Aloners [Post-Apocalyptic] [GxB] DEMO NOW AVAILABLE

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
sonnet009
Regular
Completed: Rei, Aloners
Projects: Wilder
Organization: sonnet009 games
Tumblr: sonnet009

Re: Aloners [VN] [Post-Apocalyptic] [GxB]

#16 Post by sonnet009 »

Wow, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts! It's really helpful, both practically and as a motivation-booster.
buttdumpling wrote:If you had just told me about the backgrounds being 'shopped photos, I would have been uneasy, but it actually looks nice! That filter/style (it looks like a modified filter, but i dont want to be rude to your artist) is especially hard to pull off, I'm impressed that it meshes so well with the art.
Ha ha! You can be as rude as you like about the edited backgrounds, because that's all me. And I'm under no illusion when it comes to my limited ability to slap a filter over something and jiggle it until it looks as not-terrible as possible.
buttdumpling wrote:why is Trash so clean? It's the apocalypse, but his white shirt is suspiciously clean & so is he. I'd like to see some grime under his nails, you know?
It's true, he does look very white and crisp in those screenshots. But I can promise that he won't always be looking so squeaky clean.
buttdumpling wrote:I don't want to battle monsters. Is there a way we can skip battles, or like, choose to be sneaky instead of fighting?
Don't worry. I think I've been too vague in my descriptions. There are no mini-games of any kind - this VN is pure text and menus. I should've been more specific: when I say "action" I mean it in a thematic sense, not a literal one. So there will be a lot of stuff going down, but it will all be delivered via dialogue and choices.

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#17 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

I love the idea to have total control over what you say, think, and do in a visual novel; some visual novels auto-dialogue make me feel as if I'm playing as someone else - someone who's not like me at all. The whole post-apocalyptic idea, while not new, is certainly interesting when used in an otome - or gxb - game. I can't wait to play this game; I'm sure it will be an exciting experience for me.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#18 Post by azureXtwilight »

Oh, hell yeah. The ability to date a guy with dreadlocks (I remember I went for Lucas in Venus' game since I don't like the others, haha). Anyways, looking good! I'm kinda hoping that it would have fancier GUI though, so it'll stand out more :D

Mimi_Melody
Veteran

#19 Post by Mimi_Melody »

Hey hey hey~ How's it going? Any new updates lately? I'm really looking forward to this game!

sonnet009
Regular

#20 Post by sonnet009 »

Mimi_Melody wrote:Hey hey hey~ How's it going? Any new updates lately? I'm really looking forward to this game!
Hey! :) Well, there will be a demo before the end of this month, so I'm just polishing that right now. Other than that, I'm just writing my butt off, so there's nothing new to share, really. Sorry to be so silent, but I just can't think of what to share with people that isn't spoilers.

Anyway, so, yeah. Demo later this month! Hope you enjoy it. :) Thanks for sticking around.

Rei - a supernatural high school romance (COMPLETE)
Aloners - a post-apocalyptic romance (COMPLETE)
Wilder - a forbidden fantasy romance (2017/2018)

Follow me on tumblr at sonnet009 or sonnet009games for updates.

Dangertyde
Regular
Projects: Anatidae

#21 Post by Dangertyde »

Dang, this seriously just looks so great. The fact that you intend to immerse us into this world, doubled with the fact that this world is post-apocalyptic really intrigues and excites me. The type of games I love most are the kind that allow many different choices along with their consequences and reactions. Based on your description, I believe it's safe to assume your VN will be like that. Does this also mean that there will be different endings based on what you do and say? I hope so...
Anyways, I'm looking forward to your steady progression!
Just gonna strategically place this over here...
Quack!
/CRASH
/hobbles away

omgitstay
Regular

#22 Post by omgitstay »

OMG. I can't wait for this.
This is really interesting&since I played Rei, I believe this will be a bigger success.
Really can't wait for the release, keep it up!:)

vividXP
Regular
Projects: "Almost There" (NanoReno '14)

#23 Post by vividXP »

I'm here for cute guy with locs. I'll be keeping an on this thread (and the tumblr).
vividxp.tumblr.com
Wọn ṣe bí òtòṣì ò gbọn bí ọlọrò; wón ní ì bá gbón ì bá lówó lọwọ / People think the poor person lacks the wisdom the wealthy person has; they say if one had wisdom, one would be rich

silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

#24 Post by silverpikachu99 »

I'd like to say, that the art is sooo good!! I love the character with the dreads~~ I can't wait for this to come out :) Good luck!!
i'll cry if you yell at me

Mimi_Melody
Veteran

#25 Post by Mimi_Melody »

Oh...100%? That's some good progress. Though the script doesn't seem to be going well huh? Good luck with the game and I hope it'll be released soon :D

sonnet009
Regular

#26 Post by sonnet009 »

Mimi_Melody wrote:Oh...100%? That's some good progress. Though the script doesn't seem to be going well huh? Good luck with the game and I hope it'll be released soon :D
Well, to be honest, those percentages aren't really accurate anymore. All the artwork and the story is finished, but the script is further along than 7% -- I just haven't got around to working out the new percentage. Plus I'm doing a decent amount of the coding alongside the writing, so that's further along than 0% too. I'll update the main post once I've worked it all out, but for now I'm trying to concentrate on the writing itself.

Thanks for the encouragement! It means a lot. :)

Rei - a supernatural high school romance (COMPLETE)
Aloners - a post-apocalyptic romance (COMPLETE)
Wilder - a forbidden fantasy romance (2017/2018)

Follow me on tumblr at sonnet009 or sonnet009games for updates.

Maegalkarven
Regular

#27 Post by Maegalkarven »

Wow! I'm looking forward to se this game completed!*o* This vn looks so cool! Good luck with it)
As soon as it will completed, i will enjoy it!))

Ezri

#28 Post by Ezri »

This looks awesome! I'll be looking forward to the release~ Good luck!

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#29 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Post-apocalyptic = win. And the experience you've described for the game sounds really fun! I look forward to the finished product~
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: ALLBLACK Phase 1, Heart's Blight, Last Rx., EDDA Cafe, Kohana, Half Moon
Projects: ALLBLACK Phase 2
Organization: VN Project Indonesia
Deviantart: SECONDARY-TARGET
itch: NSAID
Discord: 3,4-Methylendioxymethamphetamine#4886

#30 Post by tiya_nofurita »

The story is interesting, the sprites and background is well drawn. but I think you need some work on GUI ?
Webtoon

"For what reason I live?"

---
Completed project:

"What will you see when you are dead?"

MY VISUAL NOVEL