Era of Monsters [GxB][Fantasy, Romance, Comedy][Demo]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ValeriaGray

Re: Era of Monsters [GxB][Fantasy, Romance, Comedy][Demo]

#211 Post by ValeriaGray »

I'm still watching for it and I'll be super happy when it's completed! :) good job sticking with it and still working on it all this time!!!

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#212 Post by try10 »

Thank You so much for the update. This is one of the games I'm looking forward to play when it's released. I wish You luck with everything You do! :D

Sora-Kuroi
Regular

#213 Post by Sora-Kuroi »

Thanks a lot for working on it! I really liked the demo and I would love to see it finished!! I really really like this game! Hopefully we'll get more updates soon! ^^

nosoclever

#214 Post by nosoclever »

Wow! i remember i played the demo some time ago, glad the project is still alive
Your game is awesome, there are not enough fantasy otome games, the story characters (they are really interesting love them all)and the art attracted me a lot. Also the plus of a more mature otome games is awesome! <3
i love when games have custom art, and not those generic artstyle of phone otomes XD. Yes i played this before but i was lazy to create an account 4 comment here,i apologize for my laziness
Hope you finish this ;O; you have all my support i'll be waiting for this to game.
warning bad english :v

Ina

#215 Post by Ina »

N/A
Last edited by Ina on Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GreyLadyHelenaR
Regular

#216 Post by GreyLadyHelenaR »

*A strong-willed female protagonist
*The chance to romance eight male magical creatures
*The full game will have two versions: one will include sexual content, and other one won`t.
I could build an altar and worship you right now. This is all I've ever wanted in a visual novel, and the art is so pretty I could cry! Take all the time you need, I'll wait as long as it takes to play this masterpiece!

sakurakimuchi
Regular

#217 Post by sakurakimuchi »

I loved all the female characters! Thank god, finally a game with good strong gals! But of course, the boys are all interesting as well.
Good luck with this game! :D

Merula O
Regular
Projects: Era of Monsters

#218 Post by Merula O »

Ah, getting replies from people who showed support about a year ago now is really heartwarming! I'm not joking. It's really nice. Thank you guys. I hope I won't disappoint you.

Nosoclever, thank you for coming out! It's never too late. I registered here after a year of lurking because one game was awesome. Fantasy is awesome, right? Mature stuff, too... That's what happens when you're a baby in your heart and an adult lady outside :oops: I'm ok with it as I'm not alone.

Ina, thank you! I'll try my best.
Ina wrote:I love the expression of the poor innocent Riki ^^; though it'll be fun if Neyris has to work out her promise...hehe >:D
When it's his route the question is not 'if' but 'when' :wink: otome games are not about babysitting a guy, they are about screwing him. That' one of little wisdoms a person who has played tons of them can share. The mission is to keep guys true to their personalities. It's the rule for any writing, though.

GreyLadyHelenaR, oh yeah I'm becoming a cult! That's what any girl is dreaming about. Haha, thank you. I hope the final result won't disappoint you.

Sakurakimuchi, thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the characters. Well, I just happened to find proactive and pushy girls funnier to built a dialogue with. Yammy conflicts they can provoke makes it even better.

I've programmed and made art for half of Drake's route to this point. We're moving somewhere, guys!
I'll show something of him next time (maybe), as now I got a pretty picture from my friend Asya.
Isn't it pretty?
Isn't it pretty?

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#219 Post by try10 »

Thank for the update! I'm happy that you are still working on this wonderful project! :DThis made my day!

selenity136
Regular

#220 Post by selenity136 »

Can you tell us the progress in stats please? I've been trying to figure out how far you are in the game and was wondering if it's for both versions or only one. :( This is my first time in this thread but so far I like the concept :D .

Merula O
Regular
Projects: Era of Monsters

#221 Post by Merula O »

Selenity136,
Ok, I'll try to gather up stats here.

Writing: 85%, eight out of nine routes are written.
Editing: 33%, three out of nine routes are edited.
Scripting: 20%, one route is complete, Drake's one is being worked on right at the moment. Freynir's route is in game, it works, but lacks art.

Art:
BG: 72%
CG: 100% common path, 17% in routes.
Characters' sprites: 87%, all important characters are drawn, variations in clothing, too. Only rarely appearing characters are left.
Interface design: 100%

Basically, scripting and art takes most of the time.

Ah, about two versions. I'm sorry if I gave a poor explanation of the plans. The only difference is either erotic scenes are shown or it's a 'fade-to-black' situation. There won't be anything else cut out or added. Same characters, same stories, the same game.

Actually, now there's a +18 game in the Completed Games, right? If putting a button 'show erotic content/hide it/censor it' gives this privilege I'll just go this way without bothering with two separated versions. Well, still too early to think about that. Drawings, drawings...
A game is not otome enough if you don't have a scene with a lady toppling a hunk
A game is not otome enough if you don't have a scene with a lady toppling a hunk

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#222 Post by try10 »

YAY! Another update! XD I can't wait for the release! :D Even if it takes a bit of time to be finished, this is one of the games I REALLY want to play!
Thank you! :)

Ina

#223 Post by Ina »

N/A
Last edited by Ina on Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arkhane
Regular

#224 Post by Arkhane »

Hello :)
Just tried out this demo and woah! I really liked it !!

1) The story is interesting, the world is wide with a vast variety of beeings and that's terribly exiting !!!!

2) The protagonist : She's strong but yet a bit naive, cute and vulnerable. It's so sweet :3

3) Males :
3.1) Drake : At first I wasn't interested at all in this one. Too nice for his own good, but it might feel refreshing to have a prince on white horse to take care of her.
So why not trying this one out. No! The last picture released on the forum didn't help to have a second thought about him ... :roll:
NB : The red string, on his shirt, seems strange. It just feels misplaced, as if it's something which isn't part of his clothes.

3.2) Malik : Not interested in this one right now. way too timid. But if he can be somewhat strong or "heroic" or else when he needs to be, it can be something worth trying.
(even more if we can see his eyes)

3.3) Theo : Interesting, a proud mecha with no interest in magic in a magician world, just wanna know the story behing it. And yeah THIS scene is just awesome, way to cute this little slave!

3.4) Riki : Alien! Something strange, cute, vulnerable and dangerous. A strange mix :3
NB : The way he hold his hand on his scraf while tilting his head doesn't feel natural

3.5) Freynir : I'm hesitant about this one. He really is appealing but he's way too cold with Ney. I really hope he could be more than civil to her.
If not I don't see a reason for her to try to get close to him. Really looking forward to try his path to see how you managed it!

3.6) Kuon : Indeed interesting. Looking for his path and how this strict disciplined man can make rooms for a woman which is "unnecessary" thing
NB : his eyepatch too big and plain, maybe some seam would had the missing thing ^^

3.7) Till : So sweet and sarcastic... :3

3.8 ) ??? : Mysterious indeed, I have great expectation for this guy :P

4) Art : I liked it and especially the eyes
5) Music : not really listening sowwy :$

5) More :
Maybe you could implement the drawing of Ney's grand parents when she talks about them, it's a good one, so too bad if it's not used

I'm really eager to play this game, even if it's not finished. So curious about some of those guys !!!! <3
Wanna play, Wanna play, Wanna play, Wanna play, Wanna play :cry:

Thank you for your hard work :3

selenity136
Regular

#225 Post by selenity136 »

Thanks for the update! I enjoy the MC since it's not often you get to play someone who is selfish, full of herself and sassy. Though I'm sure she must have a vulnerable side as well. I wish you the best of luck with this game! :D