Without Your Half [Fantasy/Slice of Life]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
FlawedFlare
Regular
Projects: [Without Your Half],[ Underground], Unidentified Shallow Heart

Without Your Half [Fantasy/Slice of Life]

#1 Post by FlawedFlare »

"In order to live, you have to die, correct?"
Without Your Half
After a tragic accident, you find yourself in a dark place. There's only one way you can go; forward. The strange path leads you to an odd room, where the judges decide. A spinning wheel will decide your fate right then and there. On the wheel are the results of your afterlife. Will you go to heaven? Or hell? Perhaps you'll become a ghost? Or rather you'd just reincarnate? Who knows? To get to the results, you must spin the wheel.
You; the main hero. (Default name: Walter)
Dislikes working with other people, but does his best to be independent.
After living alone for some time, he often helps out his landlady in order for discounts on his bills. Not long ago, he used to live with his sister and mother.
Drell
MC's guardian to his after-life. She is cheerful and always ready to give a helping hand.
Not much is known about her (Probably because MC won't talk to her).
Elise Sammen: Your sister whom you've picked fights with. She excels in her studies, but is of poor health. Though MC fights with her, she makes it quite obvious that she loves him very much.

---------------------------
Screenshots:

--------------------------
Progress:
Story Outline: 85%
Art: 5%
Coding: 10%
Music: 0%

UPDATE (Feb.6.13):
Story Outline: 100%
Art: 10%?
Coding: 25%
Music: 0%

Features:
5 endings
Gallery (?)
Author's Notes
---------------------------
Sorry, I haven't gotten much done. I have sketches for the CGs in the intro, but I'm not sure whether or not if I should draw them, or recruit someone. So far in the Art category, I have Drell's sprites done. I have the intro down in the coding. Somewhat. C'mon procrastination, go away!
Attachments
screenshot0001.png
Last edited by FlawedFlare on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

Kessie
Regular

Re: Without Your Half [Fantasy/Slice of Life]

#2 Post by Kessie »

Hey, I am quite curious to what you have in store after reading the synopsis. :D
I can't tell right now how the title relates to the synopsis but I am curious nonetheless ^^;;.
Please go away procrastination! I want to see what this story is about xD.

FlawedFlare
Regular
Projects: [Without Your Half],[ Underground], Unidentified Shallow Heart

Re: Without Your Half [Fantasy/Slice of Life]

#3 Post by FlawedFlare »

Kessie wrote:Hey, I am quite curious to what you have in store after reading the synopsis. :D
I can't tell right now how the title relates to the synopsis but I am curious nonetheless ^^;;.
Please go away procrastination! I want to see what this story is about xD.
Thanks so much!! It was hard writing the synopsis without giving too much of the story away, so the title doesn't make too much sense at the moment. It'll probably make sense later in the story. Even though it makes the story seem like a love story, it's not. XD The procrastination is still there, but a little less. I've been caught up in school work that I barely even work on the story. It's gone down quite a bit, but I'm afraid I'll still be far from real progression. No deadlines, yay! V w V;;

2.14.13 Update:
---------------------
I've got some character concept arts done.

Here's a little more info on the main characters:

Drell:
She's cynical, though she looks very cheerful. Often making comments, it seems that she is uncaring and likes to cut to the chase. Drell often tease MC during a story and questions his past. However, she doesn't expect an answer as she moves on before he can even say anything.

MC (Walter):
Though he's anti-social and doesn't care for most people, he can be kind and has a good sense of moral. His temper seems to get to the best of him at times, which leads him to do irrational things. When it comes to smarts and sports, he's one of the better-than-average players. His favourite colours are black and white and he adores pandas.
Attachments
011.png
00b.png