Dustbin Dreaming ~ The Beginning [Slice of Life]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Xuan
Regular
Projects: Dustbin Dreaming

Dustbin Dreaming ~ The Beginning [Slice of Life]

#1 Post by Xuan »

Good day everyone.

Author's Note: So first, it has been a rather painful but entertaining experience creating my first Visual Novel. Note that since I am a beginner and my team is practically non-existent (Once again, a million thanks to jeje, Kingv and Ziassan for their generous help, seriously), many of the settings are left default and some sections may be painful to watch. However, I plead that you play through my game and provide as much feedback as possible! Thank you!

Also, here's an online survey I'd like players to fill in and submit. I need it for my final presentation, so I'll be extremely grateful if everyone can lend a hand! Thanks in advance!

Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/vie ... MUF2Rmc6MQ

Game Download Link (Fixed!):
Windows

Dustbin Dreaming ~ The Beginning

This is a linear and educative Visual Novel with Bully as the main theme of the story.

Note: This is a completed Visual Novel. However, since this is actually a 'short' version of the actual Dustbin Dreaming Visual Novel that I'm trying to create, and since it's not tested by the public, I'm leaving this here at WIP.

Synopsis :

Ceiland, high school student,15 years old, and a boy who is looked down upon and bullied by almost all students of the same grade. His high school life had been normal and uneventful until one day, he accidentally stumbled onto a bully situation and since found himself the fresh and brand new victim for the year. Fearful of the leader of the bullies, Zhon Yang – the youngest son of the town’s gang, with no lack of rumors of deaths and drugs – the entire student body turned on Ceiland and treated him like trash in order to prevent themselves from being targeted. However, unlike previous victims, Ceiland kept a cool mask and actively searched for ways to defuse the situation – without resorting to any violence – behind the bully’s back, but so far nothing had seemed to work.

Fortunately, he had two good friends, Shenea and Quron, who are undaunted by the bullies’ threatening presence and talked to him frequently, but Ceiland kept his distance as much as possible to avoid getting them involved. Also, there was a café called Midori which he frequented often and got acquainted with the owner Maine. Maine was former military and taught him some self-defense, which Ceiland had learned with great interest, but not once he had used them to protect himself from the bullies. He had a past that would stops him short whenever he thinks violence is a solution, and it’s slowly but surely forcing him into a corner.

But he can no longer run away from reality. With his final sanctuary invaded and his friends kidnapped by the very same bullies that tormented him every day, Ceiland must make a choice: Triumph over his fears once and for all, or be crushed underneath them – forever.

Characters :

Ceiland (MC)- A peculiar young boy, 15 years old, weight 60kg, height 170cm. Has messy jet black hair, black eyes and could’ve been handsome if he bothered fixing his attire. His uniforms are always dirty and torn due to bullies picking on him. He carries a number of terrible burdens from the past, but has not given up in seeking redemption yet.

Hersa - An enigmatic young girl, 15 years old, weight 39kg, height 155cm. She often wears a pair of black-framed glasses over her blue eyes and carries around a disproportionately huge, seven-colored school bag. She has long, smooth, to-the-waist black hair, a beautiful face and an attractive figure.

Maine - The owner of the Midori Cafe. He is a retired serviceman and is a good friend to Ceiland. He often listens to his customers' problems and offers advice whenever possible.

Shenea - A good friend to both Ceiland and Shenea. While she has a rather cute and innocent appearance, her personality is bullish, rash and stubborn to the bone *is shot*. She is forever cheerful, and her sunlit smile has been a constant source of comfort for Ceiland.

Quron - Shenea's do - I mean, boyfriend. He is a good friend to Ceiland and is quite the successful basketball player with his incredible height.

Zhon Yang - The son of the Saigon Gang's boss, he is a sadistic and twisted gangster who enjoys nothing more than the suffering of another. He is Ceiland's bully.

Sen Meng & Yusof - Zhon Yang's underlings.

Screenshot :
Last edited by Xuan on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xuan
Regular

Re: Dustbin Dreaming ~ The Beginning [Slice of Life]

#2 Post by Xuan »

Bump.

Veniae
Veteran

#3 Post by Veniae »

That seems like an interesting story, and one many people can relate to... Unfortunately. I'll download the current version (today or tomorro, don't know when I'll have time) and give you some feedback. In the meantime, gotta say I love the art. (At the risk of sounding stupid, that bully is /hot/)

Xuan
Regular

#4 Post by Xuan »

Well, you can thank Widget for that sprite. I never asked him personally, but I found it free and open source somewhere in the forums and used it. Of course, he's also credited in my VN.