Milk~La légende des étoiles (Cows & aliens) Update 11/07

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Helianthus
Regular
Completed: Being Beauteous, Ambre, HVNCML, Garden of Oblivion, Wounded by Words
Projects: Chronotopia, Khzi and the Cursed Stone
Organization: Träumendes Mädchen
Tumblr: TraumendesMadchen

Milk~La légende des étoiles (Cows & aliens) Update 11/07

#1 Post by Helianthus »

An ambitious episodic series mixing together comedy, drama, adventure and fantasy elements.
Trapped for eternity, God gets bored and decides to have fun playing around with mortals. His choice? A marginal teenager seeking for a future calledTarô Caligula, who is living in a world where cows have an humanoid look. He will then come across five girls that this unpredictable divinity placed on the way : two of them are the heirs of a distant forgotten past, key of the secret behind the existence of humanoid cows ; two others takes root in the present, brave girls wishing to shape themselves ; the last represents the future and holds the power to revolutionize the world. It’s up to Tarô to find the true, with the help of a mysterious alien who seems to know him…but what exactly is his role ?

This is not his choice, but yours. But be sure not to upset the God of this world or you'll see through a strange deception...

Episode 5 DONE
Story : 100%
Script : 100%
Music : 100%
Sprite : 100%
Backgrounds : 100%
Chibis : 100%
CGs : 100%
Tarô
You may think Tarô Caligula is your average teenager but no, he’s strange (like really, really strange), to the point his only friend often get asked why he’s still hanging around him. Even though he doesn’t like to talk to people, his father asked him to organize a job interview to find a new cow for their farm. And then, Tarô’s world blew up…slowly...

Miruku
Youngest of the Meushi siblings, Miruku carries many complexes because of it. With her sisters having brilliant success, she became painfully shy and has a strong tendencie to blame herself for her many blunders. She really wants to get the job, especially given the problems in her last job, but feels beaten in advance. Miruku is also very close to her cousin, Kurumi, with whom she is friend since childhood and represents her biggest psychological support.

Kurumi
Kurumi should have been a cow but after a strange deformity, she came into the world with strange ear-hair, which earned her regular mockery from humans and "real" cows. The difficult life she leads teached her to strenghten and even if she hides her weaknesses by excessively protecting her cousin, who is also her only real friend, she is not much more confident. The two girls have a habit of encouraging one another, so when Miruku announced her plans of standing for the job, Kurumi obviously rushed to support her.

Makuro
Makuro scares everyone with her piercing eyes. It must be said that her hobbies do not help her much to get friends : ordinary people don’t really appreciate hunting wild boar and firearms’ cleaning. But nevertheless, she's very big hearted. This job is mainly to assert her independence because she lived in her grandmother's home for too long and she’s fed up with her previous interviews failures ! It is said that she had made big mistakes in her youth...

Mizuho
Before applying as a cow, Mizuho was a teacher, or so it seems. Today she evokes these years with swearing and shouting, so much that we do not dare questioning her too much about her past. Unemployed for several long months, she's depressed and drinks way too much, as it is not uncommon to find her asleep on the floor at any time of the day. In fact, we don't know that much about her, as she’s practically invisible (except when she’s drunk). And aren’t the quietest the most dangerous?

Mika
When seeing Mika for the first time you’d be thinking you are dealing with a child as she looks very young and is doing everything to maintain the illusion. Her things are magic, anything out of the ordinary, paranormal, fantasy. She refuses to grow up and remains in her childish world. Despite her joviality, she stays strangely lucid and mature, this is also why she submitted her application, to initiate her first step in adult life. Ironically, her own story is ultimately more incredible than any of her favorite books...

Khzi
Khzi is an albino woman with long white hair and red eyes who works as a mercenary for the Interstellar Travellers’ Society. She claims she came on Earth because of the breakdown of her starship but with her mischievous and unpredictable personality, who knows…And why does she seems to know Tarô and the others so well ?
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

For comments about every chapter releases, you can read this topic in the Completed Games section.
The thing with this project is that all the team members are French. As the leader/writer, I must say I’m not comfortable at all writing directly in English (too much work, too stressful), so I thought it was more relevant for me to let the words flow in my native language and try to translate later for a bilingual release. So the team is trying to translate the script from French to English but we need regular help to ensure we’re not saying something stupid. See topic here. So if you’re interested to lend us a hand, you’ll be welcome :D
Last edited by Helianthus on Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:11 pm, edited 93 times in total.

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

Re: Milk ~ La légende des étoiles [Fantasy|Romance|Comedy|Dr

#2 Post by WickedRaccoon »

8D haha cow girls!!!now that's what i call unique.this is one interesting game!!!will keep my eyes on this.also,english is my native language,so i can help you guys out with the translation when the time comes,even though...i know no french....at all "Orz

Helianthus
Regular

#3 Post by Helianthus »

WickedRaccoon wrote:8D haha cow girls!!!now that's what i call unique.this is one interesting game!!!will keep my eyes on this.also,english is my native language,so i can help you guys out with the translation when the time comes,even though...i know no french....at all "Orz
The use of cow girls in the visual novel has a long bizarre story 8).

It sure is better to correct a translated text knowing what it means in the other language but a mere beta-testing would be helpful anyway so thank you… If you’re still up when we’ll ask for help, that’ll be great =).

P.S : “Unique”, that reminds me of Nagato Yuki (otaku spotted XD)

Cinnamoon
Regular
Projects: Crystal Aria ~Starlight (20%), かわいいなリズム (38%)
Organization: CoffeeCat

#4 Post by Cinnamoon »

Kyaaa~. Je suivais ton blog depuis déjà un moment, et je suis contente de voir votre projet sur lemmasoft :D !
J'ai vraiment hâte de jouer à ce jeu, j'ai cru comprendre que cela fait un moment que vous travaillez dessus. Je vous souhaite beaucoup de courage, je suis sûre que vous n'aurez pas trop de mal à trouver quelques âmes charitables souhaitant vous aider pour la traduction en anglais. Et pour une des rares fois où l'on a droit à un VN en français, je dis chapeau et merci beaucoup !
Can't wait :3

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#5 Post by WickedRaccoon »

Helianthus wrote:
WickedRaccoon wrote:8D haha cow girls!!!now that's what i call unique.this is one interesting game!!!will keep my eyes on this.also,english is my native language,so i can help you guys out with the translation when the time comes,even though...i know no french....at all "Orz
The use of cow girls in the visual novel has a long bizarre story 8).

It sure is better to correct a translated text knowing what it means in the other language but a mere beta-testing would be helpful anyway so thank you… If you’re still up when we’ll ask for help, that’ll be great =).

P.S : “Unique”, that reminds me of Nagato Yuki (otaku spotted XD)
yeah sure,i'm up with helping anytime you need it
P.S: i looked up Nagato Yuki,cause i suck with characters and you ma'am,are awesome.you just gave me a new anime to watch over the weekend ^^

michi 18
Veteran
Completed: none at the moment's notice
Projects: The Universal Hope;Wisdom Revival
Organization: Pridal Heavens Inc.

#6 Post by michi 18 »

stalking it
Projects: (I hope you'll support them ) Wisdom Revivalhttp://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=16488 and Universal Hope (Uni-H)http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=16452.

Helianthus
Regular

#7 Post by Helianthus »

Cinnamoon wrote:
Kyaaa~. Je suivais ton blog depuis déjà un moment, et je suis contente de voir votre projet sur lemmasoft :D !
J'ai vraiment hâte de jouer à ce jeu, j'ai cru comprendre que cela fait un moment que vous travaillez dessus. Je vous souhaite beaucoup de courage, je suis sûre que vous n'aurez pas trop de mal à trouver quelques âmes charitables souhaitant vous aider pour la traduction en anglais. Et pour une des rares fois où l'on a droit à un VN en français, je dis chapeau et merci beaucoup !
Can't wait :3
French Time
Tiens, une compatriote ^^. Cela fait un moment que je suis sur ce projet mais la production en elle-même n’a commencé que depuis début 2012. L’inexpérience aidant, on a eu beaucoup de mal à avancer parce qu’on ne savait pas trop comment s’y prendre et on a eu une grosse période de pause à la sortie de Being Beauteous et durant les vacances d’été, donc au final, on a juste beaucoup tardé. Mais hé, c’est comme ça qu’on apprend.
J’espère qu’on aura pas trop de mal avec les âmes charitables non plus, il n’y a pas tant de bilingues que ça dans le coin.

(Des VNs français, un jour on en aura, il faut juste se battre pour que ça arrive :) )
WickedRaccoon wrote:yeah sure,i'm up with helping anytime you need it
P.S: i looked up Nagato Yuki,cause i suck with characters and you ma'am,are awesome.you just gave me a new anime to watch over the weekend ^^
You’re welcome o/.
Since the Suzumiya Haruhi anime had a great echo in the French community (a lot of French otakus were claiming it was revolutionary, I’m not even joking) I’m used to hearing Haruhi references all the times, so it’s a bit weird to me to discover that actually not all otakus are fans of it X’D.
michi 18 wrote:stalking it
Jiiiiiiii~

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#8 Post by WickedRaccoon »

Helianthus wrote: You’re welcome o/.
Since the Suzumiya Haruhi anime had a great echo in the French community (a lot of French otakus were claiming it was revolutionary, I’m not even joking) I’m used to hearing Haruhi references all the times, so it’s a bit weird to me to discover that actually not all otakus are fans of it X’D.
wow,i didn't knew it had that much of an influence to the french otakus.now i know it's something worth watching.yeah,the greek otakus rarely see stuff other than the classics,and the few i know are not that much in those type.so it's nice to discover new anime series!!! ^^

Helianthus
Regular

Re: Milk ~ La légende des étoiles [BxG] (Update 30/11)

#9 Post by Helianthus »

A little update with more screenshots ! (Because I feel like sharing right now 8) )
Introducing the protagonist’s elder brother. He doesn’t seem happy for some reason…

Tarô bumping into Miruku in the middle of the night

As you can see above, we’re trying to find a good font. Still working on it :) .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
WickedRaccoon wrote:wow,i didn't knew it had that much of an influence to the french otakus.now i know it's something worth watching.yeah,the greek otakus rarely see stuff other than the classics,and the few i know are not that much in those type.so it's nice to discover new anime series!!! ^^
Well, to be honest, I never was that much of a fan of the Haruhi franchise. The first season was quite enjoyable and…nothing more. The film was really great. However I didn’t like the second season at all. To explain my astonishment, you have to understand that, in 2006-2007, French otakus wouldn’t let you criticize the series. Hopefully, the enthusiasm has decreased a little since then XD.
Last edited by Helianthus on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Roganis
Regular
Completed: Being Beauteous
Projects: Milk
Organization: Traumendes Mädchen

#10 Post by Roganis »

A quick post to say I'm the composer of the game, and the OST of the trailer is now done. It's 40mn long, and the complete OST should be around 90mn long (still working on it). We've been working on the trailer for something like one year, so we can't wait to see the result in the middle of February. We're trying to translate the trailer in english,but it's quite hard for us 'cause it's not our native language... So if someone with a level in french is here, we'd be pleased if he could help us ! :)
Composer of the team. Music is magic.
If you got interested, go see my stuff at my Workshop.

Helianthus
Regular

#11 Post by Helianthus »

Hello, folks :D

I wanted to show properly how we’re doing, so here’s a little video of our upcoming visual novel :
EDIT : We made a new trailer, the old one was too cheap... Go to page 3 or the front post to watch it ! :D

Besides, I have updated the first post to match with our actual progress. I must say I'm confident in meeting the deadline. We still have a lot of little improvements to make but the core of the game is done and illustrations are almost finished (except for the CGs).

Saying that, I hope that some people here are interested. More news about the release will come soon. By then stay tuned ~

(Thanks Roganis ;) )
Last edited by Helianthus on Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

Re: Milk ~ La légende des étoiles [BxG] - Update 19/12 (vide

#12 Post by WickedRaccoon »

oh wow.this game's progress is moving fast! i enjoyed the video,gave me a preview on what to expect from this ^^ and i must say,it still makes me curious to play it,so hurry and get the teaser out!!!! (just kiddin' XD) will be waiting for more updates.until then,i wish you guys the best of luck!!!!

Roganis
Regular
Completed: Being Beauteous
Projects: Milk
Organization: Traumendes Mädchen

#13 Post by Roganis »

Helianthus wrote:(Thanks Roganis ;) )
My pleasure :p
WickedRaccoon wrote:oh wow.this game's progress is moving fast! i enjoyed the video,gave me a preview on what to expect from this ^^ and i must say,it still makes me curious to play it,so hurry and get the teaser out!!!! (just kiddin' XD) will be waiting for more updates.until then,i wish you guys the best of luck!!!!
It warms our hearts to see new eyes on the project telling us it seems to be good work ! When you're in a project, you can't really now if your work is that good :o
The game's progressing fast because we've been working on it for months before showing it to anyone, so that you wounldn't have to wait for almost a year before having a little release ^^

The game's indeed quite weird I must say. I've read the script of the full game, and... Woah... You'll understand a bit with the first release xD
Composer of the team. Music is magic.
If you got interested, go see my stuff at my Workshop.

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#14 Post by WickedRaccoon »

Roganis wrote:It warms our hearts to see new eyes on the project telling us it seems to be good work ! When you're in a project, you can't really now if your work is that good :o
The game's progressing fast because we've been working on it for months before showing it to anyone, so that you wounldn't have to wait for almost a year before having a little release ^^

The game's indeed quite weird I must say. I've read the script of the full game, and... Woah... You'll understand a bit with the first release xD
haha no spoilers yet!!!i want it to be a secret XD
but yeah,your project is really good,unique as i said above.i mean,how many VN's involing cows are there?sure,we have a pigeons game,but cows?the level of awesomeness is too high on this one!!!!
and don't worry,weird is nice.weird is good 8D

Helianthus
Regular

Re: Milk ~ La légende des étoiles [BxG] - Update 13/01

#15 Post by Helianthus »

Remaking the intro post with new screenshots and logo. I updated the progress too since we only have some coding left along with two or three last CGs :D

I think we will finish Episode 1 at the end of January or the beginning of February. There is mainly one “problem” left : the translation. We have about half of the script done but some of us are working at a slow pace (some are faster). I still hope the English version will be ready in time for you, folks :o !