Chasing [Tragedy/Fantasy]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
XxrenxX
Veteran
Projects: Chasing
Deviantart: bara-ettie

Chasing [Tragedy/Fantasy]

#1 Post by XxrenxX »

New thread for game as it's updated and changed a lot since.
All new updates will be there.

Link added November 13th 2019

"We've waited.
Come, our beloved Angel... We have been waiting for you
My Angel.. Our dearest.
Let us clip.. Those stained red wings."
~Story~
Everyone has secrets. Little did Sandra know that this secret wasn't from any one person. She was living in a world that had walls built on lies. Upon meeting the mysterious Darmuid, she discovers that he was sent from an organization to protect her from demons.

Project Completion: 35%
Statistics:

Coding: 90%
Story: 90%
Script: 32%
Editing: 32%
Character Sprites: 40%
Background Development: 0%
CG: 15%
Music: 25%
Voice: 0% [Voices Batch1 Picked]
Length:9 Chapters. 7 Additional Endings.
Currently Working On: Chapter 4.
May contain Violence, and Blood. Does not contain swearing.
Themes/Genres: Fantasy, Romance, Dark [only a hint], Drama
Dimensions: 950x600px
Commercially: Unknown. Depending on finished result may be sold or be free download.
Release Date:Not yet established. Aiming for the summer of 2014.
Unlockable's:
Darmuid & Jeiss: A Flashback
Complete both Jeiss and Darmuid's endings to unlock a chapter about how they met, and how Jeiss became a werewolf.
Skuy & Nick: A Fathers Wrath
Complete Skuy's ending to unlock a chapter about Nick and the reason he hates Skuy so much. Alternate route to unlock chapter is available within the main story starting shortly after you arrive at Vigil Aurae.
<<More will be announced later>>
Options_Ground.png
ImageImageImage

Need to email us about a problem or just have a question? Send it to: chasingvisual@gmail.com or collettespain@gmail.com
Updates:

[06/02/2013]
In game menu's being reworked/fixing glitches. Almost done writing the second demo, will shortly be sent to our editor and then it can be uploaded, hopefully before the end of June.

[06/08/2013]
Finished the In-Game cell menu [preview images below]. I've also programmed a "Hint" section under the help button of the cell menu. I haven't added a lot of hints to it but There are a few before questions show up so if you check it and see a hint, it will mean a choice is soon. The hints will automatically guide you along the "Good" path or tell you when a character point is coming up. The path will change if you go onto a character's route, then the hints will change to help you get to that characters end instead of getting a game over. A Terminology section has also been added to the gallery for those having a hard time keeping up with the different races within the story. Accessible before you even start a new game.

[10/19/2013]
We are redoing the sprites. We have also been editing a lot of the dialogue to try and make it less boring.
This project is being done on our free time as we do not have the funds to do it full time. This will result in dates being pushed back and a longer wait for the release. We do accept donations but we are not going out of our way to ask for them. There is also some instances, like right now, where we are redoing the art to make it more visually appealing.

Also if you are interested in joining us with this project [it would be unpaid] send an email to one of the two above. Our staff is very small, so we really don't mind if we had an extra hand or two to help out to maybe, possibly, speed up the process of this project.

Thank all of those who support this project and we hope you do until the end.

-Collette
Last edited by XxrenxX on Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:16 am, edited 92 times in total.

specialtantei
Veteran

Re: Chasing [Tragedy/Fantasy]

#2 Post by specialtantei »

I'm soo stalking this thread~.
I like the idea and the art is gorgeous, so I will patiently wait for the game to be finished.

XxrenxX
Veteran

#3 Post by XxrenxX »

specialtantei wrote:I'm soo stalking this thread~.
I like the idea and the art is gorgeous, so I will patiently wait for the game to be finished.
Thanks =D I plan to release a short demo within the next week or so, I'll post a download link once that's done.

Onomatopoeia
Regular

#4 Post by Onomatopoeia »

Looks quite promising! I'm a fan of the logo and menus you posted, they look great.

Only 20% done now and you plan to have a demo next week? Looks like you're working quite smart, I wish you the best of luck. Can't wait for the demo!

XxrenxX
Veteran

#5 Post by XxrenxX »

Demo on hold for Holidays [Selling Commissions for Holidays]

If I have time I will work and try to get the Demo out.

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#6 Post by WickedRaccoon »

wow,a new thread to stalk!!! ^^ *hides in closet*
wish you good luck!!!

Veniae
Veteran

#7 Post by Veniae »

I don't know why I hadn't checked out this thread until today. I'm loving what you have so far! The art is absolutely gorgeous and the story sounds great.

How long do you expect the finished game to be? Also, is it going to be free or commercial? In any case, good luck! I'm rooting for you!

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#8 Post by WickedRaccoon »

hey XxrenxX,are there any updates of this game?and i second veniane's question on rather it'll be free or commercial...^^ hope to see the demo out soon.wish you luck..again :P

XxrenxX
Veteran

#9 Post by XxrenxX »

Thanks for the support and sorry the demo is taking longer than expected, especially with the holidays. We are almost done the demo it's just a bunch of little things that can be a pain to fix.

As for commercial. I do plan to sell this once it is complete [the demo will be free] but I will try keeping the price of it low. The game itself wont be out for a long time so we are trying to make the demo a good length to get people use to our interface and get an idea of the story and games.

angelmoon78

#10 Post by angelmoon78 »

This sound pretty interesting :) And I really like the art style!

Oh, and Merry Christmas~

XxrenxX
Veteran

Re: Chasing [Tragedy/Fantasy] +Art

#11 Post by XxrenxX »

Art Added and Screenshots/Characters updated.

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

Re: Chasing [Tragedy/Fantasy] Updated

#12 Post by WickedRaccoon »

Wow,the art is amazing! Like the configuration menu you made for during the play-time. The credits menu is also nice.
The CG's are gorgeous (and so is Mr. Scar-face xD).
The sprites are cute,especially Liam (the fact that his shirt says "bite me" and that "Laimargia" means Gluttony in greek is sarcastic,but I love it ^^)
The apartments are fabulous,like the details and colors details. Are they 3D?

9-of-Hearts
Regular

#13 Post by 9-of-Hearts »

I love the art, especially for Liam's sprite--I'm a sucker for the pointy-eared, and I love his clothes--and the CGs looks as if they could be from a professional anime. The story seems to have an interesting premise, too, so I'm definitely looking forward to the demo!

XxrenxX
Veteran

#14 Post by XxrenxX »

WickedRaccoon wrote:Wow,the art is amazing! Like the configuration menu you made for during the play-time. The credits menu is also nice.
The CG's are gorgeous (and so is Mr. Scar-face xD).
The sprites are cute,especially Liam (the fact that his shirt says "bite me" and that "Laimargia" means Gluttony in greek is sarcastic,but I love it ^^)
The apartments are fabulous,like the details and colors details. Are they 3D?

Yes all my backgrounds are 3D with a simple photoshop filter on top.

wonderland
Regular
Projects: Fairy Tale Stupor [GxB] [Fantasy] [Adventure]

#15 Post by wonderland »

This is very interesting! The art is absolutely breathtaking! I mean the sprites and the full screen art? They're just flawless! I hope you finish this project! Good luck! (:
"Keep your head up princess, if not the crown falls.."