Elementals-The Party is here![BxG, BxB & GxG][Humor,Romance]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
FeliaNJones
Projects: Aes(Incomplete) Elements-The Party is here!(Incomplete) Decisions(Incomplete)

Elementals-The Party is here![BxG, BxB & GxG][Humor,Romance]

#1 Post by FeliaNJones »

Plot:This game takes place in the time before the Humans were on Earth.In this game,you play as an ambassador from the Human kingdom attempting to convince the Elemental kingdoms to unite with the Human kingdom.You are given 4 months to accomplish this, so you must spend your time equally in the kingdoms and must do the things the monarchs want you to do.
Characters:
You:You can choose your name and gender in this game.Though you can choose what you say and such,this usually just affects other characters and not your personality.You grew up in and orphanage until the royal family adopted you.

Earth:The eccentric,stubborn Element who loves to party!

Air:The mysterious Element who is very sneaky and seems to hate everyone.

Fire:The hard-headed and short-tempered Element who hates Water.

Water:The passive-aggressive Element who hates Fire.

Your female friend:You get to choose her name.She loves caring for the needy and doesn't like it when her brother restricts her from doing so.

Your male friend:You get to choose his name.He's the king of the Human kingdom and is overprotective of his sister.

Art:I don't have the time to make sprites and backgrounds for this,so I had to go on the internet and look for art.(It sucks that I had to do that but....)
Writing:Most of it is done.
Music:Almost done.
Process:15%

This will be a free game,since I know it's hard to get money these days,and besides,I'm using someone else' s art,so...

Oh,and I do need beta testers,but only if you're willing to.

I wanted criticism on this ,mostly on the plot and what I should do.I really want tips and hints on what to do and how,and how to make it better.This is my first visual novel,so when I make the next one(I hope)I want it to better than this one.

So,I suppose that's it!Now like I said,this is my first visual novel so...*opens teary eyes* POUND ME WITH THE BEST CRITICISM YOU'VE GOT.
Attachments
The King of the Human kingdom.
The King of the Human kingdom.
Water,one of the Elements.
Water,one of the Elements.
Earth,one of the Elements.
Earth,one of the Elements.
Air,one of the Elements.
Air,one of the Elements.
Last edited by FeliaNJones on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Victoria Jennings
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Elementals-The Party is here![BxG, BxB & GxG][Humor,Roma

#2 Post by Victoria Jennings »

Hey, uh, I noticed one of the sprites you're using is of Isabella from don't take it personally babe, it just ain't your story, and I'm fairly certain that her sprite is not Creative Commons.

Instead, I would suggest maybe taking sprites from the Creative Commons section of the forum?

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#3 Post by papillon »

Actually, those sprites *are* available for use. They were not originally created for DTIPB, you can buy them in sprite packs (and they may be free for free games, I'm not sure. But they're definitely available under non-exclusive licenses.)

The issue of people 'recognising' them as other characters may distract players though.

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#4 Post by teacup »

Yeah, I've seen those sprites used all over the place. They're even being used in some commercial games.

Victoria Jennings
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Victoria Jennings »

papillon wrote:Actually, those sprites *are* available for use. They were not originally created for DTIPB, you can buy them in sprite packs (and they may be free for free games, I'm not sure. But they're definitely available under non-exclusive licenses.)

The issue of people 'recognising' them as other characters may distract players though.
Ah, I did not know that. Thanks for clearing that up, and sorry for not researching it beforehand.

Good luck on your game! I found the romance combos you listed quite interesting (usually you'll have one, two or four different kinds of romance to pursue, three is uncommon as far as I know).

FeliaNJones
Projects: Aes(Incomplete) Elements-The Party is here!(Incomplete) Decisions(Incomplete)

#6 Post by FeliaNJones »

Victoria Jennings wrote:
papillon wrote:Actually, those sprites *are* available for use. They were not originally created for DTIPB, you can buy them in sprite packs (and they may be free for free games, I'm not sure. But they're definitely available under non-exclusive licenses.)

Ah, I did not know that. Thanks for clearing that up, and sorry for not researching it beforehand.

Good luck on your game! I found the romance combos you listed quite interesting (usually you'll have one, two or four different kinds of romance to pursue, three is uncommon as far as I know).
Thanks,I need it. :)

♥BlackRainbow08♥
Projects: 'Love High'
Organization: Registered Member

#7 Post by ♥BlackRainbow08♥ »

Looks interesting. I will be looking forward to it :)
\(♥.♥)/ Hiii. Call me She. \(♥.♥)/
Love is in the air. You can feel it before realizing it.
|| My Blogs || My Watty Account || My New Website || My Twitter || My Tumblr || Visit Me~! Thank You♥
Drawing and Writing Stories, I just love to do so. It makes me so happy. ^___^v
♥BlackRainbow08♥