Memories of Summer Winds [BxG] [Romance][Tragedy][Dem Feels]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

Re: Memories of Summer Winds [GUI + QUESTIONS PG-5]

#76 Post by Kato »

Alternatively, having the box stretch over the whole length and just increasing the padding inside seems to look better. I would love to hear peoples preference over the above GUI or below!

Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

desulishor
Regular
Completed: Project Dualis, Of Valkyries and Life
Projects: Project Scribble [on hiatus] Project Aivisu (WIP) Seven Seasons (WIP)

#77 Post by desulishor »

I've probably posted here before as well, but since there's questions added:

I'd love to see a game with a time skip in the plot. In your average dating sim, the time-span is a tiny slice, so actually seeing the same characters grow and develop within the story is interesting.

Quite interested, when I think back to playing Katawa Shoujo, I did enjoy (if that's the right word) reading about the various disabilities and how they affected the lives of the charas. It's something you don't think about every day, but then again, painful experiences of all sorts can be related to, even if the context is different.

Definitely, same as upper.

Nothing in particular comes to mind, I just want to see this game go to places.

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran

#78 Post by Kato »

desulishor wrote:I've probably posted here before as well, but since there's questions added:

I'd love to see a game with a time skip in the plot. In your average dating sim, the time-span is a tiny slice, so actually seeing the same characters grow and develop within the story is interesting.

Quite interested, when I think back to playing Katawa Shoujo, I did enjoy (if that's the right word) reading about the various disabilities and how they affected the lives of the charas. It's something you don't think about every day, but then again, painful experiences of all sorts can be related to, even if the context is different.

Definitely, same as upper.

Nothing in particular comes to mind, I just want to see this game go to places.
:) Thank you for the feedback, we really appreciate it!

We've written and rewritten the pre-skip routes over and over again making sure the amount of character development is spot on for when it jumps to the future stories and we get to see how everybodies stories contrast with their life in the past. The events in the 3 year gap are presented to Kenta and for the most part form the basis of the routes to follow so there is plenty of opportunity to explore how each character has grown and developed.
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

ShojiAmasawa
Veteran
Completed: EVOLVEd: Echoes Of The Codex War, [ASH] the Seeds of Destruction
Projects: Cult of the Lily (18+)
Organization: PaperDoor Studios
Tumblr: paperdoorstudios
Deviantart: ShojiAmasawa
Soundcloud: Greyberry

#79 Post by ShojiAmasawa »

I have to agree with Desulishor. To me, almost anything new is a good thing. Time-skips are not used often, and the way you have it planned out is very admirable.

Oh, I like the first text box the most, but I think I might be a little late on the input. Sorry :(

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran

#80 Post by Kato »

ShojiAmasawa wrote:I have to agree with Desulishor. To me, almost anything new is a good thing. Time-skips are not used often, and the way you have it planned out is very admirable.

Oh, I like the first text box the most, but I think I might be a little late on the input. Sorry :(
It's never too late for input :lol:

I've always loved the idea of time skips and I really want to incorporate different ways into a series of games. I'm just glad I managed to find a writer who really is doing the idea justice. Thanks so much for the feedback! :D
Image Image

Lachez
Regular
Projects: Nakajo

#81 Post by Lachez »

Have I been gone for a while, or did you get a new logo?!

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran

#82 Post by Kato »

Lachez wrote:Have I been gone for a while, or did you get a new logo?!
:lol: We may have started trialling new logos these last couple weeks, haha.
Image Image

Lachez
Regular
Projects: Nakajo

#83 Post by Lachez »

I like it! The font and colors blend very well! Im also digging the gui, its very simple and seems to match the type of coloring on badriel's background perfectly with it's cool feel.

Ive got nothing too much to add for feedback with the story. Im really excited to see how you'll execute this time skip.

Youre making great progress! Cant wait to see the first build :D

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran

#84 Post by Kato »

Lachez wrote:I like it! The font and colors blend very well! Im also digging the gui, its very simple and seems to match the type of coloring on badriel's background perfectly with it's cool feel.

Ive got nothing too much to add for feedback with the story. Im really excited to see how you'll execute this time skip.

Youre making great progress! Cant wait to see the first build :D
Badriel made the GUI as well as the backgrounds so they suit each other better than I could have hoped :lol: Thank you for the kind words and showing interest! :D
Image Image

Nuxill
Veteran
Projects: No Friend
Tumblr: nuxill
itch: nuxill

#85 Post by Nuxill »

The logo looks nice but it also doesnt feel like it fits with the rest of the game... I'm pretty sure its because of the color scheme. The backgrounds and GUI are pastels while the font is made with bolder colors.

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

#86 Post by Fenrir34 »

Lot of good games coming out soon and this is one of them. I like how you made the main character. I'm wonder if he's going to funny since he has the lazy personality? Anyway I've always loved the school romance sim stories. Some of the best VN's out there. Good luck :)

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran

#87 Post by Kato »

Fenrir34 wrote:I like how you made the main character. I'm wonder if he's going to funny since he has the lazy personality?
I don't know if it's purely due to the absolute awe I have in Christo's writing, but I've found myself out of breath laughing multiple times with how Kenta has been portrayed.

We've steered well clear of leaving the reader to self impose their own personality, and have instead quite a strong character in ol' Kenta.
Nuxill wrote:The logo looks nice but it also doesnt feel like it fits with the rest of the game.
You're absolutely spot on! We've since had a title screen mock-up made to suit the GUI and the logo doesn't fit the style at all, even if it does look fantastic by itself :lol:. Once we have finished the final title screen, we'll look back into reworking the logo so it suits the games atmosphere.

Like always, we appreciate the feedback! :)
Image Image

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran

#88 Post by Kato »

We've had this one under our belt for quite some time now but want to share it with you all a bit early as thanks for all the support we've had so far! We've slowly but surely been building a 100% original soundtrack for Memories of Summer Winds and with composing by Michael Chait and Vocals by the fantastic Mitsuki Nakae we are finally releasing the first track that will feature on the OST, 'Me & You' (Japanese Version).

There are a number of versions of this song we will be releasing down the track, including both Japanese and English versions, however at this stage we are releasing the main japanese version by Mitsuki Nakae (link here) and a karaoke version that will also be appearing in-game by Sayuri Maebara (link here).

As always we appreciate any feedback, either here or on the video itself, and hope you all enjoy the song. Once again, a big thank you to all the support we have received from you all so far!
Last edited by Kato on Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
Image Image

latte
Regular
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds, untitled KN

Re: Memories of Summer Winds [NEW OST TRACK PG-6]

#89 Post by latte »

As the one who gave the crazy idea of working with an indie Japanese singer and talked to her during a long process, I'm ecstatic to finally be able to share it with you all. Nakae, best known as Mitsuki of Shoujo Byou, has sung for anime OSTs like Seikon no Quaser II (ED 1 - Metaphor) and Katanagatari (ED 2 - refulgence), and worked with companies such as Square Enix and Visual Art's (Key's parent company). Needless to say I was in the clouds when she agreed to working with us, and even more when the song got ready, so please have a listen picturing Miyu!

Sayuri, who did the opening for fellow developer Coren's Crimson Rafflesia, is doing an wonderful job as Hitomi's singing voice, so don't miss her version as well. We're working on many more things right now but hopefully the songs will get you hyped!

Talann
Regular
Projects: Shooting Stars, REBORN

Re: Memories of Summer Winds [NEW OST TRACK PG-6]

#90 Post by Talann »

~Le me stalking this thread like a mad woman.