Paradise Plus(GXG)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Sexy Yuri
Regular
Completed: None..
Projects: Demonic Hearts(Current). Paradise Plus
Organization: Ero-Ga

Re: Paradise Plus(GXG) 4/19 Update

#31 Post by Sexy Yuri »

Nuxill wrote:
Sexy Yuri wrote:
Nuxill wrote:Is there a reason to have the text box so tiny? For me personally when the text is so low I tend to concentrate on the bottom of the screen and not on the sprites. I don't know if it's the same for others though.
There's not really a reason for the textbox being tiny. I just haven't mess around with it that much.. I will move it higher and make it a bit bigger. :mrgreen:
Ah awesome! Thank you! :lol:
No problem. :)

Is this much better for you? I moved the textbox, quick menu and portrait image up. I also increases the font sides also.

ShippoK
Veteran
Projects: Eyes of Gold (In-Progress)
Organization: (Red Moon)

#32 Post by ShippoK »

I text feels very hard to read, especially sense it's so tiny.

Why not make it brighter or fix the transparent of the textbox.
Much Appreciated for those who took the Survey!

Image Image
Eyes of Gold [BL (Suspense) (+18)] IN-PROGRESS
Alternate Online [(Friendship) (+10)] ON-HOLD
DeviantART• •[Honest critique] - 'Honesty is its own reward.'

Sexy Yuri
Regular

#33 Post by Sexy Yuri »

ShippoK wrote:I text feels very hard to read, especially sense it's so tiny.

Why not make it brighter or fix the transparent of the textbox.
This is a tempt textbox so I'm worried too much about fixing the transparency of it. Besides I don't know how. ^_^;; Might just look in the help section.

Anyways...

Just made the font size bigger but not too be for me though. P: Does this help out?

Nuxill
Veteran
Projects: No Friend
Tumblr: nuxill
itch: nuxill

#34 Post by Nuxill »

I think it needs more contrast. It probably would be good to make the speech font a little bit darker.

Sexy Yuri
Regular

#35 Post by Sexy Yuri »

Nuxill wrote:I think it needs more contrast. It probably would be good to make the speech font a little bit darker.
I'm not sure of more contrast though I did change the theme though. Yeah, I also made the text a bit darker.

I hope you guys can read this. P:

Sexy Yuri
Regular

#36 Post by Sexy Yuri »

Update- 5/1

As of right now, the writing for demo which introduce 7 of love interest is completed and going through proofread and music is coded in also. We are now taking care of voice acting of the script after the audition, of course. We have 3 characters that have voice actors/actresses and waiting on other 7. If you want to apply send me a pm. :mrgreen:

The demo will be done by the time we set up indiegogo page again to raise fun to get this completed. Don't worry, I will post the demo here if you just want to download on here. I really can't wait to show you guys what have been done. :) I will be posting voices on tumblr in coming weeks so stay tune.

That is all for right now. I will leave a picture of Nonami to entertain you.

Sexy Yuri
Regular

Re: Paradise Plus(GXG) Indiegogo (Demo inside)

#37 Post by Sexy Yuri »

I have finally upload the short demo. :) It's on the front page!

-snippet-
Last edited by Sexy Yuri on Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuxill
Veteran

#38 Post by Nuxill »

To be honest the pacing in the demo felt all over the place. Some scenes go by way too fast and others tend to go for a little too long. It might be good to have characters appear with a dissolve or slide in from the side instead of just appearing. Not every action has to have a transition, but it might make characters coming into the scene a little less jarring.

Also how common are scenes in which a student says they have gone to america and all of the other students get excited and swarm around them, and the class rep tries to settle them down and only succeeds by falling down and diverting attention? I ask because the scene played out almost exactly like it did in Homeward, and I'm not knowledgeable enough about anime tropes to know if this is a thing that happens a lot or not.

Sexy Yuri
Regular

#39 Post by Sexy Yuri »

Nuxill wrote:To be honest the pacing in the demo felt all over the place. Some scenes go by way too fast and others tend to go for a little too long. It might be good to have characters appear with a dissolve or slide in from the side instead of just appearing. Not every action has to have a transition, but it might make characters coming into the scene a little less jarring.

Also how common are scenes in which a student says they have gone to america and all of the other students get excited and swarm around them, and the class rep tries to settle them down and only succeeds by falling down and diverting attention? I ask because the scene played out almost exactly like it did in Homeward, and I'm not knowledgeable enough about anime tropes to know if this is a thing that happens a lot or not.
Sorry about that. ^-^;; I will do that next time. Hmm.. I see about the pacing. The short scenes are due to sprite shortage and stuff. Anyone with longer scenes have more sprites. If you are talking about Masa and Kotori scenes being a bit fast that is why. Maybe Ayu scene also.

Next demo I will try to trim down on long and add to the fast.

Actually that scene was influence/borrowed by Homeward when I first wrote the scene. Though, I think at least the curiosity would be there.

Thanks for playing!

Nuxill
Veteran

#40 Post by Nuxill »

Sexy Yuri wrote:
Nuxill wrote:To be honest the pacing in the demo felt all over the place. Some scenes go by way too fast and others tend to go for a little too long. It might be good to have characters appear with a dissolve or slide in from the side instead of just appearing. Not every action has to have a transition, but it might make characters coming into the scene a little less jarring.

Sorry about that. ^-^;; I will do that next time. Hmm.. I see about the pacing. The short scenes are due to sprite shortage and stuff. Anyone with longer scenes have more sprites. If you are talking about Masa and Kotori scenes being a bit fast that is why. Maybe Ayu scene also.

Actually that scene was influence/borrowed by Homeward when I first wrote the scene. Though, I think at least the curiosity would be there.

Thanks for playing!
I think you might want to push the scene away from Homeward a bit because it feels like a direct copy of it. Perhaps you could make it longer, or have the MC express feelings of discomfort or annoyance, something like that.

I think you could go more into how the main character is feeling in general. That might help the pacing a bit. Just because you don't have many sprites in one scene dosen't mean you have to end it quickly. Some scenes in Homeward were quite lengthy and there was only one sprite on the screen.

Sexy Yuri
Regular

#41 Post by Sexy Yuri »

Nuxill wrote:
Sexy Yuri wrote:

Thanks for playing!
I think you might want to push the scene away from Homeward a bit because it feels like a direct copy of it. Perhaps you could make it longer, or have the MC express feelings of discomfort or annoyance, something like that.

I think you could go more into how the main character is feeling in general. That might help the pacing a bit. Just because you don't have many sprites in one scene dosen't mean you have to end it quickly. Some scenes in Homeward were quite lengthy and there was only one sprite on the screen.
Yeah, I'm trying to now. :lol: I could do that but we will see. Yeah, it doesn't mean I have to end it quickly but for that purpose it did it's job. XD

cladinpink
Regular

#42 Post by cladinpink »

When I got the email saying there had been a new reply in this thread, I thought it was just another comment or, at best, a quick update. Finding out that you had actually released a demo was quite the surprise! And a very good surprise, at that!

I took a look at your page on Indiegogo, and it made me remember how much I actually want to see this game finished and playable. I'm just waiting for the demo to finish downloading (the file is huge!), and I'm pretty sure I'll end up contributing afterwards. I'm a poor student though, so I can't help out too much :/

Sexy Yuri
Regular

#43 Post by Sexy Yuri »

cladinpink wrote:When I got the email saying there had been a new reply in this thread, I thought it was just another comment or, at best, a quick update. Finding out that you had actually released a demo was quite the surprise! And a very good surprise, at that!

I took a look at your page on Indiegogo, and it made me remember how much I actually want to see this game finished and playable. I'm just waiting for the demo to finish downloading (the file is huge!), and I'm pretty sure I'll end up contributing afterwards. I'm a poor student though, so I can't help out too much :/
The best surprise ever! I hope you enjoy the game and not be put off with the homewardisqueness. I did try to make it my own while keeping what I like ^_^;;

The demo has a lot of picture files to achieve so that is why it's big... Might switch to jpg or something.

cladinpink
Regular

#44 Post by cladinpink »

Sexy Yuri wrote:
cladinpink wrote:When I got the email saying there had been a new reply in this thread, I thought it was just another comment or, at best, a quick update. Finding out that you had actually released a demo was quite the surprise! And a very good surprise, at that!

The best surprise ever! I hope you enjoy the game and not be put off with the homewardisqueness. I did try to make it my own while keeping what I like ^_^;;

The demo has a lot of picture files to achieve so that is why it's big... Might switch to jpg or something.
The best surprise there is when it comes to games in the making :D

I've actually never played Homeward, so I can't make any comments regarding its similarities. But in regard to the scene that Nuxill mentioned, the one where a student says he/she has been to America and is instantly swarmed by curious classmates, seems quite common in Japan. My assumption is only based on anime and manga though :P I've been an exchange student myself, though I exchanged to the United States, and they're not all that excited about exchange students unless you're talking with them one-on-one. At least that's my experience :wink:

wererat42
Regular

#45 Post by wererat42 »

Been playing through the demo, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. For the most part. The script still needs some editing work for instance they call Yui the 'class representation' instead of 'class representative'.

Also, there's something very awkward about mixing random Japanese words into English, especially in a game that is originally written in English and not a translation. For instance, when you're introducing Ayu, why don't you just use the word 'cute'? That's literally what 'kawaii' means in English. There's no need to leave it untranslated. We can all assume the characters are already speaking Japanese, which is being translated into English for the reader's benefit. Same thing goes with 'sensei'; in this context it really just means 'teacher'.