Fallen Cross(cancelled)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
XDarkinfinityX
Completed: None
Projects: Demon {-} , Mini Maiden.
IRC Nick: Very Inanimate Object

Fallen Cross(cancelled)

#1 Post by XDarkinfinityX »

The Plot of this story is dating sim-esque, having various people of which you can build relationships with, and where they affect the ending.( I wanna request some help with that kind of thing as well.) You are the main character, generally unnamed, and you have just started high school with your friend Shino. This is just the begining of the game, it is going to get much better (Hopefully) I would also appreciate some ideas, I have my own but, Its Always good to have anothers assistance. It will probably include semi-supernatural beings like ghosts, but that idea may be scrapped entirely if it doesn`t quite fit in. The Good and Bad ending of this are just personal markers, so I know where I left with the story, but In-Game events will be determined in ways similar to that.
This is the current Credit, for the resources I have used.
mugenjohncel- LemmaSoft Forums
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/member ... file&u=372
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 52&t=17302 Background
Home, evening, morning, night. Library. rooftop
mirelle- LemmaSoft Forums
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 2&t=18896- Character Spirtes, Shino(freeset_evelyn)
Zylinder- Lemmasoft Forums
Screenshot background, train scene bgs
Ren`py Engine.
Attachments
Just a generic screen shot
Just a generic screen shot
Last edited by XDarkinfinityX on Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kessie
Regular

Re: Fallen Cross

#2 Post by Kessie »

I'm sort of wondering how the title relates to the plot so i'll be waiting on more details but the screenshot looks great art wise. :D
However it does feel a little weird that the sprite is that big and seemingly standing on the train tracks.. though the character sprite art does suit the background style.
But I'll wait on further details to clarify the plot to be able to understand the project better. :)

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

#3 Post by Kato »

Have you anything planned to set this apart from every 'high school dating sim' out there? My curiosity peaked when you mentioned super natural elements but it would probably be best to sit down for a while and find out how it will all be implemented. Will there be a need for ghosts and things? Or are they just a side plot? Will there be 'x' amount of days to complete the game or is it a novel with paths?

It seems at this point the post would belong in the 'Ideas' section for now, but I look forward to seeing more detail on this! There's not enough supernatural bxg games around imo!
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

XDarkinfinityX

Fallen Cross -UPDATE-

#4 Post by XDarkinfinityX »

I have settled a little bit more on the topic of this game.
After starting high school with your best friend, Shino, you will discover opposing forces and maybe join one. You will gain bonds with certain people and fulfill certain quests for others. You will fight either good or bad and will seek to find the truth, forcing yourself from the path of regular life.

I have decided a little more on the cast, I have a small list of characters and locations. I am also in need of an artist, composer, and maybe someone to help me with coding(I`m kind of a beginner)

Yes, there will be a limited number of days( Albeit a very large number tho) but events will only occur on specific days, or after going to the correct location.

leon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Visual Novel Tycoon, Night at the Hospital, Time Labyrinth, The Buried Moon, Left of Center, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Lemon Project, Porcelain Heart, Dream's Dénouement
Organization: Team ANARKY

#5 Post by leon »

You forgot to credit Zylinder for the background you used in the screenshot. Even if it's just a placeholder, you should properly credit the author.
Kato wrote:It seems at this point the post would belong in the 'Ideas' section for now, but I look forward to seeing more detail on this! There's not enough supernatural bxg games around imo!
I agree on both points. This does seem to belong to the Ideas section and I'd say there's not enough BxG games in general around here. Unless there's more to this project and you aren't showing, it seems you only have a somewhat vague plot and the setting at this point. Tips for Creating a Topic for your Game.

XDarkinfinityX

#6 Post by XDarkinfinityX »

DX ill corect that immediately meow....
I've been writing most of the stuff in a journal, so I can make changes whenever and wherever I go. I will only put the parts of this project that I truly intendto implement, but I also hate ruining plots so its not very easy to put EVERYTHING I want into this section.
I'm not sure how to move or if its administrator, I would support this being moved.