This game seems interesting!
Nice sprites! I love Rvana design and for the girl, I like Katrina.. :D
The plot is pretty unique, is there's any magic battle involved?
If this game was modelled after 1960s Western Europe, then the sprites costume must be appropriate with the people at that time, right? It will be takes a lot of references..
Good luck on your progress!~
Katrina, huh? I fancy her dress sprite the most out of her outfits because she looks so different with her hair down.

Magic battles would be fun, and there is a bit with Ellen and near the end, but this story won't have a lot of that. I'm gonna think about that one a little more.

1960s political scene is what it is based off. The world is a tense place where even the slightest provocation might end up sparking a global war. The clothing style is really reminiscent of that time period, but not faithfully depicted.
Ran08 wrote:Ahhh, I think this will turn out great. I find the graphics simple, but very pretty, and the story interesting too. <3 I look forward to this! If only this would be released sooner! Hahaha.

Thank you so much! I was hoping to do a little preview release once the remaining backgrounds were in to help showcase the story and the characters! It'll only be an hour long.

netravelr
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Culina: Hands in the Kitchen, Culina: The Spirit of Cooking, Saving Zoey
Projects: Love at the Laundromat
Organization: Lakeview Interactive
Deviantart: netravelr

#72 Post by netravelr »

Can't believe I haven't seen this yet... but that's fixed now. The game looks really interesting, and I can't wait to see it! Good luck finding a co-writer!
Technical Designer/Programmer
Game Design Portfolio - Project updates on my Twitter
Experienced in: C/C++/C#, Python, Unreal, Unity, and Flash

TheOneTwo
Regular

#73 Post by TheOneTwo »

Ok. Everything looks perfectly perfect. I really love anything that deals with 'fantasy'. So, thanks for making this game. :wink:

Say, will this be free? Or.. commercial? :roll:
Bish please, I'm fab.

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#74 Post by Ran08 »

AsagiMete wrote:
Ran08 wrote:Ahhh, I think this will turn out great. I find the graphics simple, but very pretty, and the story interesting too. <3 I look forward to this! If only this would be released sooner! Hahaha.

Thank you so much! I was hoping to do a little preview release once the remaining backgrounds were in to help showcase the story and the characters! It'll only be an hour long.
Awieee, that's alright with me! I love the art anyway. Hahaha. :) And I'm very interested in the plot. It's quite different from all the others I've seen.

Like the poster above me asked, will this be free, or commercial? (Keeping my fingers crossed... hahaha.)

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#75 Post by Blane Doyle »

NOT YOU TOO.
HAS EVERYONE BEEN SICK THIS WEEK?

Ok, enough of the over dramatic caps lock. (But seriously, it seems like everyone I know has been sick this week.) I am glad you are doing well again!

The backgrounds do look very nice, glad to see this is back on track.
I would volunteer for co-writer but... heheh... I can't even finish my own projects and I doubt I'll be able to match writing styles...
I hope you manage to find someone more capable than me, though. I'm looking forward to this still.