Aloners [Post-Apocalyptic] [GxB] DEMO NOW AVAILABLE

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

Re: Aloners [Post-Apocalyptic] [GxB] DEMO NOW AVAILABLE

#46 Post by Hazel-Bun »

*sobs violently into hands* That's why I always tell myself to never play demos. It always makes me want the real deal all the more! Great job so far. Aside from the... awkward music placement at times and the occasional run-on, this game is great!
I especially liked the part when Trash left the note for you. That was so hilarious, man. Finally, a guy who's spelling is worse than mine ;o;
Can't wait for the full release!
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

sonnet009
Regular
Completed: Rei, Aloners
Projects: Wilder
Organization: sonnet009 games
Tumblr: sonnet009

#47 Post by sonnet009 »

Ant-san wrote:I've played the demo and I love it >w<
The part where Trash left the note was adorable ^w^ I was like... Awww you almost spelled breakfast right XD
Aww, I'm so glad you mentioned that!
It's like he started writing out writing B-R-E-A-K... and then he looked at it was like, "Ugh. Idiot. That doesn't look right at all."
Ant-san wrote:Though maybe you could give the character's name a different color? Cause both of them being white somewhat confused me on who's talking at some point :lol: then again, maybe that's just me >_<
Hmmm. Good point. I'll see to that. :)
bellice wrote:You know, male characters usually have a hard time scoring points with me, but I really really like Trash.
And it's awesome that I can shape the main character as I like. The usual otome heroines are simply...not me and I can't empathize with them. I don't like shopping or cute things and I don't turn into a stuttering, blushing mess whenever my oh so cute senpai stops by.
I also love that Trash is a man of colour. I'm so sick of getting nothing but pasty white boys to romance.

So yeah, good job!
The whole game hinges on two things -- that Trash is a compelling character, and that players feel they can shape the protagonist as they want. So I'm so happy to hear you say something like that! :D
Hazel-Bun wrote:Aside from the... awkward music placement at times and the occasional run-on, this game is great!
Yeah, I suck at the music side of things, it's true. I'm just gonna have to rely on the beta-testers to help me out on that one!
Hazel-Bun wrote:
I especially liked the part when Trash left the note for you. That was so hilarious, man. Finally, a guy who's spelling is worse than mine ;o;
Heehee! Well, it's not too bad for a guy who never went to school, I suppose.

Rei - a supernatural high school romance (COMPLETE)
Aloners - a post-apocalyptic romance (COMPLETE)
Wilder - a forbidden fantasy romance (2017/2018)

Follow me on tumblr at sonnet009 or sonnet009games for updates.

Boniae
Regular
Completed: I want 2 be single and Forget-Me-Not
Projects: Cry Girlhood, Dakota Wanderers, Sagebrush
Organization: Rosewater Games
Tumblr: boniae

#48 Post by Boniae »

Aaaaahhh oh man, I was anticipating the demo of this and I'm glad I played it! I really love the way the game is written, plus it's so intriguing that I can't wait to find out more about the setting and how the main character ended up at Trash's place. And maybe learning a little bit about Trash too, which may not be happy memories but, I'm still curious. :)

The choices in the game give you freedom and it's fun figuring out what you're gonna say. LOL, I also really like Trash, his personality is awesome and his character was really fleshed out. (Dreadlocks and tanned skin are a huge plus for me hHAHA HOT)

The music comes on at awkward times, but I didn't care because I liked the music choice. The filtered photos get the visual across very well, but they kind of look grainy. That's my own personal opinion but I doubt it'd be such a big deal. I like the unique art style too! It's nice that Trash has several poses and expressions.

Wow, overall the demo really got me going. I'm so excited for the full game! :mrgreen:

(Kind of random, but I think this is the first post apocalyptic otome game I've ever seen?? I don't actually play very many but I'm really happy because post apocalyptic stuff is my favorite setting. ;u; )

Campbell

#49 Post by Campbell »

the demo was great! can't wait to play it through ; v ;

sonnet009
Regular

#50 Post by sonnet009 »

Boniae wrote:Aaaaahhh oh man, I was anticipating the demo of this and I'm glad I played it! I really love the way the game is written, plus it's so intriguing that I can't wait to find out more about the setting and how the main character ended up at Trash's place. And maybe learning a little bit about Trash too, which may not be happy memories but, I'm still curious. :)

The choices in the game give you freedom and it's fun figuring out what you're gonna say. LOL, I also really like Trash, his personality is awesome and his character was really fleshed out. (Dreadlocks and tanned skin are a huge plus for me hHAHA HOT)

The music comes on at awkward times, but I didn't care because I liked the music choice. The filtered photos get the visual across very well, but they kind of look grainy. That's my own personal opinion but I doubt it'd be such a big deal. I like the unique art style too! It's nice that Trash has several poses and expressions.

Wow, overall the demo really got me going. I'm so excited for the full game! :mrgreen:

(Kind of random, but I think this is the first post apocalyptic otome game I've ever seen?? I don't actually play very many but I'm really happy because post apocalyptic stuff is my favorite setting. ;u; )
First of all, I'm really glad that the choices and characters are working for you. I seriously can't wait for people to be able to learn more about Trash! Even if, like you said, it's not all happy stuff.

As for the music, I admit that I'm not good at judging where it's needed. I'm going to have to rely on the beta-testers to tell me what works best on that front. Heh.

The backgrounds are about as good as I can get them, so hopefully they don't detract too much from the experience for you. It's a shame, but... I've pretty much hit my limit, funding-wise.

Thanks for playing, and for sharing your thoughts! And, now you mention it, I don't think I've ever played a post-apocalyptic otome game. Which is a shame, because I'd love to!
Campbell wrote:the demo was great! can't wait to play it through ; v ;
That's great! :) I'm so glad.

silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

#51 Post by silverpikachu99 »

Hey~!! I loved the demo! I have a question btw- is Trash suppose to be jamaican/dominican? I just thought since there was a reggae feel to the music. Anyway~~~ I'm super excited for the full game to come out! Good Luck to you :)
i'll cry if you yell at me

sonnet009
Regular

#52 Post by sonnet009 »

silverpikachu99 wrote:Hey~!! I loved the demo! I have a question btw- is Trash suppose to be jamaican/dominican? I just thought since there was a reggae feel to the music. Anyway~~~ I'm super excited for the full game to come out! Good Luck to you :)
Thanks for playing the demo -- I'm glad it got you excited. :)

As for Trash's heritage... mm. Well, I can't go into specifics, since anything to do with his past or where he came from is spoiler territory. But I can say that his racial make-up is very mixed -- and there is a little Jamaican in there. Ultimately, though, he is a child of the Dust Bowl, and his ancestors' race and/or culture has very little to do with him.

nipaa_kazuma
Regular

#53 Post by nipaa_kazuma »

I writing this right after playing the demo. (well at least 10 times)
So it's possible that I'm in totally crazy mode =3.

I only saw yesterday the release of the demo and I was so excited !
Your work is actually the one I wait the most since many months.
I already liked what you manage to do with Rei but here ! HERE !
In my opinion you really did a great job, and it's only a little part of the game !

I like Trash, I like the post-apocalyptic theme for a GxB,
I like to choose how the heroin will be.
For one time, I can wait for the release, because I really think it will be worth it.

So basically, congratulations please continue like this =D.

sonnet009
Regular

#54 Post by sonnet009 »

nipaa_kazuma wrote:I writing this right after playing the demo. (well at least 10 times)
So it's possible that I'm in totally crazy mode =3.

I only saw yesterday the release of the demo and I was so excited !
Your work is actually the one I wait the most since many months.
I already liked what you manage to do with Rei but here ! HERE !
In my opinion you really did a great job, and it's only a little part of the game !

I like Trash, I like the post-apocalyptic theme for a GxB,
I like to choose how the heroin will be.
For one time, I can wait for the release, because I really think it will be worth it.

So basically, congratulations please continue like this =D.
Yay! I'm really glad you enjoyed the demo, especially if you've been waiting for it. :) Uh... please continue to wait for the final thing! heh heh.

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#55 Post by 15385bic »

i've spent the past few weeks resiting the urge to download and play that demo >_>'
but considering i have very little resistance to that devil on my shoulder - i caved ._.

have not stopped smiling at my choices yet~
really enjoying the writing and the art =]

look forward to the final version

sonnet009
Regular

#56 Post by sonnet009 »

15385bic wrote:i've spent the past few weeks resiting the urge to download and play that demo >_>'
but considering i have very little resistance to that devil on my shoulder - i caved ._.

have not stopped smiling at my choices yet~
really enjoying the writing and the art =]

look forward to the final version
Aw, I'm glad! (And I, too, have problems with that devil on my shoulder :P) I'm really happy that you liked what was shown in the demo. :) Stay tuned!

Kyra10
Regular
Projects: My Heart's Flame
Organization: Amaraluna: Otome Game Productions

#57 Post by Kyra10 »

Hello~
Your other game was awesome, and I'm excited for this one as well!
Good luck! ^^

puzzlepanda
Tumblr: puzzlepanda

#58 Post by puzzlepanda »

I NEED this game in my life. I love the demo, Trash immediately invaded my heart. He's so pretty and I love the way he talks. X3 I also really like all the choices you can make, and building your own personality and the way you interact with him. I usually burn through VNs pretty fast, but I feel like I'll replay this one many times.

sonnet009
Regular

#59 Post by sonnet009 »

Kyra10 wrote:Hello~
Your other game was awesome, and I'm excited for this one as well!
Good luck! ^^
Thank you very much! :D
puzzlepanda wrote:I NEED this game in my life. I love the demo, Trash immediately invaded my heart. He's so pretty and I love the way he talks. X3 I also really like all the choices you can make, and building your own personality and the way you interact with him. I usually burn through VNs pretty fast, but I feel like I'll replay this one many times.
Ooh, that's great! My aim is to give the game some replayability with the option to play different kinds of heroine. I'm so glad you liked the demo, and Trash. :)

erikoillustrations
Regular
Projects: Siren's Plea | Fortune Cookie | GILDA
Organization: Pineapple Harem
Tumblr: erikoillustrations

#60 Post by erikoillustrations »

Oh my god! I can't wait until the whole game is released! Downloaded and played the demo and I must say, I've liked what I've seen so far! Many luck to you! <3
Current Project: Siren's Plea | Fortune Cookie
[Art Commission Status: OPEN]