Aver [GxB][Mystery, Fantasy, Romance]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Aurume

Aver [GxB][Mystery, Fantasy, Romance]

#1 Post by Aurume »

Hi :) This is my first renpy game! I've decided to post this after several months of on and off work. Any tips or advice is welcome!

PLOT INTRO?
The story takes place in a land where all it's inhabitants are split up into tribes in which each tribe is represented by the spirit of an animal. The main character is Aurora (or whatever you name her), the princess of the tribe of the ravens, from the land of the avians. She has been engaged to the prince of a neighbouring tribe for the sake of peace. However, on their way to their wedding, their party gets invaded by a pack of serpents. Everyone is killed, except for the princess. Was this just a random attack? Or was it planned? And more importantly, who is behind this?

There are 5 obtainable characters, and12+ endings, including some where you DIE.

Genre: Romance, Fantasy, Action, Mystery(Somewhat)

CHARACTERS

.:You: Aurora (or your name):.
(I don't think I'll actually include a sprite of her in the game... I'm not sure yet)
Height: 5'6
Spirit: Raven
Dislikes: Pink
Your princess heroine - she is often unladylike and very adventuorus. However, she is constantly being pressured to act and dress like a "proper young lady". She acts mainly on instinct, and her decisions are often brash and unreasonable. Following the brutal slaughter of her fiance and family members, she intends to avenge the deaths of her family members.

.:Aver:.
Height: 5'7
Spirit: Swan
Dislikes: Poor people
Your typical stuck up prince. Unfortunately for you guys, it will be your unfortunate job to protect this little brat, as he holds the answers to your parent's murders. Perhaps one day he will grow up and have manners?

.:Rook:.
Height: 5'8
Spirit: Wolf
Dislikes: Stuck up, Naive individuals
Rook is a lone wolf, a rogue ex-assassin who wandered away from his tribe. He has since been living by himself in the forest, hunting for food. He is rather quiet and drawn back, and doesn't like to have too much attention focused on himself. Luckily for Aurora, he was just passing by when the serpents attacked. He managed to rescue the princess, and out of the goodness of his heart, has decided to aid the princess in her plight for revenge.

.:Callisto:.
Height: 5'10
Spirit: serpent
Dislikes: Arrogant, bossy people
Not much is known about Callisto's past, but he is not trusted by most people. Unlike most serpents however, Callisto has strangely decided to enlist himself as a bodyguard for his enemy tribe. Although closely trusted by Aver, the young heir to the throne, there is most likely an ulterior motive behind his decision.

.: Deacon:.
(rough concept sketch)
Height: 5'10
Spirit: swan
Dislikes: His little brother, people who get in his way
Deacon is the older brother of Aver. Being the eldest of the two princes, he was supposed to become king. However, due to the fact that he cannot fly, the position was given to his younger brother. Ever since Deacon was young, his parents never cared for him much. Everything that was good was given to his younger brother, and he was promptly ignored.

.:Roxas:.
(rough concept sketch)
Height: 5'8
Spirit: fox
Dislikes: Judgemental individuals, people who have no sense of humour
A happy-go-lucky, fun-loving fox, Roxas is very popular with everyone. He is extremely nice and easy to talk to. The only person who seems to dislike him is Callisto, but then again Callisto hates everybody. Not much is known about his past, but this fact is usually overlooked due to his friendly personality.

OTHER CHARACTERS
.:Ariana:. A bubbly, excited young swan who immediately takes a liking to Aurora.
.:Titania:. An example of a "proper lady". Titania is graceful and elegant. She greatly despises Aurora. She also has a thing for Callisto.
.:Francis:. The fiance of Aurora, got killed in a surprise attack.
.:King and Queen Cygnum:. The parents of Aver and Deacon, rulers of the land of avian.
Several other inhabitants and minor characters that are not really important or worth mentioning...
(Subject to change)

PROGRESS...

Story: 100% (Subject to change)
Script: 80%
Sprites: 30%
CGs: 10%
Backgrounds: 80%
Music: 0%
Coding: 25%

I'm doing all this myself, so it may take a while to finish. Once again, any tips or advice is welcome, and I'm all open to criticism too.
And... below is what the basic style of the screens are going to be like v
Attachments
screenshot0002.png
Last edited by Aurume on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:33 am, edited 4 times in total.

michi 18
Veteran
Completed: none at the moment's notice
Projects: The Universal Hope;Wisdom Revival
Organization: Pridal Heavens Inc.

Re: Aver [GxB][Mystery, Fantasy, Romance]

#2 Post by michi 18 »

I wonder why no one has commented yet. Anyways...cool. Almost done i se. Will be stalking this.

P.S id go for aver
Projects: (I hope you'll support them ) Wisdom Revivalhttp://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=16488 and Universal Hope (Uni-H)http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=16452.

Veniae
Veteran

#3 Post by Veniae »

Oh. c: Nice art, and an interesting premise! I really like what you have so far, and I'd love to see this finished. I wish you lots of luck!

Aurume

#4 Post by Aurume »

Veniae wrote:Oh. c: Nice art, and an interesting premise! I really like what you have so far, and I'd love to see this finished. I wish you lots of luck!
Thankyou :)

AshenhartKrie
Veteran
Tumblr: ashenhartkrie

#5 Post by AshenhartKrie »

This looks awesome.
I will be watching you.
ಠ_ಠ

tired. grumpy. queer
*uses he/him pronouns*

Alwerien
Regular

#6 Post by Alwerien »

Looking forward to this. And hoping we can bring up the stuck-up prince to make him worth all the work. :D
Too bad no Ariana route.

Well, good luck!
I love it when games with romance option have possible love interests both male and female. I wish there were more games like that. :<

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#7 Post by gekiganwing »

Aurume wrote: .:Ariana:. A bubbly, excited young swan who immediately takes a liking to Aurora.
Going along with what Alwerien said, this girl sounds like a possible GxG option. But that might not be your interest, or outside the scope of your VN. Also, the character Ariana could fill any number of other roles (a friend, a rival, and so on).

Aurume

#8 Post by Aurume »

gekiganwing wrote:
Aurume wrote: .:Ariana:. A bubbly, excited young swan who immediately takes a liking to Aurora.
Going along with what Alwerien said, this girl sounds like a possible GxG option. But that might not be your interest, or outside the scope of your VN. Also, the character Ariana could fill any number of other roles (a friend, a rival, and so on).
Yeah sorry guys... I wasn't planning for a GxG path. Ariana has another role that she needs to fill for the VN. By the way thanks everyone for commenting! Really appreciate it :)