Memories of Summer Winds [BxG] [Romance][Tragedy][Dem Feels]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Mithfalath
Projects: Currently writing a light novel

Re: Memories of Summer Winds [BxG][Romance][Drama][Tragedy]

#61 Post by Mithfalath »

Kato wrote:Had to google the name but yeah, I've watching Rumbling Hearts a few times (was actually my first ever box-set purchase). I hadn't made the comparison between the two but, in addition to learning about what happened in the four years a bit like RH, it follows what the life of the comatose person is like after they come out of it, which would be where the parallels end between the two I'm afraid, assuming that's what you were going to point out anyway XD XD
Yes, that would be it. I actually enjoyed that one as I cannot even begin to imagine a world that has passed you by! Will be eyeing on this and I'm sure you all had fun making this, which is the point right?. ;)

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

Re: Memories of Summer Winds [BxG][Romance][Drama][Tragedy]

#62 Post by Kato »

New update in Satoko + links to character cards in the first post if you are interested in learning more about our characters!

Satoko is one half of the schools power couple with Daisuke and, much to the displeasure of Takara, is the new athletic prodigy.

Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

pickle131
Veteran
Tumblr: pickle131

Re: Memories of Summer Winds [Romance][Tragedy]

#63 Post by pickle131 »

I'm really loving the art in this so far!
Sayuri [ freelance actress / singer / fangirl & stuff]

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran

#64 Post by Kato »

pickle131 wrote:I'm really loving the art in this so far!
Thank you, thank you! The concept art is just finishing up now (we left the MC till last) so hopefully we will have some sprites to show you all soon! Our artist, Kanin, is pretty amazing so hopefully you'll check back in when the sprites start going up. :)
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran

#65 Post by Kato »

Bumping with the younger concept of our grand hero 'Kenta' :D Only one more concept to go and then we can tie a bow around the main character concepts :)

Image Image

otomegirl24
Regular
Projects: Kiss & Tell [WIP]

#66 Post by otomegirl24 »

I REALLY like the summary of this game, characters & artwork. The summary sort of reminds me of that anime/game Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien. I digress, I think I'll enjoy this game once it's finished. ^-^

kuri_chii
Regular
Completed: RHWIMY beta 1.0
Projects: Right here where I met you, Love Snatch, Monarchy High
Organization: VND - AWA
IRC Nick: Kuri
Deviantart: franzzzz002

#67 Post by kuri_chii »

Wow! cant wait for that :D
The best way showing your feelings is to write Novel Stories :3
DeviantArt | Monarchy High | RHWIMY | Love Snatch

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran

#68 Post by Kato »

otomegirl24 wrote:I REALLY like the summary of this game, characters & artwork. The summary sort of reminds me of that anime/game Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien. I digress, I think I'll enjoy this game once it's finished. ^-^
Haha, we've had that comparison a bit recently :p

Anyhow! We've made it to the end-point for the concepts with the final concept of our young hero Kenta:

EDIT: Updated progress bar on front post.
Image Image

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran

#69 Post by Kato »

Character concepts are done! Sprites are on their way! *Streamers and balloons and party whistles!* :D

In light of this, I figured we could show you one of the 'extra content art' the fantastic Coren Baili has been making for us :P Hope you all like it! :D

Image Image

ROCKYIII
Regular

Re: Memories of Summer Winds [BONUS CG SAMPLE PG-5]

#70 Post by ROCKYIII »

Looks awesome!

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran

#71 Post by Kato »

It's been awhile since we've updated so before we start throwing all the cool stuff we've been working on, I figured I would give you all a treat! :D Here's some concept sketches of a more 'casual' appearance to our wonderful girls, thanks to the always fabulous hand of Kanin. :)

The writing is starting to pick up a good steady pace now and we are sorting out some finicky bits (this darn GUI, grrrah) so hopefully we should be able to have some screenshots for you all before too long, so watch out for them!

Also a big thank you to everyone showing us your support, here or otherwise. The team lights up with every positive comment that comes through to us and it really is appreciated. Thank you!
Image Image

Giovedi
Regular

#72 Post by Giovedi »

Dang, they're cute. Keep it up!

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran

#73 Post by Kato »

Gosh, it's been so long since we posted an update, but here we go!

Things have been moving along fantastically. The script for our demo is 90% done and we have been working a number of fantastic composers and singers working on a soundtrack to accompany the game. Already we have over a dozen tracks with a number of them fully vocalised.

Graphically, the biggest update we have is the completion of our GUI. Thanks to the always fantastic Badriel, we now have a fully functioning GUI ready to go with great transitions and other effects!

We've spent a lot of time planning to make the game different from a generic 'high school setting' visual novel, though we would still love to hear any suggestions on what you would like to see done different in games like this and would love your feedback if you have the time!

Specifically:

• How do you feel about the 'Time Skip' element in the story?

• How interested are you in the daily troubles of an ex-comatose patient?

• Would you be interested in particular routes that involve quite heavy psychological themes?

• Is there something different you have seen, or would like to see, in school based VNs?

Last edited by Kato on Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

Re: Memories of Summer Winds [GUI + QUESTIONS PG-5]

#74 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

While I like the design of the GUI, the line length is waaaaaay too long. You want to keep it to about an average of 12 words per line or 50-60 characters per line including spaces. Any shorter and the sentences become choppy and annoying to read. Any longer and it becomes very difficult for people to track with their eyes, especially onscreen, which will make it very tiring for them. Since reading is such a heavy focus in VNs, it's very important that it is comfortable to read for long periods of time. Just because you have a widescreen resolution doesn't mean you have to use that entire space. Try centering the design and adding padding to either side to create a shorter length.

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Memories of Summer Winds [GUI + QUESTIONS PG-5]

#75 Post by Kato »

I've amended the post with a resized text box. (I haven't applied fading on the side yet.)

Looking at it now I agree that it would be a bit strainful to read across the full length. Thank you for the feedback! :)
Image Image